Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
cheap with their cars?? everytime I do an upgrade its like buying a new car.. lol. Personally, I own a Supra because I consider the car QUALITY. If it aint quality.. I dont want it on my car. That means $$.

I have seen the cheaped out Supras and I love them.. they make my car worth just that much more.

Everytime I go and see about buying a Supra (you have seen the list of upgrades, etc.. etc.. ) I am always disappointed. I could have bought a car better than mine for less than I put into it.. but at this point I know almost every nut and bolt in my car.

now.. back to Kaminari wing stuff... I think its stock looking enough not to kill the whole Supra sexy bodyline and extended enough to make it unique. I have no idea of functionality (if there's a difference between the pre-89, 89+ and Kaminari.. or even my whaletail.
Definitely would want it in Carbon fibre even though I will be painting. Not gonna pressure Rodel though because I consider his car a work of art and if its a gamble for him, he's better off not gambling.
Totally up to him really. To me.. if its Shine or Kaminari wont make much difference. I dont care about the name.. its the "look". There are only a handful of us who will understand the rarity side.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Orion ZyGarian;1885510 said:
Are you still upset over the ITB thing? The originals will always be the only originals. If other people want to go for another set, I dont see why the people that paid tons more for the same part deserve any special treatment from the community. Yes, it's baller status, and good for them. I'm glad theyre actually keeping them alive and such, but in the end, you're paying a ton of money for some fiberglass that was made in Japan long ago instead of somewhere else. Nobody owes you anything for it

off-topic: This is not the time or place... (I will say this though, from my perspective you tend to either sidestep the subject/tangent or miss the point I was trying to make. this makes things highly frustrating, but it happens.)

Last edited:

SlimLim

May 21, 2006
Australia
Yep it's entirely up to the owners if they want to get it replicated for various reasons. It's not even about money, but being unique from the others. That's why we mod our cars right?

I'm not going to sit here on my high horse and 'guilt' people about helping the community blah blah, like some in here seem to think that because you have something rare, you have to always 'help' the community. Well i have a rare genuine regulus nose piece here. I paid $$$ for it, and took 5 yrs of searching to find one. No i'm not giving it to you on a platter, unless there was some decent compensation for it.

Rodel has done enough for all of you, getting shine to make various things for our cars.

As much as i want the kaminari wing, if it isn't copied, there's no loss from my end, as and would continue looking for one. The community will still be the same, waiting for that rare piece to pop up again. I'm prepared to pay something decent for it, but not $1600 like the last one.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
LOL... i figured thats what a lot of people would say and the MAIN reason why i took that offer ;)..... As many of you know i had originally purchased the wing from this very forum for $600. NO ONE JUMPED ON IT! It was for sale for 2 weeks before i bought it and not one of you bought it. WHY? There are SOOOO many of you that wanted it?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sadly.. that is the case with most group buys. Hot hot pre-discussion, then when it comes time to ante-up... nada. They can drag forever. I wouldn't personally pay 1600.00 for this spoiler myself. For a CF version, I might go as high as 1000.00 if it included mounting hardware (again, not concerned about the 3rd light...lol), but more than that is a complete bodykit really... Happy with my whaletail as is, but would like to go this route only if it was within my budget (which is why I wont say I am definitely in this until I see numbers...)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1885479 said:
It's a body part, and it's rare. Shit happens and you break it, where are you going to get a replacement? Oh wait...
This is what makes me nervous about mine. Which is why I would love for there to be a replica version of mine as well, just in case.

Grandavi;1885590 said:
...but more than that is a complete bodykit really...
Uhh... for what it's worth, I have about $3750 into mine (hood, front and rear fenders, front bumper cover, nose piece, skirts, rear add-ons, and spoiler, I forget what the headlight covers cost), so you're still a long way from a whole bodykit. :)

Now, in the interest of a business aspect of this. If someone were willing to offer up their spoiler for replication, would you all be willing to split the cost of a replacement (as much as $1600 as of the most recent sale) as a means of insurance for the owner? That would be a nice incentive, and a good compromise IMO.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
I'll chime in, because I'm the guy that paid $1600 for the spoiler. I paid that much because it wasn't "for sale". Had I seen the wing for sale for $600 I would have bought it that instant, problem was that I'd never seen one forsale and Rodel was never going to sell his, I tried... I'm willing to pay top dollar for rare parts that I want, I buy them to set my car apart from others and would never give up my wing for replication.

If someone does give up the wing for replication, that's their choice, it deminishes the value of their part and I think it would be a shame... and of course I'd be dissappointed that i paid 2x what they'd likely sell for.

If anyone with a genuine wing is considering sending theirs in, let me know what they're offering you. Maybe I can make a better deal ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RPSil13;1895297 said:
just when i thought this was gaining some momentum....

anyone know if anything came about from the talks w/ kaminari?
No kidding, what happened guys? Run out of marshmallows?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Well since youre not even using it rodel. I could keep it warm here in florida for you till u decide what to do with it :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
xzeror;1897111 said:
Well since youre not even using it rodel. I could keep it warm here in florida for you till u decide what to do with it :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Just PM me your address.

I would consider trading it for something rare, unique, and tasteful. We should have a unique parts bartering thread.