Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
lithium14;1883640 said:
to commit you have to put money down now. That's why it's so damn hard to get anything going in terms of replicating rare parts.

A. Getting the rare part itself to be replicated.
B. Finding enough people willing to pay on the spot for a product that still has months of manufacturing to go through and no idea on how the final product will turn out
C. The MK3 community is not like the MK4, where shops can replicate famous rare and sought after parts and KNOW they will sell like candy. MK3 owners tend to be poor like me. Which leads back to point B.

Correct on point A and C.

Point B on the other hand is not quite right. I dont know how other companies operate, but with Shine, everyone gets the part the way it is expected. Also, group buys tend to drag because buyers either flake out or lag on making payment. The group buys i have organized have been reasonably timely once all payments have been received.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Clint;1883642 said:
Huh, you don't say? That was very interesting... So Rodel who do we send money to? Let's get some committed people.

Normally, Shine group buys need 15 committed people. If there is indication of this...which means about 25 seriously interested people (to factor in people who will backout), then I will consider approaching Shine about a group buy.

KamiPete

Nov 18, 2011
Nevada
As the owner of Kaminari I would be happy to rebuild new molds from an original. I would personally guarantee the original would be returned in its original condition.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
KamiPete;1884217 said:
As the owner of Kaminari I would be happy to rebuild new molds from an original. I would personally guarantee the original would be returned in its original condition.

Now where talking! So who's going to step up to the plate and send there wing off? Rodel? :)

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
By looking at these pictures in this thread of the Kaminari spoiler makes me wonder if that's the spoiler my car came with. I noticed that mine is not factory at all and sits a little higher than stock and the mounting points are different, but I didn't pay it any attention. I will post some pics in the next few days so you guys can verify.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gonna be good timing for me if this flies... : ) I have to do a front bumper respray and a touch up on the passenger quarter. Will hopefully be able to work in a widebody kit at the same time if Im very lucky : )

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Torque;1884248 said:
By looking at these pictures in this thread of the Kaminari spoiler makes me wonder if that's the spoiler my car came with. I noticed that mine is not factory at all and sits a little higher than stock and the mounting points are different, but I didn't pay it any attention. I will post some pics in the next few days so you guys can verify.

If yours is not Toyota OEM, then you have an aftermarket replica of the OEM 3 piece spoiler (it existed in the past.)
p1884287_1.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss337/Lonewolf777_2009/SAM_0177.jpg

p1884287_2.jpg

This is Kaminari. The center piece is not only higher, but extends pass the hatch. Also the side pieces are different.
p1884287_3.jpg

p1884287_4.jpg

p1884287_5.jpg

p1884287_6.jpg

p1884287_7.jpg

p1884287_8.jpg

p1884287_9.jpg

p1884287_3.jpg

Last edited:

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
KamiPete;1884217 said:

Is this real??? O.O OMG!!!! *happy dance

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm not quite at the body stage of my car yet, but this is very exciting.

Rodel, you'll be a star in the community if the kaminari becomes a retail part thanks to your help.

I'd absolutely pony up the cash for a new one when I get there with my mkiii if one is available in new condition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
suprarx7nut;1884573 said:
I'm not quite at the body stage of my car yet, but this is very exciting.

Rodel, you'll be a star in the community if the kaminari becomes a retail part thanks to your help.

I'd absolutely pony up the cash for a new one when I get there with my mkiii if one is available in new condition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I second this. The Kaminari wing is a guaranteed part that I will get once I arrive at the body stage.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
I spoke to Kaminari's owner. He asked me if I'm willing to ship him my wing so that it could be replicated. Now we have to come to agreement about the terms. I will make careful considerations, but I'm not making promises, gentlemen.

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Clint;1884589 said:
What is kaminari willing to do to sweeten the deal?

Replicate it again.... for a nominal fee of course LOL

^But in all seriousness if you want something that is VERY hard to find and find someone willing to do it. You gotta pay to play when they set their price. Because they have to make a living too.....

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
OneJArpus;1884616 said:
Replicate it again.... for a nominal fee of course LOL

^But in all seriousness if you want something that is VERY hard to find and find someone willing to do it. You gotta pay to play when they set their price. Because they have to make a living too.....

I think Clint was referring to the deal between kaminari and me.

Last edited: