Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That would be legit if kaminari would re make it.

I got money for a remake. If shine did too I would for sure. Ken is legit.

But the whole thing is. What people say they want or and who will actually buy one. Expect 1k for a replica or a re make. If its less cool. If its not be ready.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I contacted Kaminari regarding the 3 piece wing, they dont have it. The whale tail is different... I have one already, so not really interested (at least.. not without seeing it)

mikehall05

Feb 23, 2009
Sparks, NV
your right. they dont currently have it. apparently there was a fire about 8 years ago where many of their molds were destroyed and the less popular ones were never re created. HOWEVER, i spoke with my buddy last night and he said hes going to talk to the local owner and see what would be necessary to get a group buy. the designs are still kept in their computers so it wont be an issue getting it molded. i even mentioned something about getting a new design as well......not sure if thatll bite, but i figured it was worth a shot. he said hes going to talk to the owner on monday so i should have some more information by then.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1882901 said:
I contacted Kaminari regarding the 3 piece wing, they dont have it. The whale tail is different... I have one already, so not really interested (at least.. not without seeing it)

Kaminari whale tail.
K060750.jpg

cooljoe_1985

Oct 9, 2012
Seattle, WA
There is a way that Kaminari will do it. They also lost the mold of the Kaminari 3 Piece spoiler for the Z31. I had found a used Kaminari 3 piece spoiler on ebay for my Z31 and bought it for 100 bucks. I then called Kaminari and asked them if they would remake it if I send them the spoiler I bought, they said they would. The deal I made them was they send me my spoiler back plus a body kit for my car which was 900 bucks and and I get the first successful 3 piece spoiler they made and this is what they sent me 3 months later and I had the ONLY Carbon Fiber one but sold it with the car. Here are some pics of what I got. The pics I have are of the test fit before I installed it. It did install and fit perfectly.
p1882989_1.jpg

p1882989_2.jpg

p1882989_3.jpg

p1882989_4.jpg

p1882989_5.jpg

SlimLim

May 21, 2006
Australia
Yep i'll be in for sure. $500ish for a replica, but i would rather a real kaminari one though and will pay more for one. Who is going to give one for a mould? I don't exactly see rodel jumping up and down to get his rare piece replicated.

SFGGR_Miles

Jan 26, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
cooljoe_1985;1882989 said:
There is a way that Kaminari will do it. They also lost the mold of the Kaminari 3 Piece spoiler for the Z31. I had found a used Kaminari 3 piece spoiler on ebay for my Z31 and bought it for 100 bucks. I then called Kaminari and asked them if they would remake it if I send them the spoiler I bought, they said they would. The deal I made them was they send me my spoiler back plus a body kit for my car which was 900 bucks and and I get the first successful 3 piece spoiler they made and this is what they sent me 3 months later and I had the ONLY Carbon Fiber one but sold it with the car. Here are some pics of what I got. The pics I have are of the test fit before I installed it. It did install and fit perfectly.
p1883245_1.jpg

p1883245_2.jpg

p1883245_3.jpg

p1883245_4.jpg

p1883245_5.jpg

Is there any way you could take a picture from behind? I am having a hard time picturing what this looks like from the angle provided.

cooljoe_1985

Oct 9, 2012
Seattle, WA
Sorry but no. This was for my 87 Nissan 300zx and I have already sold this car. I was just giving an example of that a company will do it if the spoiler is provided. Since I was able to do so, they help me in return by providing me with the only carbon fiber 3 piece for the Z31.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SlimLim;1883238 said:
Yep i'll be in for sure. $500ish for a replica, but i would rather a real kaminari one though and will pay more for one. Who is going to give one for a mould? I don't exactly see rodel jumping up and down to get his rare piece replicated.

I would be uncomfortable giving my wing to Kaminari for replication because they are strangers to me. For all I know, I could be shipping my wing to some Joe scammer. No pun intended: cooljoe_85. LOL.

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Isnt that the same as saying you'd feel uncomfortable sending your HREs to HRE because they are strangers? (provided you don't know them)(we could change the example again if that was the case).

Just an observation; I don't care about the wing either way.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dylan JZ;1883284 said:
Isnt that the same as saying you'd feel uncomfortable sending your HREs to HRE because they are strangers? (provided you don't know them)(we could change the example again if that was the case).

Just an observation; I don't care about the wing either way.

Yes, it is the same.

First of all HRE wouldnt need my 545 wheels to recreate them. And secondly, yes, I would be somewhat uncomfortable. Regardless of company and product, it wouldnt be unreasonable for any person to feel uncomfortable giving up posesssion of a rare piece.

What's interestingly funny in this case is that the Kaminari, would be borrowing and replicating their own original product.

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah, the point I was hoping you would make in response to my question is just that.. they are the original creators, so why be weary.

I can understand though, not saying I do not.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, I would be willing to send Shine my Regulus for a deal like cooljoe_1985 got... but that's a different subject. :p

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1883535 said:
You know, I would be willing to send Shine my Regulus for a deal like cooljoe_1985 got... but that's a different subject. :p

If there are at least 15 buyers willing to commit to buying the Regulus spoiler, Shine would give you a deal. The key word is "committed." Not "interested" =)

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
to commit you have to put money down now. That's why it's so damn hard to get anything going in terms of replicating rare parts.

A. Getting the rare part itself to be replicated.
B. Finding enough people willing to pay on the spot for a product that still has months of manufacturing to go through and no idea on how the final product will turn out
C. The MK3 community is not like the MK4, where shops can replicate famous rare and sought after parts and KNOW they will sell like candy. MK3 owners tend to be poor like me. Which leads back to point B.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
lithium14;1883640 said:
to commit you have to put money down now. That's why it's so damn hard to get anything going in terms of replicating rare parts.

A. Getting the rare part itself to be replicated.
B. Finding enough people willing to pay on the spot for a product that still has months of manufacturing to go through and no idea on how the final product will turn out
C. The MK3 community is not like the MK4, where shops can replicate famous rare and sought after parts and KNOW they will sell like candy. MK3 owners tend to be poor like me. Which leads back to point B.

Huh, you don't say? That was very interesting... So Rodel who do we send money to? Let's get some committed people.