Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stupid thing is... I want it to be expensive...

... that keeps it unique.. because for the most part, people who just dabble in MK3's and kill them dont like throwing expensive items on thier cars..

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Rodel, how about convincing them to do a one-off CF version for you that will never be made again (for anyone).. Something of that nature, aside from monetary compensation or other misc aero is what I would want in return.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Dylan JZ;1884649 said:
Rodel, how about convincing them to do a one-off CF version for you that will never be made again (for anyone).. Something of that nature, aside from monetary compensation or other misc aero is what I would want in return.

This is good food for thought, I'm sure this would be an easy task for Kaminari.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will consider them. The most important thing is that this deal has to be as cleanly and easy as possible.o

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In other words... no "I'll have the money in December!! Can you wait??" and... "Great! This is on my build list.. cant wait... watch me disappear"...
lol.. I would never run a group buy : D

I can commit providing I have numbers... all has to be budgetted for...

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
rodel;1884287 said:
If yours is not Toyota OEM, then you have an aftermarket replica of the OEM 3 piece spoiler (it existed in the past.)
p1884823_1.jpg

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss337/Lonewolf777_2009/SAM_0177.jpg

p1884823_2.jpg

This is Kaminari. The center piece is not only higher, but extends pass the hatch. Also the side pieces are different.
p1884823_3.jpg

p1884823_4.jpg

p1884823_5.jpg

p1884823_6.jpg

p1884823_7.jpg

p1884823_8.jpg

p1884823_9.jpg

p1884823_3.jpg

Ahh. OK i see now. Thanks.

SlimLim

May 21, 2006
Australia
I can't believe this may actually move past a hopes and dreams thread.

Get kaminari to replicate it, and have a CF option. Down for whatever here.

I have the kaminari side skirts and they fit really nice, better than shine products.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Probably not ;) ^ doubt any of the current owners of a real kaminari will send theirs out just to have the value of their originals decrease. I sold my real kaminari for 1600, and sending it out to be replicated was never an option for me :).

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
And therein lies the problem.. I personally would not be disappointed in anyone, especially Rodel, if they decided to not send theirs in to be replicated. In fact, the outcome is likely going to be more exaggerated than you think, which is why Kaminari is interested in the first place.. everyone appears to genuinely want one of these, and there are enough owners with money (seeing as how this isn't pre89 vs 89+, etc).

So, two things can happen: the originals lose their value, especially since the new ones will in fact be new originals (Kaminari itself would be reproducing them), and a bunch of people will have these on their cars thus decreasing another big detail of a part like this, rarity. Now that I've considered this to the full extent, I can see why Rodel possibly wanted to have Shine do this instead of Kaminari; originals would keep their high price and rarity, but others could buy the copies for aesthetics and at a cheaper price. I should have realized sooner, and no, I do not think it is selfish to look at it this way.

Of course, most of this could be avoided if Kaminari set the price point of these up high enough to deter anyone who hasn't actively been searching for one regardless of price (unlikely).

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
RazoE;1885452 said:
Geez, it's like taking your ball and going home because no one wants to play your game. Stop being dicks and open up the community.

I'm with stupid. Who are you to decide who does and doesnt get parts in our community? If someone wants to go for a quality replica for a part that isnt made anymore (or in this case, even better, getting the originals remade by the same company), then they should be able to without being ridiculed. I feel like the elitists that dont want it to happen are just butthurt that they spent that much on something, likely "just because it is rare" or "they want to be unique." If it was produced like that, someone else will also always have one.

If you really want to be unique, I say look into taking an aerodynamics class, how to work with fiberglass, and just go for it. Not trying to be rude or obnoxious, but you may find what you make to be more suited to your tastes than something already made, and maybe other people wouldntve thought about something like that...so now you have potentially a new market to work with!

That's how I feel about it. However I also still think it'd be awesome for Rodel to send his off to be made by Kaminari, and they should be set at whatever price they feel necessary. I also think people need to stop being cheap with their cars, as we will continue to be underappreciated as "MkIII owners" by the public until we show them how passionate we are about them and what they are capable of.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I was merely suggesting a different point of view, and I feel as though you blew it completely out of proportion as per usual.

The point is: I think one has to consider both sides with an open mind and accept current Kaminari owners decisions on the matter. If Rodel and others decide to do it or to not do it, respect their decisions either way. In other words, I'd like to see the access for everyone, but I also would like to see positives for the folks that paid and perpetuated that possibility, which is why I suggested the CF treatment for Rodel. Problem with that is he not the only one.

If you ignore this facet of the equation, then you are disrespectful and ignorant.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
If kaminari did it once... couldnt they do it again? Also rodel isnt the only one with the wing lol. You could try to talk to the other "few".

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Dylan JZ;1885465 said:
I was merely suggesting a different point of view, and I feel as though you blew it completely out of proportion as per usual.

The point is: I think one has to consider both sides with an open mind and accept current Kaminari owners decisions on the matter. If Rodel and others decide to do it or to not do it, respect their decisions either way. In other words, I'd like to see the access for everyone, but I also would like to see positives for the folks that paid and perpetuated that possibility, which is why I suggested the CF treatment for Rodel. Problem with that is he not the only one.

If you ignore this facet of the equation, then you are disrespectful and ignorant.

Are you still upset over the ITB thing? The originals will always be the only originals. If other people want to go for another set, I dont see why the people that paid tons more for the same part deserve any special treatment from the community. Yes, it's baller status, and good for them. I'm glad theyre actually keeping them alive and such, but in the end, you're paying a ton of money for some fiberglass that was made in Japan long ago instead of somewhere else. Nobody owes you anything for it