Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
rodel;1897113 said:
I would consider trading it for something rare, unique, and tasteful. We should have a unique parts bartering thread.
I don't know about the rest of you, but my confidence in shipping companies isn't so high that I'd really WANT to ship out a rare, long-out-of-production part. Cool idea though. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
te72;1897814 said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but my confidence in shipping companies isn't so high that I'd really WANT to ship out a rare, long-out-of-production part. Cool idea though. :)

Yeah, don't think "priceless" is covered under their insurance...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Who has something priceless to trade for my Kaminari? (I'm looking for the HKS Evolution Dual Exhaust.)

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I would trade you my MK3 that has been with me since before I was born... but then that would defeat the purpose LOL!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1897823 said:
Yeah, don't think "priceless" is covered under their insurance...
I don't suppose Mastercard has a shipping division, do they? :p

I was upset enough when UPS delivered my manifold to the wrong street, I can only imagine something like a body part. A manifold, while US made and well made at that, is replaceable. A spoiler like this? Not so much.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1897814 said:

Brad,

Ship your Regulus to me. I'll ship my Kaminari to you.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
rodel;1900555 said:
Brad,

Ship your Regulus to me. I'll ship my Kaminari to you.
Tempting as that offer is sir, I really think the Regulus is going to be the icing on the cake with my car. Now if you could get a couple replicas made for me (mostly for backup purposes), we might be able to work something out...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1901770 said:
Tempting as that offer is sir, I really think the Regulus is going to be the icing on the cake with my car. Now if you could get a couple replicas made for me (mostly for backup purposes), we might be able to work something out...

Shine's owner is a big fan of the Mk3, the main reason they make mk3 parts. But just like the Kaminari wing, it would not make business sense for Shine to replicate the Regulus wing since they would probably sell only a handful.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
rodel;1901787 said:
Shine's owner is a big fan of the Mk3, the main reason they make mk3 parts. But just like the Kaminari wing, it would not make business sense for Shine to replicate the Regulus wing since they would probably sell only a handful.

Correct.... and with this item i'm glad... its rare and should stay that way....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
All 3 pieces are different. It's taller and longer and the side piece come forward more.

Not exactly a easy process just just make one fast.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
rodel;1901787 said:
I emailed Ken shortly after I picked up my wing offering them the chance to replicate it, and got about the same explanation as you give here.

rodel;1902231 said:
Lost 10 years ago in a fire. So the part is doomed for extinction.
However, things like fire, accident, vandalism, etc, are exactly why I want my wing to be replicated. When is the last time one was for sale? And what happens if something unfortunate happens to my car? I'm not going to put it in a glass cage for display, it will be driven...

For what it is worth, I always kinda thought the Regulus looked like the GT-R's V-spec wings on the R32/R33. ;)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
However, things like fire, accident, vandalism, etc, are exactly why I want my wing to be replicated. When is the last time one was for sale? And what happens if something unfortunate happens to my car? I'm not going to put it in a glass cage for display, it will be driven...

For what it is worth, I always kinda thought the Regulus looked like the GT-R's V-spec wings on the R32/R33. ;)

Why don't you contact a company like VISracing and AITracing and ask if they would replicate your Regulus wing?