Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It would depend on timing. I don't really care about cost really. Shine is pretty reasonable. BUt if it were to happen within the next year, I would be game, if not, I will be converting my whale tail into a 3 piece and be done :)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
TBH the kaminari wing is not my style. I crave a hiro "double" wing which seems to be even rarer for north america and same with the gracer as well many people bite it but yet no one will mass produce it as they can't get ahold of it so they hold their value and rarity. I think the same will come of this spoiler, you basically have to go stock, wingless or get one of Javis' crazy creations

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Re-igniting this thread. Is there any news in this department? Was there another group that was asking about it, or did it end up being us?

I'm finally at the point in my life where I am willing and able to start spending money frivolously for MkIII parts. I still havent decided 100% what direction I would like to take (certain ratio of "boy racer fun car" vs"clean and professional") and will most likely be keeping the 88 spoiler for now; but just like my decision to purchase the last 89+ taillight, I want there to be options available. I have owned my car for 9 years now and dont expect it to ever leave me willingly. As has been mentioned in the thread, I would want a backup plan for parts, should the unthinkable happen, namely a crash.

I'm assuming there's nothing new still, but I am very serious about keeping options open for these cars. As time goes by, there will only be less out there.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I don't understand why people want one of these so bad; is it the rarity/badass factor? I mean, 99% of that will disappear if it eventually is replicated, so...

It's a nice wing and all but geez lol

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Rarity doesnt do a whole lot for me. The reason I like it is because of the subtle improvements it has over the already beautifully designed 89+ 3 piece. It's enough to be noticeable and tasteful, yet it could be OEM. It rides that OEM+ line so very well

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doat;2014664 said:
I need a side by side comparison of this vs stock because it looks almost exactly the same.

Carefully examine these pics

p2014667_1.jpg

p2014667_2.jpg

p2014667_3.jpg

p2014667_4.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dylan JZ;2014658 said:
I don't understand why people want one of these so bad; is it the rarity/badass factor? I mean, 99% of that will disappear if it eventually is replicated, so...

It's a nice wing and all but geez lol

You answered your own question, Dylan. You understand, afterall. :naughty:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doat;2014669 said:
ahhh it's thicker/sticks out a little more than stock.

A lot more than stock. Its almost sticks out, with the spoiler edge almost parallel to the bumper's edge.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Orion ZyGarian;2014605 said:
Re-igniting this thread. Is there any news in this department? Was there another group that was asking about it, or did it end up being us?

I'm finally at the point in my life where I am willing and able to start spending money frivolously for MkIII parts. I still havent decided 100% what direction I would like to take (certain ratio of "boy racer fun car" vs"clean and professional") and will most likely be keeping the 88 spoiler for now; but just like my decision to purchase the last 89+ taillight, I want there to be options available. I have owned my car for 9 years now and dont expect it to ever leave me willingly. As has been mentioned in the thread, I would want a backup plan for parts, should the unthinkable happen, namely a crash.

I'm assuming there's nothing new still, but I am very serious about keeping options open for these cars. As time goes by, there will only be less out there.

No replication as of yet. The last few buyers of this wing spent frivolously.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
::dead horse:: If you dont have one you will not have one without spending a lot of money. Most mk3 owners will never fork out not even half of what the wing is worth. Get a stock 3 piece and call it a day.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I might be willing to spend a stupid amount of money is what I'm saying. It depends. It's not just that theyre expensive, its that they arent for sale much either. Trust me, I'm not "most MkIII owners." I've been through the thread a few times, and this isnt my first time around the block. I understand people have been paying $1300+ for them

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Has anyone considered modifying the stock 3 piece wing so that the middle piece extends past the hatch, like the kaminari?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
rodel;2051181 said:
Has anyone considered modifying the stock 3 piece wing so that the middle piece extends past the hatch, like the kaminari?

That's an interesting thought, I'm sure someone out there with bodywork skills could do something. But at that point it may be worth it just to have a completely custom spoiler made instead.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
I've had conversation with Shineautoproject about producing the kaminari 3 piece. We are considering a limited production run