Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, I trust Shine, having seen their products, meeting them years ago at SILV, seeing how dedicated to the Mk3 they are, having done business with them, etc. The other companies, I honestly have no idea of their reputation... Not like I could replace this thing easily if they screw it up. :dunno:

I'll check with the guy that does most of the technical stuff on my cars, he has a nice roll of carbon fiber, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to work with fiberglass...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1903331 said:
Eh, I trust Shine, having seen their products, meeting them years ago at SILV, seeing how dedicated to the Mk3 they are, having done business with them, etc. The other companies, I honestly have no idea of their reputation... Not like I could replace this thing easily if they screw it up. :dunno:

One of the reasons why I did not send my spoiler to Kaminari. My trust is with Shine only.

te72;1903331 said:
I'll check with the guy that does most of the technical stuff on my cars, he has a nice roll of carbon fiber, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to work with fiberglass...

Working with fiberglass is one thing...but making parts is another.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
rodel;1903337 said:
Working with fiberglass is one thing...but making parts is another.

+1 to this...

Nothing more disheartening then getting that custom FG or CF piece (like headlight covers) to find out that they are different thicknesses in different areas, don't quite go parallel to body lines and have been over sanded...

or to put a new tail on to find its 3/4" wider than it should be and has a ripple in the center that your going to see the rest of your life... lol.

The one thing holding me back from buying a CF hood replacement = fitment. Im scared... :p

On D Rise

Jan 31, 2010
Queens, NY
Hey Guys, I emailed Kaminari a few days ago asking if they would ever try to make this spoiler again and got a reply from Pete Morley saying if he can get someone to sell one to him or loan one, they would definitely reproduce it. Question is who is willing to sell or loan theirs?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
No one is. This thread has been beat to death. The few who have this wing won't give it up for reproduction as it lowers the value and the cool rare factor. I had the wing and sold it for 1600 when I paid 600 a few years back. Not once did I ever think to get it reproduced. Sorry.. this wing was on sale for well over a month and no one bought it at the 600 price tag and then now there are flocks saying they would pay that for a reproduction... When it comes down to it many won't pay.

Lot of talk not enough pics. I love this wing. Here it is after I painted to match the poopra.

p1953030_1.jpg

Last edited:

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would do it in a heartbeat, however, I have to catch up on all the upgrades I have done over the last 12 months.. if it wasn't for the $$ being short atm, I would actually own one right now because I had to pass on one I found for that reason only.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Anyone come up on a Kaminari lately? Fyi, a few months ago, I my friend sold his for $1700. Crazy.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
nitroneon85;1982608 said:
Not worth the money. Even at $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youre right, for most people, its not worth the money. Only a few people will spend a high price for rarity and what they believe would positively set their car apart from others.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
rodel;1982734 said:
Youre right, for most people, its not worth the money. Only a few people will spend a high price for rarity and what they believe would positively set their car apart from others.

And if they started producing them again it could lose this nitch as well........

I would totally love one!!!
However if it was readily available I would definitely not be as interested

That being said if there was a group buy of a small run(20 or so) decently priced($600 or less) replicas I would be in in a heartbeat

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
nitroneon85;1982608 said:
Not worth the money. Even at $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine for that price and sold it for over double the price (; no one on this forum touched it at the 600$ price tag... It stayed a good amount of time on the fs threads.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
600 is pretty cheap if your not a body man and buying it for style. It's going to cost me between 600-1200 just to get my whale tail turned into a 3 peice because I have to pay someone.

I never hear the word cheap when it comes to my supra. Tried cutting corners twice... Never again.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
xzeror;1983078 said:
I bought mine for that price and sold it for over double the price (; no one on this forum touched it at the 600$ price tag... It stayed a good amount of time on the fs threads.

$600 is too expensive for most mk3 owners. $250 seems to be the sweet spot for what the majority of mk3 owners would pay for aero parts.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1983082 said:
600 is pretty cheap if your not a body man and buying it for style. It's going to cost me between 600-1200 just to get my whale tail turned into a 3 peice because I have to pay someone.

I never hear the word cheap when it comes to my supra. Tried cutting corners twice... Never again.

An extraordinary supra like yours doesnt come cheap. Cheap results in less than ordinary.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Interestingly, Shine received a call couple of days ago from someone requesting a group buy after a group of guys pull together to buy a Kaminari wing.