2 SM members hurt in car accident...Update post 31. He's home!

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2009/10/12/multi-car-crash-sends-five-to-area-hospitals

GRANDVIEW, Wash. — An Ellensburg man is in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after a Sunday evening crash on Interstate 82 that sent four other patients to regional hospitals, the Washington State Patrol reported.

McKay Alliston, 21, was first treated at Sunnyside Community Hospital before being flown to the Seattle hospital.

He was one of four drivers who were involved in the crash, which was reported about 7 p.m. outside of Grandview. The others had all been released from the hospital by this afternoon.

State troopers said a Chevrolet Monte Carlo was passing a Buick Roadmaster when the Roadmaster struck the right rear of the Monte Carlo. Both cars went into the median. The Roadmaster continued west in the eastbound lanes of the interstate, striking a Ford Explorer before stopping on the shoulder. Alliston, driving another Ford Explorer, swerved to miss the Roadmaster and rolled his vehicle.

The Roadmaster’s driver, 70-year-old Arturo G. Lopez of Sunnyside, was not hurt.

The Monte Carlo’s driver, 20-year-old Chelsea Schlenker of Zillah, was taken to Prosser Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released, a spokeswoman said.

The first Ford Explorer’s driver, 37-year-old Ana C. Gutierrez of Grandview, was taken to Kadlec Medical Center in Richland.

The two passengers in Alliston’s Explorer — John Vandervate and Timothy Beaudry, both 21-year-old Yakima residents — were taken to Kadlec.

The three patients at Kadlec had been released by Monday afternoon, a spokesman said.

All occupants were wearing seat belts. Intoxicants were not involved, troopers said.

The cause is under investigation, and investigators are still considering whether to seek any charges.
-------------------------------------------------------

Though neither were very active on the forums, they both love supras. Mckay sold his 90 turbo white package to Tim a couple months ago. Pictured is Mckay driving, and Tim riding shotgun to the Centralia meet in '08.
p1427418_1.jpg

Mckay is currently surrounded by friends and family. He has numerous skull and facial fractures, a severely separated shoulder needing surgery, both hands need to be surgically repaired, bruised lungs, and is currently on a ventilator.
p1427418_2.jpg

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all involved! <3

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
So wait the 70yr old driver of the roadmaster kept on going? Best wishes to him, friends, and family.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Get better soon guys....

It sucks bad enough when the accident is your own fault (whether your driving or car was at fault), it's even worse when you're the innocent party on the other side of the interstate from where it all started....

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Man Dunckel, I just read this!!! How are they all doing? Is McKay still in Seattle? Is he well enough for visitors? Probably not; but, if you could let me know when he is, that'd be great!

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
CajunKenny;1427509 said:
Man Dunckel, I just read this!!! How are they all doing? Is McKay still in Seattle? Is he well enough for visitors? Probably not; but, if you could let me know when he is, that'd be great!

Tim was released this afternoon. He was kept overnight for observation. I haven't talked to him yet. I figured I wouldn't bug him for a couple days to let him rest, and be with his family.

I spoke to Mckay's ex-girlfriend earlier, who was at his bedside in Seattle. She said he is responding to Doctors' commands, like moving his arms and legs. It is still way too early to speculate on anything yet. My uneducated guess is he will be there a couple weeks. Doctors need to do surgery, but are waiting on his lungs to heal a bit. She told me she will keep me updated.

Thanks to everyone for their positive thoughts and/or prayers.