2 SM members hurt in car accident...Update post 31. He's home!

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
CajunKenny;1427509 said:
Man Dunckel, I just read this!!! How are they all doing? Is McKay still in Seattle? Is he well enough for visitors? Probably not; but, if you could let me know when he is, that'd be great!

o yeah dude visitors are good. i get bored

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Take it from someone who has been there and then some. You're doing well man. Be glad for the injuries you don't have.

The human body can survive and heal from an amazing amount of abuse. Being home and out of the hospital will make you feel tremendously better.

Take care.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Eat lots of protein, it will help you heal faster (I'm serious on this, this is a quote from my teacher who's a registered dietrician up in Bellingham at the hospital). Take it easy bro and do what you can to stay active (if not physically, mentally atleast). That will also help you recover faster. Sounds wierd, but it's true. Too bad you're not closer, otherwise I'd bring you all kinds of stuff to help you recover.

Adam

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Supracentral;1435880 said:
Take it from someone who has been there and then some. You're doing well man. Be glad for the injuries you don't have.

The human body can survive and heal from an amazing amount of abuse. Being home and out of the hospital will make you feel tremendously better.

Take care.

^^ What he said!

We heal and can bounce back from the most horrible injuries.

Coming home was one of the happiest day's of my life, good to have you back in the real world.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
yeah i was so glad to come home. they said i would be in the hospital for 3-4 weeks... i was out in 1. i blame the catheter, worst pain i felt throughout the whole ordeal.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^^ Ditto there brutha! Unfortunately, I've had two in my life. THAT was two too many!!!

PM me your number and we'll set up a time for a visit. I'll bring you some DVD goodies. (and to you pervs out there.....NOT those kind of DVD's!! ;))

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
cry4me_sky;1436293 said:
yeah i was so glad to come home. they said i would be in the hospital for 3-4 weeks... i was out in 1. i blame the catheter, worst pain i felt throughout the whole ordeal.

I was in for 3 months after mine :(

Then another 3 months for follow up surgery on top.

If you ever need a chat don't hesitate to PM me.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
IJ.;1436427 said:

wow ij i cant imagine. that must have sucked

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1436427 said:

Same here. I was in intensive care for 3 months, 3 months of additional hospitalization and surgery, and then 3 months learning to walk and teaching atrophied muscles to work all over again.

As of this writing I have:

• 17 false teeth.
  • a titanium shinbone, in my right leg
  • plastic kneecap in my left knee
  • a hollow right hip
  • permanent nerve damage in my face (can't feel 1/2 my bottom lip)
  • scars - lots of them (ask Theresa)
  • severe muscle atropy in my right leg
  • had 5,000 microstitches above the collar bone.

Also every bone and/or joint is either chipped or cracked in some way.

IJ.;1436427 said:

Same here - if you want to talk to someone who has been there, shoot me a PM. I figure between my being in the US and Ian being in AU, you've got 24/7 support coverage. :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Woot for getting out! Good to see your kickin ass and takin names. keep it up with the updates and healing.

ruiner

Jul 9, 2008
Yaktown
Thanks for the support guys, im a little late checking this thread. Here are some pics of me a few days after the accident if you wanna see. Nowhere near as bad as mckay's injuries though. Im pretty sure the majority of the blood on my pants is from mckay. I got away with lung contusions and scrapes and bruises. My back still hurts but whatever, im glad everyone else is ok.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 25
  • me2.JPG
    me2.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 21
  • me3.jpg
    me3.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 25
  • pants2.jpg
    pants2.jpg