Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
So what's the most aggressive that anyone has gone (front and back) without installing a widebody kit, just fender pulling? Wheel width and offset would help. Any pics?

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
i currently have 2003 mustang gt bullets on my car which is
front- 17/8" +30mm offset with 245's
rear- 17/8" +30mm offset with 275's

no rubbing issues at all and the rears are soon to be 17/10.5" +28mm offset with 315's which will stick out 3/4" so fenders will need to rolled for sure but the set up will work and nicely and works nicely. . .

thanks
-sean

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wiisass said:
Quit talking about it and post some pics.

GF has digicam, went outside with shitty camera phone.

Excuse quality, and photo angle, there is no lighting from the side, and i can't get it outside till it get it to run. Don't worry, it's real nice in person.

Attachments

• gettin there.JPG
    gettin there.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 2,642

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Needs some of them there godfather fender flares or some more pull...
Just cause the tread can fit inside the wheel well does not make it ok for the rest of the sidewall to be ~3 or more inches outsideeee of the wheel well...LOL

I think it looks just ok for now and maybe with a hint more pull (if any more is possible without denting) it'd look sick.

Plus PROPS for pushing the envelope. I'll be adding to this thread again soon after a year hiatus...

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Well from the pic, it doesn't look like there's anyway it will clear and give you any suspension travel. And they stick out too far, I think it looks stupid and I"m all about fitting awesome wheels. But I'm also all about driving with awesome wheels.

Maybe with some camber, you can get them to tuck right, but they'll still be sticking out too far. It just looks like you're trying to hard to fit the biggest wheels, which you did, but you're not trying hard enough to make it look good.

I don't think godfather flares will do it either. I don't think godfather flares really do anything do they. Aren't they just like styling pieces, they don't really give you any more room under the fender. At least that's what it seems like from the recommendations of attaching them to the car with double sided tape. And even if you did cut out under the fender, what would they give you, like an extra 1/2"?