swaq's mild build

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
kwnate said:
Thats a very nice car you picked up. The 91 burgandy is alot nicer then the Gunmetal rims look great on that color, so when you upgrade make sure you pick up some gunmetal rims :) Congrats! :love:

Thanks. :) I've already got some gunmetal replacement rims in mind. I'll probably wait until the next set of tires wear out before upgrading though.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
swaq said:
Pete, I think it was about $100-150 in gas, then $150 for the UHaul trailer. Then another $45 for a two-bed motel room in Klamath Falls. So yeah, just about how much the car was right there.

Kyle, I think the cloud cover is putting a real damper on the photos. I'll have to do a better photo shoot when the sun comes out. :) I'm looking forward to Spring as well.

[edit] Actual build[ish] type update! Just ordered new tires, as the old ones were getting on in age. 225/50ZR16, BFGoodrich g-Force Sport. [/edit]
Or we'll have to do a better photo shoot when I come down/you come up :)
Or have Dylan take some photos for you, isn't he in the oregon area someeewhere?

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
kylefoto said:
Or we'll have to do a better photo shoot when I come down/you come up :)
Or have Dylan take some photos for you, isn't he in the oregon area someeewhere?

I'm thinking of having a Supra meet sometime in the spring. I'm waiting until I find out where I'll be doing my internship in the spring before I start planning anything though. I should find out in 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks shaeff and s383mmber1!

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
swaq said:
I'm thinking of having a Supra meet sometime in the spring. I'm waiting until I find out where I'll be doing my internship in the spring before I start planning anything though. I should find out in 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks shaeff and s383mmber1!
Sweet. Let me know when you get a date for the meet so I can request it off work!

kwnate said:
Go to the Centralia meet in April, no date yet but there are usually alot of cars :)
fa sho!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
kylefoto said:
Sweet. Let me know when you get a date for the meet so I can request it off work!

Will do.

Drove back to Corvallis today. I was watching the boost gauge more carefully and it seems I'm hitting just over 0.8 bar, which I believe is between 11 and 12psi. During the drive the Supra emblem flew off!! I'm going to have to get a replacement... :( (pics later)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah I got to see it today, and the pics dont really do it justice. My least favorite color up till now was always burgundy, but the 91 burgundy is very nice actually. Its the first one Ive seen in person. Its less red and more brown, and really is quite nice. I set my KevinM signal covers on it and they were dead sexy on the dark paint!

Real nice looking car Justin. Welcome to the club!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
theWeezL said:
I set my KevinM signal covers on it and they were dead sexy on the dark paint!

Real nice looking car Justin. Welcome to the club!

Do it again and take pics!

Damn that car looks so nice and I love the color.

bluemyst

grad student... woo
Jul 14, 2006
Arizona
www.r-blue.com
I got to drive her for the first time today. I had fun. =) More fun than in studduck's. Not sure if that's Leyla being better or the fact that Justin owns her (probably both... no, I'm not biased at all... *wink*).

The Blitz blow-off valve is definitely not subtle, but I like it. Lots. Eh heh.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Did some topless driving yesterday :)

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Finally got my new tires (BFGoodrich g-Force Sport) installed. The shop was real quick and nice. They even let me drive my car in and I watched while they switched the tires. I wish I had brought my camera though so I could get some in-progress pictures.

One of the old tires ripped while the guy was taking it off of the wheel. He said he's never seen that happen and he figured it was a weak spot. Also, looking at the tread depth once the tires were off the wheels I'm really glad I got new ones. They were coming right up to the wear indicators, and you should really change your tires when you have twice that depth left. Also, from looking at the DOT codes, the tires were about 6 years old.

Now I get to spend the next 500 miles breaking in the new tires. I'm going up to Salem tomorrow so that should help rack up some miles.

I replaced the Florida plate with an Oregon plate, but I haven't bothered putting on a front plate yet.

Once I got back I looked around for some stuff to wash Leyla with, but we didn't have anything good enough. So I just went with a quick hose down and took some pictures. Next time it's sunny and I'm able to do a real wash I'll take some more pictures. I want some more with the targa top off.

Anyway, she's still really dirty and I didn't go anywhere special to take the pictures, except in the sun. Enjoy anyway. :)

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg