swaq's mild build

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Thanks guys. You can't really see it very well in the pictures, but it is a pearl paint which I was able to notice for the first time today when I looked at it in the sun, despite being dirty.

buckshotglass said:
Cool. That's a sweet car you got there Swaq. It's the same color as mine, without the black.:)
It looks like it needs nothing... when are you going to take it all apart?;)

Same color without the black, haha. :)

Short term plans are an aluminum radiator for extra insurance (it has electric fans) and a new intercooler. Longer term plans are upgrading the fuel system and doing some tuning with a MAFT Pro. I also want to get wider wheels and tires (I'm eyeing the set on your car very closely, buckshotglass). Eventually I'll probably need to upgrade the clutch too, it's still a stock clutch (though replaced somewhat recently).

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
So on the day that I drove Leyla down to Corvallis from Beaverton the hood emblem flew off. This was due to it only being attached with double-sided tape, but it probably didn't help that I hit 130 mph.

IMG_2453.jpg

The local stealership wants $70.55 for a new badge without the clip. So I went to eBay and got a used one with clip for $15 shipped.

IMG_2458.jpg

Once it arrived I went right to work to try and install it. Unfortunately I got stuck on how to get to the nuts in the fender that hold the nose to the corners.

IMG_2457.jpg

The next day I got bored and sanded and painted the clip to help keep it from corroding.

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

Armed with IJ's tips and more free time I made another attempt at replacing the badge today.

I had to go out and buy an adapter for my friend's breaker bar to fit my 21mm socket. I don't have the lug wrench
IMG_2466.jpg

Tein HA coilovers, fender liner removed
IMG_2472.jpg

The pesky nuts, view from the wheel well
IMG_2474.jpg

Right side
IMG_2475.jpg

Fender liners, the left one is missing a chunk
IMG_2476.jpg

This is as disassembled as she got today
IMG_2477.jpg

Victory! So much work just to get to the underside of this... The bumper support was damp from water getting though the exposed hole
IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

Some of the paint came off when sliding on the clip. It's on upside down in this picture
IMG_2480.jpg

It then got dark very quickly. Getting the fender liners back in without much light was not fun. I still have to put the grills next to the turn signals back in. The left one was a pain because the oil cooler partially blocked the screw, but fortunately I have a bendable attachment for my screwdriver ratchet.

Night pictures:

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

Last edited:

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Avatar and signature updated finally, as I was able to take some decent pictures today. After I reinstalled the grill I went out shopping for car cleaning supplies. I then washed Leyla and had a small photo shoot.

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

The new emblem :)
IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
WeezL - Yep, it's been gorgeous weather finally. :)

trydrew - Thanks. I only have so much time, and I didn't buy anything to shine the tires with.

empera - It's "Burgundy Pearl", I believe. Code 3H8, though I haven't actually checked for myself yet. It's much better than the older maroon, in my opinion, and has really grown on me already.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
swaq said:
It's much better than the older maroon, in my opinion, and has really grown on me already.
Tru dat!

Swaq,
I'll take some nice photos of your car when I come down for the valley meet in April (it's april right?). I don't think those pictures really do it justice, the paint looks immaculate from what I can tell. I still need to request that off work.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Did my first oil change on March 28th. I'll probably want to do it again before I move to Arizona, as I don't know where I'd be able to do it there.

Full synthetic Mobil 1 0W-40 oil.
IMG_2529.jpg

Oil drain valve. Should make the next oil change easy. :)
IMG_2530.jpg

Aluminum jack and jack stands as it's too low for my ramps.
IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
May 5th, I got in on the Koyo radiator group buy.

Old radiator out (this is now on my fiancee's brother's Supra, his cracked):
IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

Electric fans on new radiator:
IMG_2734.jpg

Slides right in!
IMG_2735.jpg

Plenty of space to spare. :)
IMG_2736.jpg

While I was at it I washed her and did another quick photo shoot:
IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Eventually I'll get her repainted...
IMG_2746.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
June 17th. Yet another photo shoot. Yeah, I like taking pictures of my car...

The GS 300 was my parents, but my brother drove it around most. We sold it.
IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

Odometer got messed up somehow. It should be around 15x,xxx miles.
IMG_2795.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
August 19th. So during the summer my fan controller decided to die on me. Thankfully I had the Koyo aluminum radiator or the temps would have really spiked. I replaced the controller without too much trouble, though I still haven't got the programming the way I'd like it...

IMG_2914.jpg