Do 240SX Guys hate A70 Supras or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
My buddy mike just bought a 93 240SX and i told him to start posting on local 240sx forums to build his knowledge base up on the car. He posted a topic titled "Bolt on SR20 vs Bolt on 7MGTE" now when i saw it i already knew theres was going to be some flamage going on seeing as this was a 240sx forum, but i didnt think they would pull out the jokes on me im just being a calm and friendly car enthusiast. To clarify if a 7M is prepped right for a MHG what are the chances it would blow again? I mean did my post make sound like a douche or something? Even my buddy is Mike is wondering whats wrong with my car.

http://www.houston240sx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29290

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
dont feel bad, take it from a former 240 owner that posts contstanly on said forums, its kindof a right of passage on the 240 forums you should expect a few flames then someone will post some solid knowledge
dont take it to heart

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
taka21;1027203 said:
dont feel bad, take it from a former 240 owner that posts contstanly on said forums, its kindof a right of passage on the 240 forums you should expect a few flames then someone will post some solid knowledge
dont take it to heart

I figured i get a few flames but i also expected we'd all have knowledge about the ups and downs of each motor. Even i know a little about SR20's yet i dont even have one.

Most guys are running KA-T and SR20's in their 240sx at this point.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
to supraofdoom

the sr20 is like the 1jz for a70s. Turbo charged, lower displacement, high revving, and hella more powerful

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I've only had a ride in one 240 w/ a SR20 w/ a pretty decent sized turbo. It felt like a MKIII w/ bolt on's seriously. It may not be typical but from my personal exp it's not even worth your time debating it with them.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
i don't think you sounded like a douche, but this guy sure did:

"what you don't understand is that we know you aren't dissing anything...

BUT we ARE making fun of your MKIII."

don't take it too seriously, its kind of expected on a non-supra forum, right? the only way to settle it would be to race your friend!!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
JDMMA70;1027206 said:
I figured i get a few flames but i also expected we'd all have knowledge about the ups and downs of each motor. Even i know a little about SR20's yet i dont even have one.

Most guys are running KA-T and SR20's in their 240sx at this point.

I also have a 240sx, they're nice cars but i still love my supra.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Sure they have bolt on SR20s but we have bolt on 2JZGTEs:dunno:
Until there is daily driven 1500HP SR20s I think 2JZGTE will always be more superior along with any supra for that matter.

To be honest I think they are trying to put supras down because they are afraid about being owned by another JZ powered supra.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
im also a former 240 owner..

if you dont have an SR20 (which cranks out a pavement shattering 204 hp......), completely stripped interior and a $4000 suspension, they think your shit is crap...

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1027230 said:
Sure they have bolt on SR20s but we have bolt on 2JZGTEs:dunno:
Until there is daily driven 1500HP SR20s I think 2JZGTE will always be more superior along with any supra for that matter.

To be honest I think they are trying to put supras down because they are afraid about being owned by another JZ powered supra.
they sell bolt up kits for the 2j and 1j for 240s and it honestly fit better in the 240 i dont know why it gust does the only problem is connecting the drive shaft to their rear end witch i think the it might come with the kit ive seen it done so many times and my friend is putting a 2j in his 97 240 now as well.
form most 240 owners i hear that the love are interiors and the body styling they just hate that almost every mkiii looks a like and are head lights, but what do they except really theres not much to chose from on are cars you can probably list every exterior aftermarket style part on half a page

Last edited:

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I get the impression from most car people that they hate Supras. Then i tell ths non car people that my car is an 89 and then chuckle and ask why i don't get a new car. Ignorance is fuck.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My buddy has an sr20det swapped Nissan Sentra. Nasty little car. With 300rwhp in my Supra, I blew his doors off. I can't remember what boost level he was running.

I just kept pulling, and pulling. This was at 15psi on a stock CT26. But every car is going to be different. My friend is also an excellent driver, so rule that out.

He's got a Garret turbo on there now, so we'll see how he does when we both get our cars back on the road. :)

But whatever man, it's no big deal. As far as I'm concerned, if they're faster, good for them, if not, that's great for us. Who cares? Do it for fun! If you lose, build it better!

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
"stock sr with boost controller>stock 7Mgte mkiii."

lolz at that guy.

"my <i>modded</i> car can beat ur stock car!!" ...cool dbag

personally i dont like a lot of 240 owners, there are a lot of them at my school, there not very cool and they are all obsessed with sr20s, doooriftooo!! omgz jdm! and shit like that

Last edited:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
ok, let me say this. an otherwise stock 7mgte w/ proper exhaust and intake filter should do over 300whp and tq at 12 psi....... that's really cheap hp, especially for having done next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.