Do 240SX Guys hate A70 Supras or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
charlesshen;1027264 said:
they sell bolt up kits for the 2j and 1j for 240s and it honestly fit better in the 240 i dont know why it gust does the only problem is connecting the drive shaft to their rear end witch i think the it might come with the kit ive seen it done so many times and my friend is putting a 2j in his 97 240 now as well.
form most 240 owners i hear that the love are interiors and the body styling they just hate that almost every mkiii looks a like and are head lights, but what do they except really theres not much to chose from on are cars you can probably list every exterior aftermarket style part on half a page

wat?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i talked with all of the local 240 kids... and i read about sr vs ka motors.... and after reading for a few hours, i wonder why kids even bother spending money on an SR... KA-T! even a guy whot swapped an sr said he would never do it again!

and after reading that bullshift of a thread... there your typical 240 people. "its all about power to weight"... yeah, except my inline 6 will produce more torque then you'll ever see.
and the fact that they work at the biggest texas parts place or whatever doesnt mean much... they probably stock suspensions, crazy rims, lots of lug nuts, and a bunch of random colored air filters. screw them. haha

chops = epic fail

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Let's see... I think I've punk'd every 240 that has ever tried to race me, and I've ripped them new assholes through the local canyon. Sure, I had a singled 2JZ, but my car is otherwise stock. I was still on the stock suspension! My big fat ass MKIII has some extra weight, sure, but it helps the car stay more solid over bumps, and I have wider tires stock than a lot of those guys can fit without suspension modifications. :)

I know a lot of 240 guys, and most of them fall under the same catagory as most people in general... They don't like MKIII's because they're not MKIV's. After seeing my car in action, though, they have changed their minds. :)

Collin

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
OK... let's pull out some facts...

Project Car Tuner did a '95 240SX build.

SR20 swap (stock): 173.3HP 167lb-ft
Stage 1: 200.2WHP 197lb-ft
Stage 2: 246.8WHP 237.5lb-ft

Full BPU at 1 bar, but they need larger injectors and fuel management to go higher.

Sorry.....but.....HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA What's torque? Dollar for dollar a 7M will spank it.

As said, I have yet to lose to a 240 anywhere. Mods are in my sig and I'm at 8PSI... soon to be adding a nice 3" exhaust (need a day off to do it)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
our car makes that kind of power STOCK! hahaha

its already been said though, its a pure band wagon car. just like the honda civic's back in like 99 and 2000... thats ALL i saw was freakin hondas....

240's are just weak... all they have on us is the weight... and we make up for that MORE than enough... i think they forget we have a "T-U-R-B-O" thats actually not a freakin pea shooter...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd rock one with a nice silvia conversion. Oh, and they won't outhandle us, the only reason they might is the lower weight and the first mod is usually huge wheels and tires...

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
240 owners hate A70's because if they had a head on collision @ 10mph. The 240 would split in half and the A70 would be like, "hmm, did an ant just hit me?" lol

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
I have been in my fair share of good swapped S13 240's and they run strong! "BUT" there are about 90% of them that run like shiet and those are the ones that people encounter. Most shops that Do swaps on those cars don’t know the in's and out's of the engine and half the time we end up fixing all the screwed up things other shops do.

Also a properly tuned SR will make plenty of torque and can out run many 7M powered cars. Ernie's Rotora car, made just under 500 RWHP for one season of racing with stock internals, bouncing off the rev limiter. It had cams, MHG, Studs and turbo upgrade, 550cc injectors and one hell of a tuner.

A stock KA-T will never last boosted. Yes it will run, but will not last. Built KA-T can be made to last, but the plethora of aftermarket parts made for the SR is second to none. Why try to use a "truck engine" (It really is) the SR bore and stroke is just like the 2jz.

I’m not picking sides, but now that I'm both sides of the fence, things are clear now. I once didn't like the SR or the KA, but after dealing with them on a first hand basis with Ernie Fixmer, I have much more respect for the SR.

The 7M can make good power, but will never last under formula D or D1 conditions. Under time Attack the SR can clock lap times to match higher displacement engines and cars with more money. Again the 7M can do it also but it's harder on it.

At some point it becomes a matter of how much money you have and the power you want to make, some engines are more efficient then others and the physical limitations of the internals (bore vs. Stroke) play a key role in any engine.

So in short, just because is not a 3 liter doesn't mean is not good enough. My 1UZ power SC will get smoked by most SR's out there and its a 4 liter! It can do nice burouts and that's about it! :biglaugh:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
To the guy on the link to other forum who state's that he's built many 7Ms with ARP's and MHG's and STILL had them blow.... He needs to step the fuck away from a wrench and hang his mechanic hat on a wall, because he doesn' know shit about a HG repair if a MHG installation with ARP's are still blowing on him :nono:

Must have just pulled the head only when doing the repair :evil2:

Dumb shit. ;)

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I too am a former 240sx owner. I had a rb20det. The sr20swap is the most common and I do not think it is worth it as when your hit the 500 to 600 hp range and 12,000$ later it is not streetable or dd worthy. I also had a built KA. The KA-T contrary to popular belief will last. There are many running this with good numbers daily driven and 9, 10, and 11 second quarter mile times. I have switch to my 90 supra mainly for having a different car to play with. I do miss my 240 from time to time, but the supra will soon put it in the back as I am working on a 7mgte build or possibly a 2jz if money approves.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
No matter what kind of cars people own they are going to be particular to THAT make. Fortuantly for me, i am a car guy, and i like pretty much any car that has work done to it. I think this is the case for most people on this forum.

As for the 240 guys, those ones sound like a bunch of tools. Why bother with them in the first place? Around here (vancouver bc) there isnt much of a supra club or anything like that. We get together once a month on a sunday afternoon. But what is one to do on a friday or saturday night? Well i just found another group to hang out with. These happened to be the guys from vancouver240. I dont think ive once been ragged on for owning, driving or modding a mkiii. Id say %90 of that car club has given me complements on my car. Tell them fuck their sr20, and put an RB in. Time get out of the little boy 4cyl class and to step up to a TT 6cyl.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Thats not the right way to look at it ...... Then you will hear people saying ditch the 7m for a 1jz and then ditch that for the GOD of all motors hmmmm 2jz.

You got to be kidding what did you think the response was going to be on a 240 site? From what I have seen the best bang for the buck is the 7m. I have not lost to a 240, srt4, or an eclipse since I have owned my turbo, but I am sure there are some out there that will eat me alive. There is always someone faster out there. However the sr20's, 3sgte and 4g63 are the best 4 cylinders platforms produced ever. My friends s13 is quick but I would not call it fast however his shop car with a rb is a freaking 600hp monster. However its has too much money in it to count.

Its really simple to me just respect down to earth owners and respectable cars ....... Its that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.