• building mine

Votes: 52 21.8%
  • i think it is ichying to break on me it's bean far to long

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
put mine on the not running list.... my 2j swap is taking longer than expected. it will start but since the turbo is not on it, it will be really loud and spray oil all over the place... t67 is due in a couple of days

Attachments

• 100_0332.jpg
    100_0332.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 9

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Mine is running fine for now, (knocks on wood) we will see just how well have TX2K9, after it has been raced and raped!!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Mine is running again. About two weeks now.

I either need to sell it, or buy a working wide band. The MaftPro is not easy to tune without one....

That is 3 years collecting dust.. And it seems to be just fine now that's running again. (Actually, sounds better than I remember.. The MasterPower T70 spools up pretty well to 11psi.. the wastegate spring pressure..)

The exhaust is very quiet too. I must have had a waste gate leak before. This gate is closed up tight off boost, and everything going through the exducer seems to make idle quieter than before with the bolt on T4.

Then again, the open dump pipe works great. I put a slash tip on it, and angled it to send the sound at the ground at an angle, and it is not very loud compared to many I've heard before.

At only 11psi, and completely un-tuned and running pig rich under boost, it's zero traction time above about 4500rpm. Still has the great stroker tourqe under that point, so it's pretty responsive, and will improve I'm sure as the MaftPro is adjusted and tuned right for this motor.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got an electrical issue along with the issue that when cold it surges for the first 30 seconds and if it hasn't been warmed up in 2 or 3 days it runs like a Subaru boxer motor for a minute or so. My clutch is driveable but isn't drag raceable. But that is getting remedied next weekend with my new SPEC stage 3 clutch kit. I'll be replacing whatever tranny fluid I have right now when I replace the clutch with the 3 quarts of Redline MT90. Then I need to send both the ECU I am using along with the broken ECU I have to Driftmotion for repairs (next month, finally). Atleast I have a 2 car garage I can take over whenever I feel like it at my new place.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
I've got mine put up for the winter, and I'm fixing a few things that need attention while it's put up; so I voted for "building mine". That said, I could go out there now, start it and drive it away.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
JUST got my 89 turbo running again the day before yesterday. It had been down since early december..

I didn't have time to fix it, as I had to fix the blue 86.5's leaking steering rack...

Right now they're both up and running fine, but we'll see how long that lasts..

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
Mine runs fine... but, the brake booster leaks (rebuilt one on the way), the cruise control doesn't work, the front left wheel bearing squeaks when cold, the diff whines a bit and hums at high speeds... The AC hasn't run for years so it's my winter car. :)

In other words, it runs fine, but needs some attention, so I went with "fine."

Asterix

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. Lol. My car runs great...It has for the last 7 years. Take care of it, do regular maintenance, don't be a cheap ass and your car will take care of you. I average 7k miles/year with the poopra.