• building mine

Votes: 52 21.8%
  • i think it is ichying to break on me it's bean far to long

Votes: 18 7.5%

• Total voters

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
daily-driving every day... It's not too pleasent to go sideways every turn (1" of snow) but I have no other options now... Stupid politicians made even crap cars cost too much... So I'd better save some money (3-4 grands) to build my Supra than get unreliable russian pos.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I have been daily driving mine since I first purchased it in June of 2007, that was about 25K+ miles ago. Since before I had it, there was always a slight knock in the engine, just recently the knock has developed it self a little worse. May be looking into a full rebuild soon, I say YEA, but my wallet says NO! :)

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I just pulled my engine last night due to BHG. Was planning on some upgrades this month that required pulling both manifolds so it is all working out. I am hoping to have it back together mid-late Feb.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Mine runs fine to...:biglaugh:
After the 2jz swap 18 months ago I've never had to deal with anything!
It starts,runs,races on any weather condition without an issue.
I am full BPU++ mode,and I drive it 2-3 times a week :love:
I haven't even done my first 2jz oil change! :sarcasm:

To tell you folks the true....because everything works OK on the car,I am
thinking seriously not to go single (standalone ecu,turbo kit,fuel kit etc,),
cause if I do....then the problems will start hunting me around.
Maybe I'll buy another supra for a "single" project :biglaugh:

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
mine runs, but its parked for winter. Going to rebuild the turbo before she comes back on the road for summer. Maybe ill get around to installing the newe intake manifold that ive got.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
In the process of building mine. My guess is that it will not be done till mid summer. After that, it should be a TON of fun.

What I have planned:
Finish single setup
Install dual DSM blow off valves
Install injectors
Install Walbro 255
Install USDM 2jz-gte FPR
Install twin m7 meth setup
Finish wiring in Aristo ECU
Swap from 5speed to auto (backwards, isn't it)
Get the TC restalled
Create and install computer that will allow me to shift via buttons on steering wheel
Paint/dye interior black

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Mine currently runs, even tho im not currently driving it. I have to change the front tires out as the wires are coming through the tires now.Its been cold out and my allergies are kicking my ass in the middle of winter,which is rare for me, so the car can wait,even tho i wanna i wanna hit boost bad

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Mine has been out for about 4 months.... in 1 more it will be running again with a fresh engine and a few mods.... Added a bunch of goodies 2... :D

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Mines been running since last july (bought it with siezed crank). Since then its produced bad valve seals, a turbo that boosts to 4 psi (yeh lol), countless diagnostic codes and an exhaust that is snapped at the resonater under drivers seat (i thought 4x4 mode could handle a speed bump... guess not). But i still love her! Full rebuild comming soon.:boink: