Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mine are 9 front and 10 rear... photos at
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...stion-Thread&p=1836728&viewfull=1#post1836728

18" Work Rims
Frt rims - 18x8 +35, 225/40zr18 (directional)
Rear rims - 18x9 +35, 255/35r18 (not directional)

(photos are before I lowered car, running HSD coilovers right now and only about 1" drop)

I find my rears are just a tiny bit out farther than I would like, but with the coilovers I dont hit, so its all good.

Wilcox

Jan 23, 2013
Great Falls Montana
ok so ive been looking through this thread and have noticed that not very many people are running high offset. i want to run work meister s1r's and looking at their fitment chart the majority of the options have too much offset. does anyone have a set up for the meister's that works?

thanks, wilcox

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1916209 said:
ok so ive been looking through this thread and have noticed that not very many people are running high offset. i want to run work meister s1r's and looking at their fitment chart the majority of the options have too much offset. does anyone have a set up for the meister's that works?
thanks, wilcox

Not very many MK3 owners are running LOW offset.

What offsets are you looking for?

Wilcox

Jan 23, 2013
Great Falls Montana
well if you look at this link or just go to the work wheels website the options for the meister s1r are pretty extreme its a really deap dish wheel and i think the lowest offset they have is like a +55

View attachment Meister S1R Spec.pdf

i just want to run these wheels and have at least stock tire width all the way around if not like alittle wider in the rear.

Wilcox

Jan 23, 2013
Great Falls Montana
Wilcox;1916444 said:
well if you look at this link or just go to the work wheels website the options for the meister s1r are pretty extreme its a really deap dish wheel and i think the lowest offset they have is like a +55

View attachment 65025

i just want to run these wheels and have at least stock tire width all the way around if not like alittle wider in the rear.

so did anybody get a chance to help me figure this out? im not sure witch dimensions to run

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1916444 said:

View attachment 65025

Conservatively, you could run:

8.5 front with offset in the mid 30. Run 235/245 tires

9.5 rears with offset in the low 30. Run 265/275 tires.

87J-Spec;1916855 said:
Hi, I am looking at buying some rims that are 16x8.5 +5 and 16x9.5 +7. Will these fit? I have Megan trac coilovers.

You could make those sizes fit if you totally roll your fenders flat.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1917056 said:
If you look at the meister specs the lowest offset they have is around 50

You're not reading that chart properly. I see offset as low as negative 58 (19x11.5)

BTW, which widths and disk types are you looking at?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1917070 said:
ya thats what i was asking about. i know how to read the specs but i dont know what the colored columns and sections are for.

The left column refers to standard disk: gives you moderate size lip and might/might not fit big brake calipers

The middle column refers to deep disk: gives you the most lip, but allows the least amount of clearance for brake calipers. Not likely to fit front big brake calipers. Might/might not fit rear big brake calipers.

The right column refers to big caliper disks: gives you the least amount of lip, but allows the most clearance for big brake calipers.

How are you coming to the conclusion that the lowest offset offered is around +50?

Wilcox

Jan 23, 2013
Great Falls Montana
well i have stock calipers so thats not a problem. my brakes are completely stock, i plan on running aftermarket pads but that doesnt matter what wheels i run. i want as much lip in the rear as possible and at least stock tire width all the way around. preferably wider tires in the back. so i should at the middle and left columns? and how to i know what specs will line up flush

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1917076 said:
well i have stock calipers so thats not a problem. my brakes are completely stock, i plan on running aftermarket pads but that doesnt matter what wheels i run. i want as much lip in the rear as possible and at least stock tire width all the way around. preferably wider tires in the back. so i should at the middle and left columns? and how to i know what specs will line up flush

Do you have plans on upgrading to big brake calipers? Are you going to roll your fenders?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1917083 said:
i would roll my fenders if it came too it....... but only in the back. and i probably wont need aftermarket calipers just pads. i want it to be a cruising/drift car.

Since you don't seem to want to go very aggressive on wheels:

Front: standard disk (A-disk), 8.5 with offset in the high 30s
Rear: deep rim (0-disk), 9.5 with offset in the low 20s. This will get you moderate lip

If you want somewhat big rear lips, you'll have to go least 10.5 with offsets in the mid 20s.

Why don't you check this thread out?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...oll-Lowered-MKIIIs-Aftermarket-Wheel-Showroom

Wilcox

Jan 23, 2013
Great Falls Montana
ya i take that back i will definately consider rolling my fenders. but when i read that chart if a number is +55 does that mean 55mm of positive offset? and i want 17's or 18's

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Wilcox;1917099 said:
ya i take that back i will definately consider rolling my fenders. but when i read that chart if a number is +55 does that mean 55mm of positive offset? and i want 17's or 18's

Yes, +55 is positive offset. With MK3 "normal" wheel sizing, +55 will give you no lip and the wheels will be sunk in.

If you want 17s or 18s...then why where you looking at a chart for 19" wheels?