What did you do to your supra today? Pics

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Is the one with the stripe the new one? If so there must be something about black stripes and cheap Supra's. Picked this red one up dirt cheap recently.

u2a6aby9.jpg

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
IanC;1896547 said:
Is the one with the stripe the new one? If so there must be something about black stripes and cheap Supra's. Picked this red one up dirt cheap recently.

u2a6aby9.jpg

Lol yup. It runs and drives. Need to go through the brakes and see what I can figure out.
It also has masking tape all over the trim and everything from when the PO rattle canned it. The paint is not very good. I haven't decided if I want to part it out, or sell as a whole, or fix and sell as a whole for double what I paid ;)

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Mine wasn't running but came with a list of mods worth much more than I paid for it. Swapped them over to my grey one. I'm parting out the engine/trans in the red one and will be doing an LS swap into it.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
BoostMonger;1896569 said:
Bye bye clutch

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't bad at all, she didn't slip it at all. Still not good though, as I believe the car has a stock clutch. It gets a new clutch when I do the 1jz swap so I'm not too worried.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Albert;1896613 said:
Took some photos

p1896665_1.jpg

p1896665_2.jpg

p1896665_3.jpg

Also small burnout:
http://youtu.be/qeHURp88vOk

Yumm

DOUBL3 D;1896617 said:
Wasn't bad at all, she didn't slip it at all. Still not good though, as I believe the car has a stock clutch. It gets a new clutch when I do the 1jz swap so I'm not too worried.

Ya that's good then, what clutch are you going to get?

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Had my friend over yesterday and he convinced me to set it on the ground since its been on stands for the past 1.5+mths since I put coils on. So we rolled it out for a few quick snaps and so I could sweep out her bed. this is stance coils all the way down with out messing with preload, no engine or trans so Im probably gunna raise the front a little once those are in but it almost seem like they were designed this way considering how level it sits.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
bkma71;1896705 said:
Had my friend over yesterday and he convinced me to set it on the ground since its been on stands for the past 1.5+mths since I put coils on. So we rolled it out for a few quick snaps and so I could sweep out her bed. this is stance coils all the way down with out messing with preload, no engine or trans so Im probably gunna raise the front a little once those are in but it almost seem like they were designed this way considering how level it sits.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

That's as low as the stances go? How high do they go? If I ever buy coilovers I need them to go as high as I need since I'm in hill billy ville

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Dan_Gyoba;1896316 said:
Given a 3.727 differential, and assuming that 4th is 1:1, if you revved to 7,200 RPM, 225/50R16 tires would be at 142mph. A 3.909:1 differential would bring that down to 136mph.
http://akb.norbie.net/Public/Gearing.aspx

Your best friend when tinkering with gear ratios, rev limits, tire size changes, etc... All I can say is that my car tops out at 150 at the top of fourth with the setup I described above. Have only done that once, and don't have the power (or space) to top 5th out, so... there ya go.

BoostMonger;1896728 said:
That's as low as the stances go? How high do they go? If I ever buy coilovers I need them to go as high as I need since I'm in hill billy ville
I have the Stances, you'll be fine man. I'm not quite at the highest they'll go safely, and I'm not *too* much shorter than stock suspension. I think you could probably get it pretty close to stock if you really wanted to.

Quite comfy for a coilover setup too.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1896792 said:
I have the Stances, you'll be fine man. I'm not quite at the highest they'll go safely, and I'm not *too* much shorter than stock suspension. I think you could probably get it pretty close to stock if you really wanted to.

Quite comfy for a coilover setup too.

Oh that's good, thanks man, I'm just wondering cuz Id like to get coilovers I can fully adjust my ride, but I can live with the illuminas til I find a cleaner body.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
BoostMonger;1896665 said:
Yumm

Ya that's good then, what clutch are you going to get?

Not sure yet, I need to talk to Aaron again at DM. I'm only going to be running the Ct-26 off my 7mgte setup when I do itso I don't need to be able to handle too much more. I was thinking absolute max I'd ever need to handle is 350-400whp, though we all know how that goes. So something that is fairly streetable, deff won't be a puck clutch

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Noticed I had a headlight out on top going back to Verizon for the third phone this month...I wasn't in a good mood. Drove to AutoZone, changed it in the parking lot.

qe6udy2e.jpg

Half way through an old lady came up to me and asked what year it was, she told me she had An 89 with 100k that was the white package she got brand new in 89 she needed to sell. I said I probably don't need it but I know some ppl (this forum) who may be interested, so I got her number tand she said to come take pics and she will give me some money if I sell it. Needless to say, ill post pictures of what she has soon. Hopefully its a diamond in the rough!

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
DOUBL3 D;1897426 said:
Noticed I had a headlight out on top going back to Verizon for the third phone this month...I wasn't in a good mood. Drove to AutoZone, changed it in the parking lot.

qe6udy2e.jpg

Half way through an old lady came up to me and asked what year it was, she told me she had An 89 with 100k that was the white package she got brand new in 89 she needed to sell. I said I probably don't need it but I know some ppl (this forum) who may be interested, so I got her number tand she said to come take pics and she will give me some money if I sell it. Needless to say, ill post pictures of what she has soon. Hopefully its a diamond in the rough!

Damn... Wish I had an old person tell me they wanna sell a mint 89.. wasn't it tattoos who scored a sweet one with a half swapped 1j?