What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Finally removed most the rear interior to install my new trunk struts... something's not quite right. (new strut is in the plastic on the left)

p1895563_1.jpg

:(

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
AHAHAHAHAHAH I am sorry but I just busted out laughing when I saw that and imagined your face. I bet you just stood there holding it in that position for a sec or two in huge disappointment.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Doat;1895567 said:
AHAHAHAHAHAH I am sorry but I just busted out laughing when I saw that and imagined your face. I bet you just stood there holding it in that position for a sec or two in huge disappointment.

Yeah. I took out the whole fucking rear interior and then realized it was the wrong part. I held it up for a second, flipped it around (as if that would make any difference), moved it further up the trunk thinking, 'ok, maybe there's another mounting point I didn't know about...' but no, it's just flat out the wrong part.

I couldn't help but laugh. The Supra is more or less put away for the winter so it's no biggie, but I definitely wont be as productive as I thought I'd be tonight...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Man when I ordered my Monroe hood struts I was so worried that they would not be the right size or something even though amazon's car check thing said they are exact fit but luckily amazon is great so my new hood struts work fantastically. Now I need to replace my trunk struts lol. I know driftmotion has them but they are like $22 each I think I got my hood struts for $16 total.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Doat;1895576 said:
Man when I ordered my Monroe hood struts I was so worried that they would not be the right size or something even though amazon's car check thing said they are exact fit but luckily amazon is great so my new hood struts work fantastically. Now I need to replace my trunk struts lol. I know driftmotion has them but they are like $22 each I think I got my hood struts for $16 total.

Rockauto.com $20.89

cheaper then DM, better shipping prices, and you'll get it faster.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
well i put on my act clutch and fidanza flywheel on the block today. got the transmission just barely on.lol next is the clutch fork. im kinda nervous about this one. if someone has a pointer on how to put it on, it would help.. ;) haha

and man what a pina it was to put the snap wring on with out snap ring pliers for the hub and pressure plate.lol but its on finally after fighting it for 2hrs.lol

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
dmp316;1895747 said:
Yes. I read you have you have go with Tokico Illumina II's

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Yea I know those are TEMS compatible and driftmotion has only rear sets the fronts are not TEMS compatible. So in order to lower it do you just have to get those shocks or do you need those shocks with lowering springs?

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Doat;1895748 said:
Yea I know those are TEMS compatible and driftmotion has only rear sets the fronts are not TEMS compatible. So in order to lower it do you just have to get those shocks or do you need those shocks with lowering springs?

The Illumina II's are available front and rear. If DM doesn't have the fronts just look around some.
To lower it you will just need the springs. I recommend replacing the struts while you're at it though.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
IanC;1895757 said:
The Illumina II's are available front and rear. If DM doesn't have the fronts just look around some.
To lower it you will just need the springs. I recommend replacing the struts while you're at it though.

I have illumina iis with eibach springs, glad I went this way

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
BoostMonger;1895762 said:
I have illumina iis with eibach springs, glad I went this way

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I'm running the Eibach springs and they aren't bad. I'm eager to try B&G springs though. Used them on other cars in the past and always loved them.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I walked by it today and thought about cranking it...........but I was too lazy to walk in the house and get the keys.

I do plan on putting an autotragic in it sometime this winter though.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
suprahero;1895829 said:
I walked by it today and thought about cranking it...........but I was too lazy to walk in the house and get the keys.

I do plan on putting an autotragic in it sometime this winter though.

You sir have to include a photo to post in this thread.....

I mean come on it's in the title :icon_bigg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Turbo Habanero;1895879 said:
You sir have to include a photo to post in this thread.....

I mean come on it's in the title :icon_bigg
I concur, not firing up an MK3 is punishable by DEATH! or post a picture of the car in question in this thread.