What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
*bumper support

It was incredibly easy.. Best way to remove it is to remove the two mains holding the bumper support and there's two bolts at the top under the grill. After you remove those, the entire front end comes off like nothing. Then you can easily get to the nuts/bolts that hold the actual bumper cover on if need be.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well I poured in about 2.5 quarts of oil and now my oil level is above the measurement area of the dipstick and there is a little smoke coming from the exhaust. Air pocket in oil?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
air pocket in oil? what?
i run 6 quarts so i think something else could be your problem but you can always try draining some out from the pan to see if that helps

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have to drain some out for sure because it is way above the F line and there was very very light bluish clear smoke coming from the exhaust. Well something acted up because there was obviously a full amount of oil in the motor and once I added 2ish quarts it went over the full line. My brother had a similar issue in his 2001 Prelude and his dipstick showed it had no oil so he added 5 quarts and he ended up with double his capacity lol.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Full size spare and 89+ rear carpet in

p1894179_1.jpg

p1894179_2.jpg

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
zby67;1894089 said:
OneJArpus i need to get around to swaping out my subframe bushing. how hard was it to get thoughts bolts lose?

two bolts broke, the small bolts that hole that retainer plate or what ever. I cut them off, the other ones came off with out an issue. All suspension bolts were replaced last year so it'll be no problem taking them off, i'll be doing this in a few hours for the whole day. Should be done pretty quickly, then i'm fitting my fuel lines in place which shouldn't take too long.....

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Installed a window switch I bought from a member on here, not from the same year and doesn't look like my old one but at least I don't have to use a toothpick to roll down my window lol

EDIT: I also fixed my oil level and I managed to find my boost leak, turned out a clamp on the charge pipe that connects to the intercooler was loose, so I tightened it up then took the car for a drive and the whistle died down significantly it sounds pretty much back to normal and my blow off valve FLUTTERS AGAIN!!! WOOOO I missed that flutter sound of pure sex.

Last edited:

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
Doat;1894243 said:
Installed a window switch I bought from a member on here, not from the same year and doesn't look like my old one but at least I don't have to use a toothpick to roll down my window lol

EDIT: I also fixed my oil level and I managed to find my boost leak, turned out a clamp on the charge pipe that connects to the intercooler was loose, so I tightened it up then took the car for a drive and the whistle died down significantly it sounds pretty much back to normal and my blow off valve FLUTTERS AGAIN!!! WOOOO I missed that flutter sound of pure sex.

a toothpick that sucks. im trying to get my passenger door to lock and waiting on toyota for parts.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Backlash2032;1894115 said:
I just attempted maxing it. Had to let off at 135.. It easily has more in it..
Even stock, they were quite capable enough to run that needle most (if not all) of the way around to the end of the speedo. I had mine topped in 4th at 150 with the windows down in no time at all. With the setup I'm putting together, I'm sure I could probably run 5th out too.

...not that I'd ever try that unless I were on the salt flats down there in Bonneville though...

Dylan JZ;1894144 said:
*bumper support

It was incredibly easy.. Best way to remove it is to remove the two mains holding the bumper support and there's two bolts at the top under the grill. After you remove those, the entire front end comes off like nothing. Then you can easily get to the nuts/bolts that hold the actual bumper cover on if need be.
Wait, you're saying to remove the bumper itself (via the mounting point to the frame), and the cover comes with it? Man... if that's the case, I wish I had thought of that last time I pulled the bumper off. :p

Doat;1894146 said:
Well I poured in about 2.5 quarts of oil and now my oil level is above the measurement area of the dipstick and there is a little smoke coming from the exhaust. Air pocket in oil?
I tend to run 6.5-7 qts of oil in mine, basically a quart or so over full, hasn't failed me yet.

ryansmith;1894179 said:
Full size spare and 89+ rear carpet in

p1894300_1.jpg

p1894300_2.jpg
Ewww... Nissan parts. :p

Nice carpet though, from what I understand, that was only available in the JZA70. Picked up one myself a few years back. Really opens up the rear for cargo, although you lose the stock board/carpet padding sound deadening.

Doat;1894182 said:
Very nice, I have wondered if my 91 MK3 comes with a full size spare.
They all do sir. One can even fit a bald 275/40/17 in there if need be, although it's snug. Used to do that to put more weight on the rears during winter.

SupraJDS;1894273 said:
Took a picture
Nice looking car man! Is your roof a darker burgundy? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

jzamerican

Jan 25, 2012
buffablow ny
Doat;1894158 said:
I have to drain some out for sure because it is way above the F line and there was very very light bluish clear smoke coming from the exhaust. Well something acted up because there was obviously a full amount of oil in the motor and once I added 2ish quarts it went over the full line. My brother had a similar issue in his 2001 Prelude and his dipstick showed it had no oil so he added 5 quarts and he ended up with double his capacity lol.
just because the dipstick doesn't show oil doesn't mean its empty. The dipstick only shows the last quart. And that blue ish smoke is Probly from bad rings. Not running too much oil

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The factory full size spare is actually a 205/55R16, which is the same rolling diameter as the 225/50R16 tire. (I used to use the 205/55R16 as winter tires, since the narrower profile works better in the snow.)

My '89 came with a board in the rear lifting the floor about 2.5" off the steel, and laying flat over the spare. If you put a real full size spare (225/50R16) in there, the false floor wouldn't sit all the way down correctly.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
zby67;1894269 said:
a toothpick that sucks. im trying to get my passenger door to lock and waiting on toyota for parts.
lol I guess my toothpick is not nearly as bad as your passenger door not locking eh
jzamerican;1894310 said:
just because the dipstick doesn't show oil doesn't mean its empty. The dipstick only shows the last quart. And that blue ish smoke is Probly from bad rings. Not running too much oil
Well ever since I drained some oil and refilled it back to the full line that very light bluish smoke has gone away, so it seems to be safe to say that it was from having too much oil.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Just got home from Phoenix with my head. Hung out with Albert and Steven for a bit got some cool video's

All worth a watch. :)

[Video=youtube;qsSUN6bT24Q]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qsSUN6bT24Q[/video]

[Video=youtube;3h2xDbYtWec]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3h2xDbYtWec[/video]

[Video=youtube;kEe9EYbQICI]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEe9EYbQICI[/video]

[Video=youtube;vw7_gfap7Po]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7_gfap7Po[/video]

[Video=youtube;hlB1VB2vQOc]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlB1VB2vQOc[/video]