What did you do to your supra today? Pics

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
OneJArpus;1897432 said:
went to a meet sunday, drove her she was running pretty decent. someone got a pic of her at the meet the car looks stoned someone commented lol

te8ybu5a.jpg

I can totally see it!!!

BoostMonger;1897434 said:
Damn... Wish I had an old person tell me they wanna sell a mint 89.. wasn't it tattoos who scored a sweet one with a half swapped 1j?

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

There have been a few rumors that the one I'm.looking at could be, ill try and look this weekend but I have finals so I dunno. If its clean and her price is right I just might buy it. I think I heard about that member

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
DOUBL3 D;1897436 said:
I can totally see it!!!

There have been a few rumors that the one I'm.looking at could be, ill try and look this weekend but I have finals so I dunno. If its clean and her price is right I just might buy it. I think I heard about that member

I'm in Utah, so if a car is neglected and left to sit, they're usually not mint lol

When tattoos got the car running he took the lady who used to own it for a ride. I think that's a beautiful story. Haha

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
BoostMonger;1897440 said:
I'm in Utah, so if a car is neglected and left to sit, they're usually not mint lol

When tattoos got the car running he took the lady who used to own it for a ride. I think that's a beautiful story. Haha

That's awesome!!!!! I have no idea of the condition of this one, tho she said its great. We shall see!!!

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I thought strut towers for our cars are useless from what I have read on here. I wonder if it would help the rigidity when I take my targa off.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Doat;1897483 said:
I thought strut towers for our cars are useless from what I have read on here. I wonder if it would help the rigidity when I take my targa off.

Too be honest, try it out for yourself like I did. I read they do nothing blah blah but once I installed mine I had no creaking noises in the back on corners like I did before the strut brace was put in and it does feel a lot stiffer (body flex wise) but then again the people who disagree with the rear struts mention "people say they "feel the difference" despite that I'd recommend getting one. It also supports the rear seat when it's up.

dmp316;1897518 said:
Hey Ryan where did you find a full back interior ?

My car originally had the interior in the rear (plastic panels and a cream two piece carpet) I knew the strut was coming so I kept it all out to save taking it all out again. I was able to get the one piece carpet from a friend which means I can now have a full sized spare wheel in the back there.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
As for me, I don't trust "feeling a difference" because I know too much about placebo effect. I trust objective measures.

Some time I plan on seeing if I can measure what my front strut bar actually does. My plan is to loosen the adjustment so that the bar could expand or contract, and mark the joint with something that smudges. Take the car out for some spirited driving, and then look at the bar. If there are smudges on the mark, either into or out of the adjustment sleeve then I know that the strut towers were changing their distances apart and that the bar prevents that. If there aren't... Then I know that I should remove the extra weight.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Dan_Gyoba;1897626 said:
As for me, I don't trust "feeling a difference" because I know too much about placebo effect. I trust objective measures.

As I say there is no creaking noises in the hatch area now along with it feeling a lot stiffer body wise, as in creaking I'm meaning for example reversing out off a semi-steep driveway and hearing the hatch creak and make noises it no longer does this with the strut and interior panels back in.

Good idea with the front strut however

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Doat;1897483 said:
Correct. They're pretty useful when you need to pull yourself into the hatch, or strap something down to, since our cars don't have the cargo area tie downs like the Mk1/2 did. Front strut tower (kinda a misnomer since we don't have struts) bar serves to rest your hand on when you're leaning into the engine bay working on things. :)

As for me, I drove mine, again. Had to breakup a fight between my wallet and the car the other night too... that was rough. :rofl:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
te72;1897801 said:
Correct. They're pretty useful when you need to pull yourself into the hatch, or strap something down to, since our cars don't have the cargo area tie downs like the Mk1/2 did. Front strut tower (kinda a misnomer since we don't have struts) bar serves to rest your hand on when you're leaning into the engine bay working on things. :)

As for me, I drove mine, again. Had to breakup a fight between my wallet and the car the other night too... that was rough. :rofl:

HAAHAH so they are really just there so you can support yourself and not so much the car

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
Got my winter tires sorted, bought a set of tokico blues, a ps pump, 2 rebuild kits, new shock mounts, all new suspension parts...gonna be a fun saturday :p

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
poured a gallon of Xylene in my tank mixed with 6 gas. gonna drive around and see what kinda effect it has on performance since i can only get shity 91oct fuel where i live.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
emericaskater285;1898064 said:
Finally broke down and ordered this. She came in today. I'm just waiting on my IAT sensor, then its time to get to work for the winter. I am happy.

p1898084_1.jpg

Nice, not a bad way to blow $1200.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2