May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
p1864455_1.jpg

Took a photo of both my supras

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
I was finally was able to install my mishi rad and fans. Aaand they're a lot thicker than I thought. uploadfromtaptalk1344599370177.jpg so intercooler piping won't fit now. Exploring my options and battery relocation and having it route thru the tray is my best yet :banghead:

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Battery in the back has lots of advantages. It stays much cooler, prolonging the life of the battery, cleaner engine bay, more room, better weight distribution....

There's a reason or two why BMW does it on all of their cars. My Miata came from the factory with it in back. OEMs wouldnt do it if there wasnt benefit to it

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1865070 said:
Battery in the back has lots of advantages. It stays much cooler, prolonging the life of the battery, cleaner engine bay, more room, better weight distribution....

There's a reason or two why BMW does it on all of their cars. My Miata came from the factory with it in back. OEMs wouldnt do it if there wasnt benefit to it
Nsx has it in the front for the same reason... gotta spread the weight! :p

Plus, on the Supras, it is way out there in front of the axle... not a good place for 50lbs.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
[video=youtube;omh_4RhMo4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omh_4RhMo4I[/video]

[video=youtube;hUZvw21crBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUZvw21crBw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Orion ZyGarian;1865070 said:

Equal to shifting the engine back 11" in the chassis so very worthwhile from a handling perspective!

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
IJ.;1865209 said:
Equal to shifting the engine back 11" in the chassis so very worthwhile from a handling perspective!

No kidding? That's quite drastic! How did you come up with that, and where specifically would the battery be in the back to get to that conclusion? Some people put it in the spare wheel well, some put it in the far back corner by the right side taillight...I believe that's where the car phone box is for the 5 MkIIIs that had it.
te72;1865118 said:
Nsx has it in the front for the same reason... gotta spread the weight! :p

Plus, on the Supras, it is way out there in front of the axle... not a good place for 50lbs.

Yes, I always thought the placement was peculiar. That, plus being an excellent place to run some intercooler piping through makes it such an obvious candidate for a relocation in back. No matter what you do with your car, it's hard to argue for keeping it in the factory location.

Albert: Sexy car man, just beautiful. I think the whole TE37 craze has long since died out and isnt such a questionable/fad choice now! I'm still debating between them and RPF1s....your car might push me closer to the Volks..

OfnaRcR4, love the rebuild vids!

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Well I actually did this yesterday...uploadfromtaptalk1344735849072.jpg

Ignore the coffee stains... they are the reason this came to be uploadfromtaptalk1344735925953.jpg

Just used some scrap from work and about 15 mind of my lunch break. Can't slide the seat forward any more but its only a prototype. ;)

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Fixed my fuel injector leak, replaced the shifter bushing using a Marlin Crawler bushing, HUGE difference highly recommend them, and drove her to get some gas. Just need to get her timed properly and she is all done.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Today I picked up the wheels I am going to run on the supra, I have been a fan of the Enkei RPF1s for quite a while now they are 17x9 +35 all round.

I bought them off a guy who has two sets. They have July 2011 stamped on them and they have never been used as they did not fit his car. They have however had tyres mounted. I picked these up at a very good price, may think of buying his other set as spares as they may come in handy. Will buy wheel nuts and hub centric rings this coming week.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, need a new memory card for the camera

p1865511_1.jpg

p1865511_2.jpg

Last edited:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
I started my car today :D little smoke coming from under the turbo. Was going away. Here's what the 1jz looks like now

uploadfromtaptalk1344793798362.jpg

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
went for a drive. My mishi electric fans can't keep up. Big surprise right? So is the 2jzge fan more shallow? I have a thicker rad. I have about 4 1/2 inches from the water pump pulley to the rad.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
veedubin;1865446 said:
Well I actually did this yesterday...View attachment 60329

Ignore the coffee stains... they are the reason this came to be View attachment 60330

Just used some scrap from work and about 15 mind of my lunch break. Can't slide the seat forward any more but its only a prototype. ;)

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming you are making a cup holder?

Here is how I added cup holders to my Supra. I absolutely love them, and it is probably the best thing I have done to the car.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?142850-Cup-Holders
Post 25 shows the final product.

I also figured out why my tail lamp failure warning light had been on sporadically for the last few weeks. Whenever I would check the tail lights and brake lights they all worked. Today I took the plastic bulb holders out and pushed on the brake pedal. While I was taking out the bulb holder I noticed one of the lights was flickering between tail lights and brake lights. It turns out that the screw that holds the wire end with the hoop on it was extremely loose and wasn't forming a strong connection. I'm not sure how it happened, but I checked all the other screws and all were tight except for one that needed like an eighth of a turn. I'm glad I checked that before replacing the control box.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Turbo Habanero;1865690 said:
I like it a lot sir

Thank you. I appreciate it. She's getting there. Gotta ditch the mishi fans. Searching for a clutch, blade and shroud combo. And Aaron's off this week. ;(

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
BoostMonger;1865555 said:
I started my car today :D little smoke coming from under the turbo. Was going away. Here's what the 1jz looks like now

View attachment 60333

Drop that batt in the spare tire wheelwell, mount it in a sturdy tray or batt box, run wiring and a fuse to it, and call it an afternoon. Just for kicks, throw a kill/safety switch back there for drag/race/auto-X rules if you wish. IC piping will no longer be restricted that way, it will tidy up your engine bay, and will look sweet all at the same time. And don't forget to wire up an auxillary fusebox in front for all your accessories that are normally wired to the batt directly.

EDIT: Also, your factory fusebox might get in the way of piping and stuff. Consider moving it closer to the fender so that your piping has more room to route.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Drake69;1865791 said:
Drop that batt in the spare tire wheelwell, mount it in a sturdy tray or batt box, run wiring and a fuse to it, and call it an afternoon. Just for kicks, throw a kill/safety switch back there for drag/race/auto-X rules if you wish. IC piping will no longer be restricted that way, it will tidy up your engine bay, and will look sweet all at the same time. And don't forget to wire up an auxillary fusebox in front for all your accessories that are normally wired to the batt directly.

EDIT: Also, your factory fusebox might get in the way of piping and stuff. Consider moving it closer to the fender so that your piping has more room to route.

Ya some day I might. I need to move the hot side ic piping also. It'll be in the way of a clutch fan. ;( wish I had a tig welder

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1865209 said:
I'm also curious where you came up with the math for that... I mean, it is a good amount of weight, and it is a decent foot or so ahead of the axle line, but equivalent to shifting the 400+ lbs motor 11" further back? You'd be a fool not to do it.

However, I plan on relocating mine to where the rear seat should be. Ideally, you want as much weight as possible BETWEEN the axles. I've driven with ~100 lbs worth of 2x4 carpets (Home Depot was giving away their "sample" rugs, they make great low profile creepers haha) in the hatch area. Made the car understeer much more than normal, then catch traction and transition to a bit of oversteer.

Albert;1865272 said:
Fixed my alternator:

Put hood on:
Then did a burnout? Come on man, we all know that is the last step in any Supra repair... where's the footage? :p

veedubin;1865446 said:
Well I actually did this yesterday...

Ignore the coffee stains... they are the reason this came to be

Can't slide the seat forward any more but its only a prototype. ;)
Possible to attach to the bottom of the passenger seat somehow, that way it slides with the seat? Might have to position it in such a way that the trans tunnel doesn't get in the way...

ryansmith;1865511 said:
Today I picked up the wheels I am going to run on the supra, I have been a fan of the Enkei RPF1s for quite a while now they are 17x9 +35 all round.
I wish they made a set that would work for the widebody. They look alright, they're light as a cast wheel can be, and they're cheap to boot. However, they don't go any wider than 10" unfortunately. :(

BoostMonger;1865630 said:
went for a drive. My mishi electric fans can't keep up. Big surprise right? So is the 2jzge fan more shallow? I have a thicker rad. I have about 4 1/2 inches from the water pump pulley to the rad.
Quite a while back, I bought a set of OEM Ford Contour fans, that were custom fit to work for the Mk3. I've got a PWR rad, and when I recently test fit things, I found that it should actually fit better than the crap Mishimoto fan setup, and I know that they flow a TON of air, compared to the Mishi's "adequate at best" flow. :)