What are your favorite things about MKIII Supras?

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
bioskyline;1721852 said:
what i love about the supra is alot.
I also love the inside door handle placment, and the obvious "where the fuck is the door handle" comment.

When I have chicks on my car and the night is over (usually on first dating),and they have to get out of my car..LOL
They can't find the way out xexexe! And then I grab the oportunity to help them...leaning over the passenger's seat...
and coming closer to the female xaxaxa. I love this door handle!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SupraClaou;1724569 said:
When I have chicks on my car and the night is over (usually on first dating),and they have to get out of my car..LOL
They can't find the way out xexexe! And then I grab the oportunity to help them...leaning over the passenger's seat...

No pics it never happened ;)

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
SupraClaou;1724569 said:

jetjock;1724593 said:
You actually lean over to help them? I didn't realize Greeks were such gentlemen...

I didn't even know Supras existed in Greece. I would love to be able to take mine over there next time I visit just for shits.

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
Greek;1724748 said:
I didn't even know Supras existed in Greece. I would love to be able to take mine over there next time I visit just for shits.
They exist all over the world:). Even in my population of 3 000 000 country there are pleanty of them. In my 200 000 people city there are 7 of them, but only two are running, including mine :)

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
the way people slow down to stare when you wax one in your driveway with the targa off and resting in the front lawn...

mind you that is going back 15 years or so.....

and the ensuing drool when you tell people its got the jz...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I love several things bout the car..
- the fact that I always get a comment when I fuel up..
- people feel the necessity of giving me a thumbs-up when driving by..
- I can actually look at my car from my house and be entertained... while it sits there... lol
- the fact that the first week I had my car (before I knew anything about it) I raced a 2008 mustang and beat it. (found out later I was only running on 5 cylinders and all the sparkplugs were swimming in an oil filled sparkplug galley). Even dead, that car kicks ass...
- I love that I only pay 7.00 (roughly) a month for full coverage.. (ty antique/collector insurance company...)

The number one thing I absolutely love about the car is that I own a car I think is an artform and a statement.. and after putting 30'ish thousand dollars down its throat... it will be worth more than the guy's car that cost 30,000.00 car three years ago when he goes to sell his and I go to sell mine (if that ever happens... lol).

How many cars can you grab today for under 10,000.00 that can stand up like our MKIII's and shout and aren't like a belly button...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1724869 said:
How many cars can you grab today for under 10,000.00 that can stand up like our MKIII's and shout and aren't like a belly button...
This is pretty much my answer to the question I always get, "why spend so much on an old car?". All I have to do is ask what 20k gets you these days... blah. But a Mk3 with 20k put into it? Can't even COMPARE a new car to that.

SupraClaou;1724569 said:

Good to see I'm not the only one who appreciates that. ;)

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I tell folks that rib me for spending money on the Supra, it cost almost 25K new. I'd have to spend at least $50K to get the eqivalent car today. I just don't see a make that I'd rather own than Toyota, and they aren't producing the turbo Supra any longer. I own it, so it's worth my money to make improvements on the Supra ovr time. Van

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well said Crisp. To answer your question, and to further this thread, YES, I DRIVE MY SUPRA AND ENJOY IT EVERY DAY. :D

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Van;1725730 said:
I tell folks that rib me for spending money on the Supra, it cost almost 25K new. I'd have to spend at least $50K to get the eqivalent car today. I just don't see a make that I'd rather own than Toyota, and they aren't producing the turbo Supra any longer. I own it, so it's worth my money to make improvements on the Supra ovr time. Van

So true. I wasn't even looking for another Supra at this time. I found the one I just bought sorta accidentally. Just couldn't pass it up. I was looking at getting a 2003 Acura CL-S6. Once I found that Supra, I forgot all about any other cars. It's ridiculous what you get for the money with MKIIIs. I feel like I just bought a $40K+ car but for so much less. Now if I drop another $20K into it, I will have a car that competes with $100,000+ supercars at a fraction of the price. Plus it's a SUPRA!!!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
What are your favorite things about MKIII Supras?

My TOP Three:

1) 7M

Things I have to say about this engine is endless, so to sum it up in one word....Gratifying (and that's an understatement)

2) Obviously, the Appearance. I'm surrounded by TONS of honda people, some nissan and subarus and a rough estimate of MKIII interests and/or familiarity is about 1/10 (no lie). My point is, I would get the occasional "Man, Supras are whack, ugly, lame", "They're slow and heavy" and if not Supras in general; "The new ones are way better (mkiv)." Some actually mean it, but when a clean (even stock) MKIII comes along, not ONE person makes a joke. It's like they actually see what I see, their response; "Damn, this Supra is tight", "Damn, this thing looks mean and serious".

Had a couple buddies over one time to help me push my Supra on an incline into my garage (what a struggle!), after the car was in the garage, a few of them would say "This Supra is tight." LOL. And the car is pretty much stock exterior wise. (Coming from the guys that make Supra jokes)

3) The Respect that automotive enthusiasts have for the MKIII, especially when one is present! Drive a clean one to a meet here in Columbus and you'll see for yourself.

:thumbup:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
At meets, the car garners more attention than most other cars from any era.. I was even more shocked when it received far more attention than the Skylines (GT-S/GT-R) at a particular "tsunami relief meet" I attended (500 cars or more IIRC). There was one point when 3 photographers had cameras set-up in front of the car, and I didn't park fancy or in any way to show the car off. —just attended to help my friends sell shirts to donate money to the Japanese Red Cross.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Greek;1724748 said:

Seriously?

[video=youtube;keHP7k31s5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keHP7k31s5I[/video]

lonewarriorr6344

Aug 15, 2011
San Leandro, CA
Hello Fellas,
Well, for those who are in CA (North and South), don't feel like your on the boat by yourself. I have a 86.5 MKIII, 3.0 N/A that I am currently putting back together. Here in San Leandro (NORCAL) I've only seen about 3 -about 5 which includes mine. I've always wanted a Supra since high school (the MKII version). I got lucky 5 years ago and bought this one off a guy who didn't know what he had or about the car. Glad to be a part of the SUPRA family.

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
The first time that I drove my buddies 87n/a I was hooked.. Its nice to drive something that other people arent driving.. Most of the people that give me respect are oldskool.. Again the drivability of the car with a turbo,,,you can pussyfoot and cruise and then its another animal when the boost comes on.. I enjoy the challenge of maintaing it with my empty wallet.. Most importantly I feel that its the car that all other performance cars want to memic..