What are your favorite things about MKIII Supras?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I love how every Honda, Nissan, Volkswagon on the road automatically want to validate their car against it, and fails.

I also love the look on all of those Camaro/Mustang guys with their girlfriends faces when they can't keep up with the old Toyota.

I love how the SAFC type displays fit directly into the unneeded ash try slot without any mounting or cutting.

And I hate it when the elitist think we're just a ricer not worth their time.

Last edited:

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
That I finally own a RWD 5 speed turbocharged inline 6 car. What a combination.

The experience of driving it. On a tight curvy road, the solid feel after lowering, hearing the turbo spool and getting tossed back in the seat leaving a corner.

The sound of flooring it between buildings with the windows down.

Winning races. :naughty:

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I love how my 1989 Supra has the equivalent amount of options as today's sports cars. Yet mine is exponentially more reliable and rare than theirs will ever be.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Last edited:

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Only owned mine since November 2011 and already deeply enjoying it.

I like to leave my door open when I start it cold to listen to it roar to life.

I like the way the car rocks side to side from the torque when you blip the throttle while sitting still.

I love the seat and all it's power adjust-ability.

I love the looks. It's one of those "timeless" designs.

I love the rarity. Still have yet to see even one other MK3 on the road in my area.

I love the automatic climate control.

I love the cluster/dash/interior layout/design.

I like the targa top, though I have not yet had the opportunity to remove mine yet (it's winter).

I love the smoothness of the engine and the ride.

I like the looks I get from people who know what it is and how rare it is...

I could go on.....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MPR;1801628 said:
I like the targa top, though I have not yet had the opportunity to remove mine yet (it's winter).
Suck it up, it's worth it just for the looks that "normal" people give you.

Dress warm though. ;)

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
te72;1801703 said:

Dress warm though. ;)

Hahaha I totally did that two nights ago when it was clear. Everyone gave me such awkward stares.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
My favorite things about the MK3... Only thing i say is there is nothing that i dislike about this car... Hell when i was a kid back in 93 my dad had an 87 N/A. That's when i fell in love with it, car went down with a blown head gasket, dad changed motors, BHG again. Sat in the garage for about 7 years, repaired the BHG last year then it had a rod knock after half a year of driving it. loved the car so much i bought 2 engines ready for a swap then i saw my baby that i own today. a 91 targa.

I forgot, love it when people keeps offering me more then what i paid for it.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
te72;1801703 said:

Dress warm though. ;)

LOL, well I can't say I haven't been tempted. We've had a few mild days where I could have gotten away with it. I think next nice mild day, I'll pop the top. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprashane;1801934 said:
i love the dact that i use it to go rescue my girlfriends mustang out of the snow ( thank you lsd)
Mine has been the go-to tow-car around here, for some strange reason. Had to rescue a stranded Mk4 before I owned it, my own stranded Camaro at one point, and a friend's FC more times than I remember. :p

MPR;1801984 said:
LOL, well I can't say I haven't been tempted. We've had a few mild days where I could have gotten away with it. I think next nice mild day, I'll pop the top. :)
If not for the wind we get around here, and rarely getting off work before sunset, there have been quite a few days where it was chilly targa weather. Suit up, get a good beanie and gloves, crank the heater, and you're good to mess with people. :D

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
Even though my Supra needs a fair bit of restoration, and some work, she still makes me feel special every time I drive her. Having the only Supra in my area is interesting.

Even though it's N/A, the 7M still has a really nice torque band, and a decent amount of power. I really like the composed feel of the LSD, and enjoy I having the 4.30 rear end. It's a very good option for the 7M-GE, as it helps to compensate for the N/A's perceived lack of power.

I love the sound of a well balanced straight six, and just dropping it down a cog around town or on the highway while putting your foot down will instantly make you smile.

I love the cozy, luxurious, cock pit feel of the interior. The driver's seat might as well be a La-Z Boy - it's just as comfortable while providing excellent support. I love how the Supra has the perfect interior for short, small people (I'm 5'3" and only about 120lb.)

Finally. POP-UP HEADLIGHTS!!!

spooln6cyl

Mar 28, 2011
Auburn CA
The expression on the face, the previous owner gives when you hand him the $ for a running supra that is in damn good condition after all the years! jus grab the keys and drive away haha

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
spooln6cyl;1802366 said:
The expression on the face, the previous owner gives when you hand him the $ for a running supra that is in damn good condition after all the years! jus grab the keys and drive away haha

THAT one is actually VERY RARE these days... but kudos to those who have that experience!:)

-crisp