Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If your going with the Spec 2+ clutch, so far I am loving mine. Good hold, although there is a tiny bit of shudder in first gear (probably because I am using stock flywheel...)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
As a matter of fact...

IMG_20130327_121548_233_zps7928f1c5.jpg
Just showed up today.
Didn't realize that the disc was a 6-puck on the reverse side.

Now I can degrease the tranny, replace input and output seals, and slap it all back together.
I screwed up and ordered a release bearing from DM when I ordered replacement cone washer setup for the hub.
Now I have an extra release bearing.

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
supraguy@aol;1926041 said:
As a matter of fact...

p1926117_1.jpg

Just showed up today.
Didn't realize that the disc was a 6-puck on the reverse side.

Now I can degrease the tranny, replace input and output seals, and slap it all back together.
I screwed up and ordered a release bearing from DM when I ordered replacement cone washer setup for the hub.
Now I have an extra release bearing.

Ooo very nice. Definitely keep us up to date on how it works. I've been seeing and selling lots of Spec clutches lately, and really considering the super twin package.

Theyre supposed to include the bearings though, so that's in there too right?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So anyway, today I was going to put the vsv's under the intake, but I'm still waiting for the right size vac lines,
so instead I decided to play with the transmission a bit. Nothing big, but the shifter retainer plate had some nasty looking washers that needed replacing.
As you can see...

What you'll also notice, is the slight flare at the end of this sleeve.
But if you look at two of them side by side, you'll see that they didn't start that way:

Apparently, if they're tprqued down enough, they bottom out and act like a crush sleeve. Two of them were like this, the others I could disassemble and
take the spacer ring and washer off. The oem washer is a thick rubber unit with a thicker inner lip. Well, you can't buy the washers seperately from the
dealer, and each complete unit is $12+ (i ordered one), so I'm not about to replace all six.
Instead, I used thinner washers and o-rings:

The large rubber gasket under the shift plate looks brand new, so I didn't mess with that $40 item.
:)

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
THEN,
I was still so full of motivation and glee, that I decided to tackle the new box that arrived, rather than stack it in the back of the garage with the rest:

IMG_20130328_171039_379_zps48b97b73.jpg
New condenser core.
I don't really know if my original core was leaking, but somewhere there was a leak, and after taking this one out, it looked suspiciously oily in a few corners. So, I'm glad I did it. First things first, lets clear a path:

IMG_20130328_174417_680_zps8d2a3a91.jpg
Here they are, side by side:

IMG_20130328_174552_765_zps484dd1d9.jpg
It's not quite plug&play; there are a few things that have to be transferred over; the 4 mount isolators, and a roll pin for the connection point on the right side. Aside from that though, and a bit of tweaking on the mounting points, all I had to do was put it in place, install a new drier, and reconnect the three refrigerant pipes with new seals. Looks pretty good now.

IMG_20130328_185242_226_zps9091381e.jpg
Another thing to note- is that the new condenser's flow pipes in the core are tiny compared to the original. There are however,
twice as many of them. Hopefully, this will translate to more efficient cooling. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Ooh- forgot;

I also installed my clutch hub onto the Spec, with the new bearing and cone washers.

IMG_20130328_200027_838_zps39415ccb.jpg

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Lets hope.
Yes, stock paint, because im pretty sure im respraying it stock color, or perhaps stock color lower half, with a lighter silver above the molding line in a two-tone scheme.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
cool. I think you should do all one color. The stock darker gray colors look sweet all nice and shiney.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, it'll never be solid silver.
At least half the car will be original meteor grey, or something close to it, like the current Lexus color.
I'm just trying to decide if i want two-tone.