Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for reading, Ev!
Had a little bit of a scare tonight...
Was hunting around Driftmotion.com's website for a few things I need, and saw that they sell dowel pins for aligning the head to the block...

HOLY CRAPBALLS!!! DOWEL PINS FOR THE HEAD!!!
Did I install them? I can't remember... Are they necessary? Will the head move around? How hard will it be to get in there- Quick mental summary of what has to come off... what has to be re-sealed...
Will it chew up the elastomer on the head gasket? Will I have to strip it and recoat it???
DID I INSTALL THOSE MOTHERFU@#ERS??!!

Well, I went back through my OWN thread, found a pic of the block.

Yes, I installed them.

Heart attack rescheduled for ~2035AD.
:)

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
supraguy@aol;1921250 said:
p1921623_1.jpg

The black on red with zinc'd hardware really looks amazing!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
supraguy@aol;1921564 said:
This time, I need the clutch, a Spec 2+. I originally had planned on tearing apart the tranny and "Marlin-Crawlin" all over it, but since it hasn't given me any grief, I think I'll save the money and the downtime to push on and finish up reinstalling the drivetrain.

I have the Spec 2+ clutch. Holds really well, but I find that I get a bit of shudder while downshifting. Probably because I am running stock flywheel with just a refresh. Good clutch though, holds super well.

I think I may drive too nicely which is why I get that tiny shudder... when the roads are proper again, I plan on driving it hard a bit to really see what it can do.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
lol yeah i looked back threw my build thread lol i never had it machined cuz jason said it was good. it was just swapping out a HG and a refresher rebuild. so those where never removed.
btw i got a few pictures up on my build of my 4 days off work.
it involved more off brand car parts....pt crusier,kia rio :p

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Hmm. Been awhile.
Haven't done much, because I was out of town for the past ten days.
Today I finally put my old engine on the second engine stand, and ordered a few necessities, like coolant pipe gasket, ISCV seal/bushing,
and chromoly flywheel and Spec 2+ clutch. The tranny work will be minimal: replace input and output seals, clean it, and resinstall.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Hey guys- yes, I'm still here.
Just been trying to collect parts lately, waiting for them to roll in.
Got all the bushings, seals and gaskets I needed, as well as the flywheel, but I'm waiting on the Spec clutch.
Apparently, they build them to order, and it's supposed to ship out tomorrow.
Also, just ordered a new a/c condenser, the last part I needed for the a/c system.

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
Hey man, Just wanted to say after talking to you earlier i sat here and read your entire thread....amazing! Envy for sure, but in a good way haha. I really love and understand all your little ocd querky things you did, Great job! Ill be following this for sure.