Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
All trim is gone from the door jambs to the bumper. Today, I do the doors and targa top.

PS- Replacing all of the dead links sucks.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Nah. That would make the first post a nightmareish long thing, plus it would still make every post after that somewhat senseless, since there would be no pics to associate with what I was describing.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
Montgomery, AL
supraguy@aol;2095463 said:
Nah. That would make the first post a nightmareish long thing, plus it would still make every post after that somewhat senseless, since there would be no pics to associate with what I was describing.

true, I hadn't considered the posts about pics that are no longer there. I like having the first post as the complete build thread (like mine), but if you didn't start it that way it wouldn't make sense to change it to that setup

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Progress...

Man, It's easy to get delayed, distracted, demoralized, or just plain lazy, when it comes to a project.
I think my problem has always been, that I bite off more than I can chew, in terms of scope.
I have a hundred different ideas for a hundred different parts of the car, and when you get pulled equally in 12 different directions, you end up getting nowhere.

My '89 Supra has been a bit of a distraction; upgrading it, and making it nicer, has taken my time and focus away from my '88.
And since it is a car I can drive everday, it's been getting what little attention I can spare. I still have 3 or 4 small chores to finish with that car.
but in an effort to get back to this one, I decided to get a different set of wheels for it. The FR500's went on the '89 daily, and I wanted something a little
bit more 'boy racer' for this car. So I picked up a set of Varrstoen ES2's, and had them powder coated a custom color:

These are a square setup: 18x9.5, +30. The tires I chose are Federal 595 RS-R's, in 255/35/18.
Wheels should be nearly the last item one gets for a project, but I needed the visual stimulation, in order to continue the project.
This week, I hope to get good(warm) weather, so that I can finish the strip-down for paint. In the mean time, I'll continue to go back and replace the broken picture links.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Today, I just did a quick swap of the rear wheel studs, for slightly longer ones.
This was because I wanted to use a set of 10mm wheel spacers. the rears seemed to look slightly sunken in,
compared to how aggressive the fronts are, even though it's a square setup.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Welcome back everybody!
A few years have passed, and not a lot has happened with my project, but the good news is, I didn’t get rid of it.
I MUST finish this car. If for nothing else, I have to have closure. Since the last update, I’ve simply been collecting a few things here and there; euro folding mirrors, Kevin M hatch visor, stereo equipment, etc.
one thing I HAVE done, is reinstall tighter window regulators, and the new door glass. Also, the carpet kit I bought had been accidentally cut too tight on the passenger door sill, and having to patch it would have pissed me off. So I bought a replacement to the replacement carpeting, and have begun to fit it. For those of you that don’t know, I also have an ‘89 turbo, same color, and targa/ 5spd as well. I just sent it through PDR, and am now looking for a paint shop to make it perfect. She will be a Guinea pig: If the shop does a good job, this car will be going there as well.

This is the year. TENS YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH. Project git ‘er done will be done this year.