Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
This thread is officially dead.

I'll post one last post when the car is on the road, followed by a for sale thread. Stay tuned if you want a good deal on a red turbo.

:3d_frown:

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Pete,
I'd be sad to see you leave the supra community.
I have a feeling if you rebuild it, and push some decent number out of it, you'll keep her.
I'm way too attached to my supra.
I just got rodknock (again) and I'm keeping her.
Come on!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
cwapface said:
Quoted for truth. I hope you get a car in the near future that gives you what you wanted from the Supra without putting up a fight :icon_razz

Im leaning towards a 3000GT VR4 but I have a couple other models that interest me. It really depends on how much I can get out of the red thing.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
theWeezL said:
Im leaning towards a 3000GT VR4 but I have a couple other models that interest me. It really depends on how much I can get out of the red thing.
::hah:: Ha, and you think working on that red turd is hard, you'll end up in a straight jacket with one of those bitches. ::hang::

Trust me, you and Lucy will kiss and make up without a doubt.:biglaugh:

Also, make sure and PM me before you put her back together with ANY questions.

-Lance

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well like I said, its one I was looking at. Actually there is an Celica All-trac turbo for sale down here in Houston. The price is right and its in the right family...its a possibility. I doubt it will be around by the time I have money again though.

But like you said, maybe when this is all over Lucy and I will come to terms again. Its hard to say at this point.

On a less positive note, I just got back from the machine shop today. The bottom end is pretty much junk. The pistons are scored and look like they were doing a little "piston slap". The rod bearings didnt look so good but the mains were decent. Doesnt look like any damage on the crank (thank god for small miracles). I went ahead and told the shop to just "do it all". I may as well start with a fresh bottom end right?
Anyway, yeah, I already posted more than I said I would. From here on out I will save the comments for the end, when its all done.

I have one concern with the block but Im gonna pose that question in general.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
steven89 said:
omgosh finally an update!!! Now how many more days until complete? Ya want me to help?

:p

I think the hurry up attitude is what got him back here, Steve. No added pressure is needed.

Hey Pete, What do you have going on with your thermostat housing. Very Interesting!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
ForcedTorque said:
I think the hurry up attitude is what got him back here, Steve. No added pressure is needed.

Hey Pete, What do you have going on with your thermostat housing. Very Interesting!
didnt mean to put pressure on him. Willing to help.. if i can find time this week ima help him go get his parts. as he has no ride..

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque said:

Naa, Steven has already been a big help running my ass all over town. I think he is just excited for me to see SOMETHING taking shape. As for the thermostat housing...there isnt one. Yet ;) It doesnt go on until the head goes on remember?

The first machine shop I took my parts to screwed me out of my dowel pins so Im trying to find a way to Champion Toyota today to get some. Otherwise I would have had the head on last night. Im not even stopping to eat and Im essentiall pulling all-nighters (to bed at 3 or 4 and up by 8). Im actually taking my time though and double and triple checking everything.

Other than Steven Ive had ZERO help. A guy from SF who told me he would "mentor" me on getting the bottom end together was a complete no-show. My roommate has been focused on other things so hes of almost no help. Let me just say that the southern hospitality has been UNDERwhelming. Lance got me in touch with a mk3 guy here that doesnt live too far from me and he may be helping me out today a little.

Anyway, I kind of wanted to keep my comments to essentials for now and I plan to do a big update and write up when its all done. This build is "make or break" for me. I cant afford to do this again. Ive stretched myself too thin. Either this thing runs, or its getting parted out...there is no two ways about it this time.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
theWeezL said:
As for the thermostat housing...there isnt one. Yet ;) It doesnt go on until the head goes on remember?

I'm OLD........Please allow a brain fart every now and then.

You can't tell much about someone thru the internet, but I always had Steven figured for a pretty good guy. I wouldn't have said anything to him if I didn't like him.

guns

Apr 2, 2007
Arkansas
Weezl not sure if your still having starting problems with your supra starting and not sure what the problem is exactly. My supra has a problem were it randomly doesn't want to start. Turn the key over and it doesn't do anything i know its getting power but no click or any starting sounds. I ran through everything possible and It ended upt being the alarm something called a body module. So if your car is doing anything like my sheila then it might be in the alarm. I wasn't on good terms with her for the longest time but finding out she can't help it thanks to the lousy alarm helped. once I have the part change she work like a charm Woohoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.