Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I did NOT get the trans bolted to to the motor today. I got the trans all buttoned up and clean however and ready to go on tomorrow early. I also went over the whole motor with a fine tooth comb and checked torque and fit and performed a few tweaks to routes and mounts. Im real happy with how everything is put together now.

Tomorrow, I'll marry the two big pieces and spend some time under the hood getting the bay ready for the powerplant. I also need to pull the front bumper to give myself some working room and to relocate a few things when I start putting it all together.

Depending on help I would love to try to bolt the motor back in Friday.

I took a bunch more pics and I have a bunch more I been holding on to. Im not going to post the lions share until I have the car running. Im trying not to jinx myself here.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
theWeezL said:
Well like I said, its one I was looking at. Actually there is an Celica All-trac turbo for sale down here in Houston. The price is right and its in the right family...its a possibility. I doubt it will be around by the time I have money again though.

I just noticed this, but are you talking about the grey 1990 All-Trac down in Stafford, just south of Houston? If you are, then it's not really worth it unless you want to do some work on it. The pics in the craigslist and autotrader ads are about 1-2 years old; right before he put the car into storage. When I went to go check it out, there was a nice thick, thick layer of dust all over the car and it had a few problems (the layer of dust should be a clue), not to mention that some of the body panels up front were missing VIN tags.

Just watching out for ya, so you don't end up with a car that needs you to put more unneeded money and work into.

Can't wait to see the car oot on the road soon.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
well, my roommate informed me yesterday that we would be losing internet in the next day or two (I already paid a $200 water bill that wasnt mine, Im not paying a $300 cable bill). I hope to have the motor in the car tonight so if that happens and I still have internet I'll post some pics. If I lose internet you are all going to have to wait until I am actually driving the car so I can find a wireless hotspot to post.

Today is the day!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Yeah, so i went to Pete's to help him drop in the engine but i found that once i got there, there wasn't much to do.. so here are the progress pics. I put em in order to the best of my ability. I have to say though that this looks better in person, pictures don't do the job any justice at all.

But anyways, here are the pictures! Enjoy!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
kylefoto said:
WOOT!
Good to see it in there Weez.
You got yours in today,
and I took mine out
haha.

heh, hes internet less right now, so it might take a while for him to reply. But his car/engine/work looks awesome!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Thanks Steven for being there to help Pete! ............and for being here to post us the pictures when Pete can't.

I'm so happy to see that motor in that car. Now I just hope there are NO more set-backs tying to get it on the road.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ugh...made this long post with a list of everything that I did, how it all went together, the list of new parts and everything...and it didnt post!

ARGH!

So yeah, its running. Its running on 4 cylinders, but its running. It traced the problem to a bad ignitor. Its not firing the 1/6 coil. If anyone has a line on an ignitor, cheap, in the houston area please let me know. Ive placed calls to the guys I know here and no luck getting one in my hand just yet.

(please dont abuse this, but Im real limited on internet here so if anyone has an ignitor or can help me locate one please call my cell 505-553-8118)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
J1 - That would be AWESOME!
I may have one locally but if that falls through tonight, I'll take you up on it. Can you do me a favor and call my cell this evening. Im about to get outta this place. I cant take much more of starbucks for the day. Call me so we can work out details ok?

Hayamate

Jul 29, 2006
Yuma, AZ/Fort Smith, AR
dang it! just another bastard problem trying to keep you down... hopefully the last. besides the bad ignitor, it's all buttoned up and good to go? and you wouldn't happen to have a digi-camcorder, would you?

my condolences for having to stick around a cafe all day. i'm bumming internet at the moment, too. stupid bills. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.