Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Premature supraculation. Im having major issues getting this thing fire the coils. NO SPARK issue is killing me.

My situation with my roommate has deteriorated. His GF went on a bender and is no in detox, internet has little hope of getting paid for, and I have exhausted every resource I can think of to get this thing running.

I have every LAST single penny I had available into it and still its not running....I have two choices. Sell it as is and take a major loss, or bite the bullet and take it to a shop and hope they can find the problem. Im done. Either way this car wont be mine much longer. Im serious here, if someone wants a smokin deal on an almost entirely new car, make me an offer!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Hey Pete step away from the car for a day or two to regain your thoughts, And remember quiters never win and winners never quit.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahooked said:
Hey Pete step away from the car for a day or two to regain your thoughts, And remember quiters never win and winners never quit.

Fuck that, easy for you to say nt being here. Ive put blood, sweat and tears into this fucking car and still the little gremlins keep haunting me. I think if you were me you would feel exactly the same. There is only so much I can do. My biggest regret is not sticking to my original plans and staying NA. My first car was in seriuos need of a rebuild, but it just didnt have the gremlins this one does.

Its worth what Im asking for it in parts alone. I hope maybe someone with better luck or more mechanical skill than me can find a use for it.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
pete, have you tried checking the cps wire for resistence and continuety at the ecu?

no spark, means it doesn't see any thing from the cps, and doesn't mean the cps is bad,

maybe try solding the wires for the cps?

well i hope you keep working with her, it's to bad you bought some one else's problems..

your not back in oregon yet are you?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
nope still stuck in asshole roommate hell in Houston.

It hasnt been since I was in my mid 20's (almost 2 decades ago) that I actually made a fist and calculated the distance I would need to cover before I was able to throw a punch. I did that yesterday. Im seriously trapped right now. I feel like a dog backed into a corner.

and yes I traced the wires and checked continuity between the ECU and the CPS and the ignitor. I have spark on one side of the coils now. I am actually thinking that all 6 of mine are bad.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, I finally admitted defeat and took it to a shop today. The price of the car just went up from $5500 to $5500+whatever it costs me to get running.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I hope its something crazy and cheap to get fixed. I empathize, Pete. After all the hard work you've put into that car, it'd be a shame to sell it. gl with the repair man! (and with the other issues your dealing with).

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
The curse continues. Motor runs fine now, (running hot atm but I think I can sort that out)...on the way back from Toyota dealership, trans starts making some SCARY noises.

My guess is the trans is toast, but I kinda knew it was trouble for a while.

Im just too drained to say any more about it other than that.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well guys I have decided to give up on this drivetrain. Im going to do a part out thread in the next day or two. Im going to start with the 7M stuff only and see if I can get enough out of it to consider a 1JZ swap. Once I get an inventory of what I want to sell and take the pictures I will post a for sale thread about it.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
theWeezL said:
Well guys I have decided to give up on this drivetrain. Im going to do a part out thread in the next day or two. Im going to start with the 7M stuff only and see if I can get enough out of it to consider a 1JZ swap. Once I get an inventory of what I want to sell and take the pictures I will post a for sale thread about it.

Why would you do that?? After all of the time and work put into the 7M??

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
Why would you do that?? After all of the time and work put into the 7M??

Cause its a piece of shit and I hate it? LOL
Im pretty much soured on the 7M and Im getting soured on the Supra a bit as well. It really hard to stay positive after all the trouble Ive had with this car. It seems like one thing after another. To be honest I will be really suprised if I keep the car at all. Im just not ruling out possibilities just yet.

As for the no start it was a combination of minor oversights. Apparently I had a couple vacuum lines mixed up and apparently I blew off an IC pipe the last time I drove it and didnt see it. I got caught up in the electrnics so bad that I got tunnel vision. My bad attitude about this car is having an effect on my ability to see the problems.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
theWeezL said:
Cause its a piece of shit and I hate it? LOL
Im pretty much soured on the 7M and Im getting soured on the Supra a bit as well. It really hard to stay positive after all the trouble Ive had with this car. It seems like one thing after another. To be honest I will be really suprised if I keep the car at all. Im just not ruling out possibilities just yet.

As for the no start it was a combination of minor oversights. Apparently I had a couple vacuum lines mixed up and apparently I blew off an IC pipe the last time I drove it and didnt see it. I got caught up in the electrnics so bad that I got tunnel vision. My bad attitude about this car is having an effect on my ability to see the problems.

I was exactly where you are with my car at one time...it had me to the point of tears.

Stick with it...it will get better...I PROMISE.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
I was exactly where you are with my car at one time...it had me to the point of tears.

Stick with it...it will get better...I PROMISE.

naa, Ive stuck with it long enough. Its just a fuggin car...a not particularly reliable one at that. I am getting a certain perverse joy thinking about tearing it to pieces.

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
sad... i too had your thoughts clouding my mind.. the car was even parked at safeway for sale .. but the smoke cleared and patience insued... now i have higher aspirations than ever.. too bad ur givin up, atleast go jz or LS1 or somethin..

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Well weez,
You know I will help out by buying some of your shit, and I hope that the money will go towards a jz. Maybe even just get a 1jz+r154 combo? I'll talk to my buddy eddie and see what he can do for you for finding a 1jz for fairly cheap if he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.