It's 19XX - Where were you when your Supra was made?

bhg_mkiii

el_boricua_luny
Nov 7, 2009
mi
1988....i was 1 yr old...just crying and pooping my diapers...u know...the usual baby stuff

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Wow, I'm surprised how many people weren't even born yet!
I'm not far off, but figured that the majority would have at least been alive!

I was 6. Playing with matchbox cars. I had a really cool mk3 supra 1/64 car, wasn't hotwheels or matchbox, and I loved that car. Forgot all about it till I stumbled across the mk3 online when searching for another aw11 and started really looking into it, gave me an eerie feeling that i know that car inside and out, and I did! it was that same car that I used to play with all the time.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hmm.... in '89 I was still married to my first wife. Hell, I was still happily married! That didn't last long. Reasonably certain I was driving a big Ford Econoline at the time. Gasoline was sub 30 cents / liter.

Never got into the Amiga / Commodore boxes... had an IBM clone with a color screen and a high density 5.25" floppy. As I recall it had a 10M double bay height MFM hard drive either then or shortly thereafter.

Of course, all that is long since gone... the Econoline ended up in Calgary, where someone rolled it going around a curve too fast on ice. The first marriage ended in divorce, and I've talked to her maybe a dozen times since then. Gasoline is four times as expensive now, the computer was upgraded in stages and the old parts eventually tossed out. I had to get a bank loan for that computer, it was over $2k at the time... today I can get more processing power in my cell phone, and the cell company gives it to me for free.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
In 1991 I was just getting through with college. I was working at a machine shop in the drafting department drawing gears for moveable bridges. Shortly after that though, I quit and started doing construction work. I got married to Vonda one year later after dating for almost five years. Today is our 17 year anniversary. I was driving a blue 1979 celica. The day after Vonda and I got married, I bought a black 1983 toyota supra.

BigPapa

Oct 13, 2009
Washington
Hmmmmm.....1990 I was a sophmore in High School....poppin' zits and mobbin' deep in my 1975 Peugeot station wagon. My buddy's dad bought him a Supra and I remember wanting to shoot him and take it. 15 years later.....I bought one.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
I am shocked how many of you were so young you were still shitting your pants...Then again, you all have MKIIIs, at the oldest 86.5, I would have been 3 1/2..
As for me:
95.. I was in 7th grade.. I didnt know about Supras until my freshman year of highschool.. At 12, I was too obsessed with soccer and other sports to bat an eyelash at any modern cars.. I had a love for muscle cars though

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Ninja Turtles and Legos FTW

I was five :)

A family friend had an 89 White package 5spd Turbo Hardtop that's nearly identical to the car I own today, left a little impression on me.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
1991.. i was only 4. Funny thing is i actually have some old pics of my father and his MK2 Supra. Thats where it all began!

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
86.5 I was about a year old, getting pushed around Expo 86. Not knowing then what the big deal was, or what a Supra even was. Then another 22 years later finally found my Poopra. Good times.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
1991 7mgte
i was 5 and either leaving virginia or just got to texas but i do remember that mom was cruising an 84 accord hatchback and dad had my 1985 toyota pick up 4x4

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I was in grade 1, wearing ties to school, and getting in shit for throwing rocks at kids on the playground. I miss the lack of responsibility of childhood....