It's 19XX - Where were you when your Supra was made?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Just kinda curious what everybody was doing when their model year Supra hit the road with less than 10mi. (km?) on the odometer.

In 1988, I was in my first year of college at VCU pirating Commodore 64/128 games, panicking about my Differential Math class <ugh!!> , programming in Pascal on the library mainframe, wondering why the hell I had to take Chem all over again when I got straight A's on it in HS, trying to look cool in front of the frat guys during "rush" (ended up not joining 'cuz the entry fee was "too extravagant" for my parents!!!), and driving around in a beater 1978 Chevy Impala 2-door and dreaming about being able to afford a Monte Carlo SS. Back then, I never gave a Toyota Supra a second look, thinking it was "too foreign" and couldn't stand up to American muscle.

Nowadays, I dropped out of college, traded the C-64 to an Amiga, traded AGAIN to an IBM clone (gawd, I remember those days of 386/486 muscle!!), the Chevy rusted to car hell, I bought, modded, and sold my Monte :)cry:)...

...and ended up with a car that is a royal pain AND a royal blast to drive. Except for dropping out of VCU and selling my dream car, don't think I'd change anything else.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was in the dealership test driving and then purchasing the car of course!

I own that same car to this very day.

Back then I had just finished school starting to work for sony and move to Vancouver.

So I am the original owner.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Drake69;1455078 said:
Whippersnappers.... :rofl:

Flateric;1455087 said:
I was in the dealership test driving and then purchasing the car of course!

I own that same car to this very day.

Back then I had just finished school starting to work for sony and move to Vancouver.

So I am the original owner.

All aboard the old train
train2.gif

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
1986.5 I was 2.5yrs old. I was walking around the house pulling toilet paper off the roll, winking at old ladies (no lie), being devilish. My best friend was my cat, Bounce (or "More Bounce To The Ounce" was his full name) He was awesome.

We fought enemies, played army men, caught frogs down at the pond with dad's help, life was good! (and still is!)

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
When my 1987 supra was created i was just a year old, wasn't doing anything too exciting. I hadn't even known there was a 1986.5-1992 supra till i was about 16 when i discovered it on gran turismo. Forgot about it then found out about it again when i started looking for cars on craigslist, keyword supra. With all the junk i have went through with this car i would have done it again, but the right way the first time!

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
1988.....Hmmm

I was overseas in Germany having a blast. I graduated from high school that year and spent the summer drinking through Europe. I also had a Commie 64 and pirated games like it was nothing. I saw my first MkIII in an car ad and knew I wanted one. Finally got one in 2006 when I graduated Auto Tech as a present to myself then rebuilt her.

Cycoclown

SHAAWING!!!
Jan 18, 2008
Vacaville, CA
www.myspace.com
91. i was a 3. my uncle had owned a supra, i remember seeing it when i was about 4ish or so and their huge rock crawling jeep, my first time remembering cars where those 2..(the 2 that sparked my intrest in cars)

Last edited: