It's 19XX - Where were you when your Supra was made?

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
adampecush;1455344 said:
I miss the lack of responsibility of childhood....

I think this everyday man! lol

1989-turned 16 in July..sex! a new girlfriend..sex..lol.....man what a year! first car was a 81 Tercel, then got a 74 Plymouth Duster with a huge hoodscoop and huge back tires. everybody thought the car was fast til they found out it had the slant six..lol 225 cubic inches It was gold with a green door and fender. Didn't even care about the paint, it was cool the way it was. ended up getting a 71 Duster a couple years later, made one badass Duster out of the two, Backhalved, ladder bar/ coilovers, 11 to 1 comp. 440, pulled the front wheels off the ground on the street...Now that gets attention lol .... sold that to buy the 89 Supra several years ago..what the hell was I thinking!!??? Also had a 71 Charger in high school that I sold and bought back later that I'm doing a rotisserie resto/build on now. Planning a twin turbo fuel injected 440:icon_evil

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
Well according to my door sticker my car rolled off the assembly line in Sept. of 88 so I was being born the same month on the 20th.

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1990.....2 years old. Probably causing chaos for my unexpecting 54 year old dad and 48 year old mom! Parents now are 73 and 68 lol I'm 21 it's nuts.

Its pretty cool to see that a lot of us are around the same age 18-25 seems to be the majority. Its nice that we have such an appreciation for cars of our own generation!

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
according to my door panel my 91 was built in 8/90. I was starting 1st grade. It would be another 7 years before I would play granturismo on my buddy's PS1 (I had a sega genesis) and way probably trying to beat up on dr. robotnik

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
My supra and I were both born 4/89.

As luck would have it I also bought her April of this year.
I'm never selling her.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
adampecush;1455344 said:
I was in grade 1, wearing ties to school, and getting in shit for throwing rocks at kids on the playground. I miss the lack of responsibility of childhood....

Holy shit me too...

I remember I kicked gravel in this kids face, and I remember the teacher picking it out of his ear.

His name was Dale.

:rofl:

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
mattsplat72;1455645 said:
Sitting in a dive bar in Seattle call the OK Hotel. Watching a local band play before they got signed...RIP Layne

AH! Alice in Chains, baby! Wow, just dated myself...... <slumps down into her chair>

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
MK3Brent;1456381 said:
Holy shit me too...

I remember I kicked gravel in this kids face, and I remember the teacher picking it out of his ear.

His name was Dale.

:rofl:
Dale will murder you on your 32nd birthday.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
My first Supra (E136GRK *sniff* i miss you :() was built in May 1988, and strangely, came from the dealership at the end of my road. I remember walking past it as a 6 year old with my dad, wanting it even then. However, at the time it was built, i was in the hospital, with kidney failure :(

My latest Supra (H315FLK) was built in September 1990, on the 'A' Line. At that time, i was 8 years old, and still re-learning how to walk, after having spent nearly 7 months in the hospital (May '89 to December '89) after being hit by a car doing 70mph in a residential area (hit & run driver).

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
My 89 would put me at 5 years old. So I was busy watching biker mice, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and JI Joe. And probably playing Lego.

My notable achievements that year were graduating kindergarden and getting cooties from kissing a girl, Kaylee Parrete.

It would be another decade before I'd get Supra on the brain.