Is there any REAL advantage to a dual split downpipe?

AP1FreaKsLiDe

Jul 29, 2009
Rockwall, TX
Actually, that eBay "shit" is pretty nice. I have the recirculation DDP on the second link and it's very nice. I know you guys "want to support local Supra owners" and stuff but mine works very very well.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
In this case it's the exact opposite. The DDP's don't have the actual divider flange now making them pointless.

Oh, and they fit for shit too.

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
so because the ddp does not have a splitter thing in the middle, it is useless? There have been claims on other websites that having the ddp is pointless, and the full 3" pipe, without the dual wastegate pipe, is good enough if not better.

Anyone actually have proof of this?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I remember way back when Randy (BIC) first started making them, he posted some dyno comparisons. I wouldn't know how to find them, but I bet you could PM Randy and he could provide them for you.

On the contrary, do you believe you could get good information from the seller on ebay? Dual outlets...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! 7MGE.....Even more LOL'age!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yes, this has been proven.

Randy, the guy who runs BIC, took a stock Supra, put it on a dyno, recorded the numbers, put on a 3 inch non-divided pipe, put it back on the dyno, recorded the numbers, put on the divided pipe, put it back on the dyno, recorded the numbers, and published the whole works.

These were all back to back runs on *exactly* the same car, with exactly the same setup, on the same day. And the result? I quote: "Dyno results have shown gains of 29 whp over a standard 3 inch downpipe setup."

I dare the folks claiming it's *not* an improvement to post some actual evidence. So far they are posting opinions instead of facts.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I went from a big mouth full 3" to the BIC ddp.

Turbo spooled faster, dunno if it pulled harder or not.

Sure sounds sexy cruising the neighborhood at 2000rpms hearing nothing but upspool tho :naughty:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
if they dont have the tab separating the the waste gate and turbine its a less flowing full 3in dp.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
really? but then you have that center part vs a full 3in down pipe which at the turbo is much larger than 3 +1.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I dont get how you figure? a full 3in dp is almost 2 3in pipes coming out of the turbo into 1 3in. Ddp just makes for 3in for the turbine and 1 for the waste gate separated. But when there is no tab there separating the 2, the air exiting goes straight into a wall.
ddp1_new_thumb.jpg

downpipe2_thumb.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i realize that but without the tab theirs nothing there to direct the flow into the pipes and the air is going to go every which way and cause more turbulence than just getting a full dp with more open area.

im not saying the ddp(w/tabs) is worse than a reg 3in dp im just saying with out the tab imo its worse.