I'm going to LasVegas for the W.S.O.P.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I like Allen C. also. I'm sure he's be willing to sign something for me. I leave this saturday and we register that night when we get there. I don't know when we play though. It's either sunday or monday. I'll keep you posted as I know more about it.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Saw your sig and clicked on it. That's awesome! :bigthumb: As everyone has said already, good luck! T-minus two days and counting!

Here's a question since you have the chance....who would you love to sit with and win a hand against? Again, good luck! :icon_razz

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would really love to beat Phil Hellmuth in a hand, but I don't know if I'd like to sit at a table with him for more than a few minutes. I would like to be at a tale with Daniel N. because he's funny, but it would be really hard to put him on a hand since he'll practically play any two cards.

CaptMKIII

Jun 21, 2008
Kansas.
suprahero;1067500 said:
I like Allen C. also. I'm sure he's be willing to sign something for me. I leave this saturday and we register that night when we get there. I don't know when we play though. It's either sunday or monday. I'll keep you posted as I know more about it.

Good luck.

Break 'the Brat' and you'll be at the top of my list for a long time.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
win or lose, I would rather play a hand or sit at a table with Doyle "Texas Dolly" Brunson anyday over Helmuth.

Besides Helmuth the guy I'd least like to have to play against would probably be Gus Hansen or Freddy Deeb

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Because of their attitudes or their playing ability? I can pretty much get along with anyone. I should have a great time if all else fails. I won't get this opportunity ever again.......unless we go to Tunica for the five thousand dollar buy in later on. That's the plan right now, but we'll see how it goes.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
mainly because both of those guys will play any two cards and they are extremely hard to read and unpredictable.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's exactly why Daniel would be hard to play. When certain people are in every hand you see them turn over seven eight suited or something like that, and then when you're up against them.........their holding the stone cold nuts every time. It's going to be fun, but it's going to be extremely hard to make it to the money without a shitload of luck.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jay there's gonna be plenty of folks there that are just as hard to read as the well known players. It's a game combined of predictability and luck. When they are unpredictable like that, if you have the guts and the money to stay with them, you win all the stupid money they throw out there. Remember, you can't ever win on cards that you threw in.

Here's what you gotta do.

You got to know when to hold em,
Know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away,
And know when to run!!!!!!!!!!!

You never count your money............Oh hell, I can't can't sing!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque;1069321 said:
You got to know when to hold em,
Know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away,
And know when to run!!!!!!!!!!!

You never count your money............Oh hell, I can't can't sing!

Don't be so hard on yourself...........I was loving it...........:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I leave tomorrow at one. I'm getting kinda nervous. I hate to leave the family, but this could really change our lives if I get lucky a few times. I'm hoping for the best while trying to remain realistic. I know how to play and I only hope I don't try and make a move when someone has aces. I'll try and check in whenever possible.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I leave in an hour and I've got my laptop so I can make a few updates. Hopefully I'll last longer than one update. I bought a book to read on the flight so I should arrive in Vegas with very positive thoughts and a will to win. I already have the will to win. It's called poverty and it's a strong drive I have to get out of it.
I was really wanting to meet some of the vegas locals, but nobody posted in here and I don't know of any or I would have sent them a pm letting them know when I arrive. I would love to go out and eat with some of them. Gotta go. I'm hoping I bring back one of those giant two foot by five foot checks I see on T.V.............:biglaugh:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
I haven't heard anything since play started at 12:00. I talked with him about an hour and a half before and he sounded calm. He had been to eat breakfast and was going to rest in his room for a while. If I hear anything I'll post later.

V