I'm going to LasVegas for the W.S.O.P.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just found out yesterday that I'm going to be flying commercial for the first time ever. I leave out on saturday for a flight to GA, and then on to Las Vegas. I'll be playing in the $10,000.00 buy in Main Event @ the World Series of Poker.

No I'm not a baller like that. I don't have the money for a thousand dollar buy in, but I do have friends and one of them owns two drug stores and is paying for everything. He's also playing in it so he's paying for two airline tickets, hotel rooms, and $20,000.00 cash for entry fees.
I don't know if they'll put my ugly mug on T.V. or not. Their may be some kind of rules against such a thing. They may ask me to wear a mask,..... which I'm o.k. with. I just hope I make it through the first day. I would love to make it to the money of course, but I'll just have to see how the cards fall.
I'm hoping my wifes faith helps me out a little since I know it can't hurt. I'm trying to remain positive about everything, but it's a lot of pressure when a friend of yous is betting a lot of money on you winning and you could literally be out on the very first hand.
I'll be accepting all positive help that you guys have to offer about tournament strategy since I'm mostly a cash game player. I'll also be up for meeting any of you LasVegas natives that might want to ride out and say HI. Thanks for any comments you may have and wish me luck.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Is this your first time doing this? For some reason, I am remembering hearing about this before. Maybe you just told me about the possibility of it happening, I don't know.

Advise.............Keep winning!

That's all I got

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I went to Tunica and played in one last year, but it was only a five thousand dollar buy in. I also ended up winning my entry fee through a 200 person satelite. This time we're not getting out there in time to play any satelites so he's paying the whold ammount.

In the one in Tunica, I got put out with ace queen of hearts. The flop came queen of spades, jack of hearts and four of hearts. One guy went all in with an open ended straight draw and I called with top pair, top kicker, and the nut flush draw. He hits an eight on the turn and puts me out. We were both way ahead in chips when this happened. He had me outchipped by three thousand..........I felt sick for about an hour after that because first place was $277,000.00 and I've been thinking about repainting my car.........:biglaugh:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Friggin awesome man! That's sweet that you're being staked for free in the main event.

My advice: sport as much mechandise as possible. My friend played in it last year was asked to sport some Full Tilt apparel. They paid him over $10k. He was on TV for like 2 seconds haha. Featured tables: Pokerstars, Full Tilt and other were throwing around $50k+ just to get people to wear hats.

Good luck! Be sure to let us know if you get even a small spot on TV. WSOP is insanely huge (the room at least) when you're there in person.

PS - I'm not a "real" professional but I've got 250k hands under my belt (playing online) would be willing to give pointers if you're interested. Don't mean that to be an insult though, I'm sure you've got more years playing poker than I have, just trying to help support!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks SST for the info. I'm pretty sure you need to be good looking to get a sponsorship. I would be sponsoring dog biscuits or something along that line and not apparel. I've been thining about wearing my Hayes Construction shirts and maybe changing between hands since I may not be in there very long. I also have a few supra shirts that I thought about wearing. I'll just have to wait and see what my wife packs for me. She's used to trying to make me look good. I'm usually the best dressed at the golf course, but never the best looking.............:biglaugh:

I'm going to go buy me a book on positive thinking to read on the flight and some this week. I need to think that I can win, and not just be a pot fattenener. Thanks again.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
That's awesome Jay! Go get'em bud! By the way, I love your Supra, it's the best in the whole wide world! :sarcasm:

Hope you win! :biglaugh:

Duane

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow Jay, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you (so you can win and repaint the Supe in a decent colour... Like 206 ;))

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ok so some guy is paying for your airfair, hotel and paying a 10G buy in??? Sounds to me like he may be wanting something in return if you know what I mean!!!:naughty::sarcasm::biglaugh:

Good luck Jay!! I think you have a great chance of winning and the good news is you can finally record yourself on TV and watch it like 2 months later.:biglaugh:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
suprahero;1061887 said:
I've been thining about wearing my Hayes Construction shirts and maybe changing between hands since I may not be in there very long. I also have a few supra shirts that I thought about wearing. I'll just have to wait and see what my wife packs for me. She's used to trying to make me look good. I'm usually the best dressed at the golf course, but never the best looking.............:biglaugh:

No Hayes Construction Shirts will be packed. They won't pay enough for the advertisement...:sarcasm:

Jay is going to do very well. I told him I have no doubt.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
upgradedsupra;1061898 said:
That's awesome Jay! Go get'em bud! By the way, I love your Supra, it's the best in the whole wide world! :sarcasm:

Hope you win! :biglaugh:

Duane

If I win, I can finally obtain baller status like you, Ron, and kwnate.............:biglaugh:
LilMissMkIII;1061925 said:
Wow Jay, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you (so you can win and repaint the Supe in a decent colour... Like 206 ;))

Thanks for the boobies Kristel, but I really need to focus right now and you're distracting me..........:naughty:
da89soup;1061963 said:
Ok so some guy is paying for your airfair, hotel and paying a 10G buy in??? Sounds to me like he may be wanting something in return if you know what I mean!!!:naughty::sarcasm::biglaugh:

Good luck Jay!! I think you have a great chance of winning and the good news is you can finally record yourself on TV and watch it like 2 months later.:biglaugh:

Ryan, if I win over a million dollars, I'm pretty sure he can have his way with me........:biglaugh:

Thanks Scott, and Zazzn. I'm hoping that no matter what happens.........I at least have a good time and that I don't get busted with seven four off suit or something stupid like that.

Vonda, if I wear my shirts, maybe a lot of people from Alabama will see it and want their house remodeled by a not so good looking celebrity.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
wow jay, this sounds possibly like a dream come true for you. i think you have enough knowledge and guts to take it further than you think. i'm not a religious person, but i'll throw in a good word with the "G" man.
i watched a movie the other night called "the grand" with woody harrelson and it was about poker. a little boring but good in the end.
Good Luck to you and your friend. give him a supra shirt to wear also.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
da89soup;1061963 said:

They do have the slogan "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
Could be the whole reason for the Vegas angle, never know. :biglaugh:

Best of luck while your at the table. (and alone in your room:runaway: )

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Try and get a supramania visor by then, and rock that. Good luck and have fun. BTW if you win, do you need to split the pot with the guy that payed your way, or does he just want the bracelet.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero;1061804 said:
I don't know if they'll put my ugly mug on T.V. or not.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Hell, I'd do you....with Ryans permission of course:biglaugh:

So your first time to fly....ever, or just commercial? I love to fly. Taking off is the biggest rush ever, outside of the supra world of course.