If you're an mk3 owner: How do you respond when someone says, "It's just not a mk4"

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Every interior piece in my car is original some stuff shows its age like the speaker grills, arm rest, shift knob, and e-brake boot but everything still works and functions like it should.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
and everything in my interior looks just about brand new. not exaggerating. it proves that time is not the enemy. the enemy to wear and tear is abusive elements, be it weather/temperature/moisture/contaminents... or more human bourne, like physical damage due to carelessness or error. (spilling orange juice, smoking, sweating, hauling heavy boxes on your seats... etc.)

when I look at my Supra, inside and out, it almost seems as though I just drove it off the showroom floor in 2013. the point is... time (22 years in my case) does not cause damage. we do.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Doat;1954794 said:
I still have the original factory window sticker for my car with the options list and price...

Me too! Very lucky the original owner kept it! Ironically the one time I bought a new car I DIDN'T get the sticker...

SupraSticker.jpg

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
My interior, minus the dime-size crack on the dash, is immaculate. I'm just sad the previous owner chose to do a Maco paint job, cause its starting to be sandblasted off. Once she's repainted, I think I'll get my confidence back.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
mattsplat72;1954871 said:
Knarly burnout topped with an perfectly flawless middle finger out of the Sunroof

i see what you did there, lmao. also, just noticed...its funny how in the title mk3's get "an" but mk4's get "a"

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
loc182;1954863 said:
Me too! Very lucky the original owner kept it! Ironically the one time I bought a new car I DIDN'T get the sticker...

View attachment 68933
Did you scan yours? It looks brand new lol here is a pic of mine
8682766387_8da0351fdd_h.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
It is pretty cool to have all of this stuff the previous owners kept every record of the car and I am continuing that by putting in receipts for whatever I do to the car such as repairs or window tint and alarm.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
suprajztwenty;1954921 said:
window stickers are awesome! 30+ grand back in the day...
http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php
i selected 89 and typed in 31k and the equivalent in todays money is around 58k. the cost and options list just further proves how much higher level the supra was to anything else for it's day.

Agreed. Mine was 31K too. Even now in 2013, 31K will get you a really nice car. I can imagine how the folks buying these MKIII Supras 20+ years ago felt like they were spending a fortune!

I will scan mine and post it later. :thumbup:

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Doat;1954914 said:
Did you scan yours? It looks brand new lol here is a pic of mine

Yeah, that is a scan. It was maybe 5mm wider than my scanner so I had to make two scans and Photoshop it together. Then I made most of the VIN disappear in order to protect the innocent :)

Very jealous, I don't have that side piece yours has though! I wonder how much more expensive mine originally was now...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
It really is cool to still have that piece of paper every time I hold I can imagine the first owner being very excited with a huge smile on his face and keeping every little thing that came with the car.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Doat;1954953 said:
It really is cool to still have that piece of paper every time I hold I can imagine the first owner being very excited with a huge smile on his face and keeping every little thing that came with the car.

With the exception of having to give up the 928 a week earlier than expected and getting no window sticker I was pretty pumped when I went down to the dealership to pickup my S2000. (One and only new car purchase.) It was a good day, other than you have to take it easy on the engine for a while!

Did you get the Valet key and the key number plate with your Supra? I sadly don't have that, and never have gotten one with any used car I have ever owned :(

Last edited:

Dyzzyman

May 7, 2011
Arizona
Doat;1954970 said:
I would say 15 pages not all 16

I only see 6 pages so far. 30 posts per page helps with more scrolling and less clicking on page numbers. I'm not brave enough for 50 posts per page yet.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
loc182;1954976 said:
With the exception of having to give up the 928 a week earlier than expected and getting no window sticker I was pretty pumped when I went down to the dealership to pickup my S2000. (One and only new car purchase.) It was a good day, other than you have to take it easy on the engine for a while!

Did you get the Valet key and the key number plate with your Supra? I sadly don't have that, and never have gotten one with any used car I have ever owned :(
Yea I got the original key and one other key that doesn't open the trunk or anything else like that. What is a key number plate?

Shane

Turbo? No thanks!
May 19, 2013
Oregon
IJ.;1954957 said:
Wow 16 pages of insecurity and justification... why do you guys care so much what someone else thinks... :nono:

It's just a car

You could have just said nothing if you had nothing constructive to say.