Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Zumtizzle;1866789 said:
to rebuild that sandy piece of junk? probably 400-1000.
Really i was expecting more.

Not so bad i only paid $1150 for it.

Hey when it's done and running right it will bring more character to the car and myself :)

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
thats just machine work sorry. Add in Rings and/or Pistons (depends on how the walls looks). And gaskets, and FIPG, and little parts. T-Belt ect ect

DO NOT turn this motor with sand in it, at ALL! Get it on a stand disassembled, buy Kerosine by the Gallon and mix it with ATF, pour it into the cylinders then turn the motor over and pour it into a big ass drain pan. Do it about 3 times. ;)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Get some kroil and soak the bolts hard. That stuff is awesome.

Also try hammering a slightly smaller socket on there and breaking it loose slowly after penetrating oil like kroil.

Not to put you down or anything but I paid 1175 shipped for my 1j. Was super clean. But in the world of Jdm motors it's all hit or miss.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Okay ill keep that in mind but when i picked up motor the guy showed me that the motor turned over and you could hear popping from compression or thats what i thought it to be.

Who knows how much it was turned over before that but since i have not turned the crank at all.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hvyman;1866799 said:
Get some kroil and soak the bolts hard. That stuff is awesome.

Also try hammering a slightly smaller socket on there and breaking it loose slowly after penetrating oil like kroil.

Not to put you down or anything but I paid 1175 shipped for my 1j. Was super clean. But in the world of Jdm motors it's all hit or miss.

You mean soak the Head Bolts with penetrating oil before drilling into them ? (This was my plan)

Yeah i know i kinda got shafted but it happens and i'm not gonna let it keep me down just gonna try and turn it all around

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ofcourse he already used the money...

I will go thought my price list and let you know what a full rebuild cost in a 1JZ. My number will be accurate since I recorded everything and actually did it.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Who is this guy so we can post him in our local forum as a scammer... "Oh I spent your money already, sorry I sold you a shitty engine, your shit out of luck" that is unacceptable! I would make him reimburse you for the rebuild or at least the machine work...

Reminds me of the horror story's I heard about Carlos/MJZ motorsports...

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Clint;1866835 said:
Who is this guy so we can post him in our local forum as a scammer... "Oh I spent your money already, sorry I sold you a shitty engine, your shit out of luck" that is unacceptable! I would make him reimburse you for the rebuild or at least the machine work...

I agree with this a 1jz for the price you paid should be in really good shape...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Clint;1866835 said:

His name is Emmy and he has the s14 with a 2jz swap that says MJZ on it lol....

He seems sincere not much like a scammer ,... Anyway here are pics of his car

p1866849_1.jpg

p1866849_2.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, WhiteMike seemed like a nice guy when I was talking to him about getting my Tefzel wire.

Then he told me that it would be 100 bucks and I got cheap regular wire.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Hammer a different socket on the head bolt and see if you can break it loose before drilling into it.

I used a big torx bit on 7m head bolts a few times that way.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hvyman;1866867 said:
Hammer a different socket on the head bolt and see if you can break it loose before drilling into it.

I used a big torx bit on 7m head bolts a few times that way.

So you just used like a 11 or 12mm hex or bit instead of a 10? I will go buy some and see.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
suprakidd;1867554 said:
is MJZ a scammer?

http://forums.azsupracentral.com/forum/59-vendor-feedback/

They like to take parts off of customers cars to get other customers cars going, they make you pay for new parts when they go behind your back and use old used parts... They have a superb business practice lmfao!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Turbo Habanero;1867589 said:
I do not think Emmy is a scammer or involved with mjz I think he had work done to his car there and that's it.

I remember when his car was at there shop, he had dealing with them, I don't know the story but who know where that motor came from, may of come from mjz, wouldn't surprise me...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yes he said he got the motor from them 2 years ago.

This sucks but I don't know anything else to do but continue on with my plan. I don't hold grudges or anything against people so ill take the hit on this one.