Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Turbo Habanero;1865986 said:
. I honestly don't mind I think good info should be spread as much as possible.

Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot. A guy locally tried to trade me a 1jz mk3 with Stinger for my current set up but he knew nothing about his car and he wouldn't even let me start it up so I said no way, he wanted cash on top too. The only other standalones I know of are AEM, MoTec (expensive but best?), PRO EFI, and Mega Squirt.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
ProEFI is the closest to Motec at a cheaper cost.

The "local tuner said he tunes this and that's the reason I got it" excuse for the brand of standalone you choose is retarded. Yeah, yeah, we know you want your car tuned when you want but see the tuner who you WANT to tune your car and then ask him. I have met a tuner that doesn't tune AEM, Haltech and now since ProEFI is getting out there, they are jumping on that too.

Example, Nenni is one of the best tuners around but he has a cost and tunes pretty much anything, AEM for sure. Don't let "flying in a tuner cost money" get to you as a lot of big name guys will go to a shop and tune at a flat cost for certain cars.

Example, Alpha has been up here May, June and now August and he has been booked up every time. Get the tuner you want but you can't go wrong with AEM, everyone and their grandmas know it. The newest software is so simple, it's unbelievable.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
IBoughtASupra;1866017 said:
ProEFI is the closest to Motec at a cheaper cost.

The "local tuner said he tunes this and that's the reason I got it" excuse for the brand of standalone you choose is retarded. Yeah, yeah, we know you want your car tuned when you want but see the tuner who you WANT to tune your car and then ask him. I have met a tuner that doesn't tune AEM, Haltech and now since ProEFI is getting out there, they are jumping on that too.

Example, Nenni is one of the best tuners around but he has a cost and tunes pretty much anything, AEM for sure. Don't let "flying in a tuner cost money" get to you as a lot of big name guys will go to a shop and tune at a flat cost for certain cars.

Example, Alpha has been up here May, June and now August and he has been booked up every time. Get the tuner you want but you can't go wrong with AEM, everyone and their grandmas know it. The newest software is so simple, it's unbelievable.

I think sound performance in Chicago is the best localish tuner for supras. I'm not sure what St. Louis has for tuners I'm pretty new to the scene here. Is it worth starting a thread about standalones or has it been done before?

Edit: I decided to bot be a dumb dumb and used the search button. I found there is one sticky in the standalone section that shows many types of standalones but no thread devoted to comparison and contrast of all standalone systems for mk3 supra. I'm only interested in 1jz stuff, however I think a thread that has input from people who have first hand experience with different systems would be helpful to the community and hopefully answer a lot of questions.

Last edited:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Another one bites the dust... Caught this thread pretty late haha. But I'm actually quite surprised that you're steering away from the 7M, especially when you seemed to really fancy it. Thought it was 7M all the way huh? What happen??!! JK JK LOL, I know there's a lot of jz guys in this thread, I'm not trying to start a Charmander war. Sucks about the BHG man. Add another to the 7M hate list I assume? LOL.

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Turbo Habanero;1865942 said:
I got it from Emmy, Seemed like a pretty good guy ?

yea he's a good guy, i bought my 2jzge off him for cheap.. emmy and i put the usdm water pump on that 1j... thought he was guna put it in his 280z or s14.. i forget.. but now shes yours best of luck man!

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Just inspect it, pull the pan off, wiggle the Rods, look to make sure everything is sound. Do a compression test, that all you need to do.

Tearing it down is only gonna cost more $$$

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
p1866338_1.jpg

p1866338_2.jpg

p1866338_3.jpg

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Don't worry i'm not gonna give up just yet lol Rebuild time or at least tear down and Cleaning Job but curious on what or how i should go about the head gasket.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
FRONT
p1866361_1.jpg

BACK
p1866361_2.jpg

Intake Side
p1866361_3.jpg

Exhaust Side
p1866361_4.jpg

Anyone know what i need to do with this hold on the rear sump?
p1866361_5.jpg

p1866361_6.jpg

Calling it a night pulling head tomorrow in the afternoon
p1866361_7.jpg

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Turbo Habanero;1866360 said:
Don't worry i'm not gonna give up just yet lol Rebuild time or at least tear down and Cleaning Job but curious on what or how i should go about the head gasket.

Give Aaron a call at driftmotion http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-1jzenginegasketset.php