Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Turbo Habanero;1865852 said:
if you can get rid of the twins when the motor is out of the car i'd go for it because once there in it's a PITA ill be running a stock ecu for awhile with my single.

That was my philosophy, cash would be the only thing to hold me back. What are you running for injectors and are you going to tune it?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Jordan,

Don't be a wuss when doing the swap. Degrease everything. Sand, Prime and paint it white. It will look sick as white flows with pink, purple and a load of colors that can be used as accents in the bay.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1865864 said:
I highly advise you to get a standalone off the bat. These ECU fight with you for everything especially when you add cams.
what do you think about the mines ecu ?

I'm going standalone ASAP hen money permits sir

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1865862 said:
Jordan,

Don't be a wuss when doing the swap. Degrease everything. Sand, Prime and paint it white. It will look sick as white flows with pink, purple and a load of colors that can be used as accents in the bay.

You think I should do the bay white instead of black ?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ofcourse.

Why in the world would you do it in black? My friend with his 240sx did his in black when his car is white and it's the only thing I don't like.

It would look better, 100% better. Black just doesn't do anything. People like it because it hides the dust but white just looks good.

A black engine bay belongs in........a black car.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
I'll need to look into doing a standalone. I might just swap it and keep it bone stock until spring when I get more monies saved up. Time to go apply for jobs again.

Not to thread Jack but Andy what budget friendly systems would you reccomend? A standalone is nothing to skimp on but I need the beat bang for my buck

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
DOUBL3 D;1865883 said:
I'll need to look into doing a standalone. I might just swap it and keep it bone stock until spring when I get more monies saved up. Time to go apply for jobs again.

Not to thread Jack but Andy what budget friendly systems would you reccomend? A standalone is nothing to skimp on but I need the beat bang for my buck

Proefi 48. Great box for the price. $750 for the ecu

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
DOUBL3 D;1865883 said:

Ask a local tuner what he prefers to tune on.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Turbo Habanero;1865877 said:
Okay I'm convinced ill go with white

Stay white.

And don't use the SAFC. Put 4440s in with a AFPR and just lower the base pressure by like 10psi. The 1jz ecus tend to run fat. (10.0afr) mine ran at 11.5afr with tweaking the regulator.

I wouldn't trust the mines ecu

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
DOUBL3 D;1865982 said:
You still need sensors and what not though correct? It's not plug and play either (not sure if anything is for a 1jz)

Edit, I don't want to thread jack so if anybody has input feel free to pm me
. I honestly don't mind I think good info should be spread as much as possible.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
DOUBL3 D;1865982 said:
You still need sensors and what not though correct? It's not plug and play either (not sure if anything is for a 1jz)

Edit, I don't want to thread jack so if anybody has input feel free to pm me

Stinger is plug and play but by the time you add everything up the 48 may not be the cheapest deal, but its the better deal, you will only spend maybe $400 more going with the 48...