Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Zumtizzle;1866366 said:
With as fucked as that motor looks, I'd do everything!

And the hole in the pan is an Oil Level Sensor.

full engine gasket kit
main bearings
rod bearings
piston rings
oil pump
wrist pin bushings
valve job

anything else i should do ?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Do you have the option to take this thing back to the guy who sold it to you? Seems like he didn't want anything to do with it. Probably had sand in it and he tried to take the bolt off and couldnt because they stripped and then sold it to you.

If not, you will need to drill down the center and break each off. I will find the thread.

EDIT: Here you go.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...t-strip-2jz-headbolts-how-to-fix-it-if-you-do

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1866518 said:
Do you have the option to take this thing back to the guy who sold it to you? Seems like he didn't want anything to do with it. Probably had sand in it and he tried to take the bolt off and couldnt because they stripped and then sold it to you.

If not, you will need to drill down the center and break each off. I will find the thread.

yeah taking it back is not a option. drilling them out seems like the only option now.. ugh what a pain oh well that life

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Don't you guys have guns in AZ......................................................................................................................................................................................

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
IBoughtASupra;1866521 said:
Don't you guys have guns in AZ......................................................................................................................................................................................

only about 95% of us lol

jordan that sucks about your engine. want a f-ed 2jzge bottom end?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1866521 said:

p1866525_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Jordan,

It wasn't a used engine. It was used when it came from Japan. Now it is pretty much junk that you were sold. Go back and talk to the guy. Someone else was there and tried to use the torx tool to remove those studs and that's most likely the reason they are stripped.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1866770 said:
Jordan,

It wasn't a used engine. It was used when it came from Japan. Now it is pretty much junk that you were sold. Go back and talk to the guy. Someone else was there and tried to use the torx tool to remove those studs and that's most likely the reason they are stripped.

I gave the guy a call unfortunately he already used the money to pay his house payment lol.

He's a nice guy and said he'd try and help out but its whatever i don't expect much.

I'm sure the engine is still able to be rebuilt. How much does a avg stock rebuild cost on these motor you think (Just Curious)?

Maybe after some serious cleaning it won't be so bad some new gaskets and a good inspection of the oil pump bearings and crank maybe not much will need to be replaced.