ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
It's a tough call...

But

You've had her like this for this long... can you not wait it out a bit longer and get it all done at the same time when you have the monies???

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
ForcedTorque;1214612 said:
Today, I will be swapping the clutch master..........Wish me luck!

Yesterday, I paid a visit to the body shop, and discussed a few options. He had told me before that we could actually paint the car in sections if I wanted to. So, my reason for going was to see what it would cost to paint the rear bumper, mold in the Bomex rears, and paint them too. I know I can't paint the whole car yet, but I'd like to try to work towards getting it all Red, even if the reds don't quite match.

He then started spitting out some offers. He said he would have to check into what the best product for molding in the bomex would be. He would send the bumper to be stripped and prepped and paint it for $350, but said there would be more for material to do the molding. As I type this, I wonder........isn't our bumper fiberglass? This shouldn't be to hard. But fiberglass to metal will be different, when I do the sides.

His next idea, and the one I liked, was to do most of the minor body work, and primer the whole car. He said that they now use a urethane primer and clear over it. The cost for this would be about $750. Then when I could, painting over it, would be about $1000. I didn't ask, but I'm sure sending the bumpers, and molding the rest of the Bomex will add to that. The only drawback to this plan is that my first car was primer grey, and I sort of have a fondness. That would kill motivation. He guaranties that his primer job would look better than a $500 paint job at the spray and glow across the street. Should I or should I not go this route??????? My financial position will not allow a full good paint job at this point, and I will NOT settle for less.

Good primer (activated urethane/epoxy) don't really need to be cleared over, they don't soak up water like lacquer primers do_Our bumpers are urethane not 'glass,and don't really need to be stripped down all the way bare unless they have spider cracks in the paint,(if there are cracks in the paint,and you don't go all the way to the plastic they WILL come back to haunt you.)As far as molding the ground effects in I can recommend this product:
p1214732_1.jpg

Just "glue" the parts together and do the little bit of bodywork as you normally would right over it.I have used this on 20+ cars,over the past 8 years and have yet to have an issue with it,in any way.It will bond metal, 'glass,and plastic and is unbelievably strong.Did my trim,door handles,and ground effects several years/miles ago and have not even the slightest crack in any of it yet.
p1214732_2.jpg

p1214732_3.jpg

p1214732_4.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, you've seen my car and it cost me $1200.00 to paint it with materials and labor. I have a guy that has stopped by a few times wanting to paint it for me this next time. He said it will be about fifteen hundred dollars to get it prepped and painted. I am also going to go with the rear skirts and get them molded in, but I'm not going with the sideskirts. Hopefully this will look as good as my first paint job and even better since it'll have the whale tail and the rear skirts.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I have a draw to find too, I just disconnected batt for winter and its like 7 degrees out so I'm saving that treat for later.

I would wait until you can do the whole thing on paint, the last thing you want is some shit in the under layers, or solvent in underlayers when they have to clean it up to paint.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes!

All I asked for was to have a day where I could do some work on my car. I was able to get my spark plugs swapped out. Then, I spent time working on putting my engine bay back together. I re-installed my timing cover and the coil pack cover that had been taken off getting the bugs worked out. I also installed my fan shroud that Noah got me a while back. So here is the most complete shot of the bay yet. If it weren't for the red silicone vacuum lines, I think it would look pretty damn close to stock. If you look close, you will see that I laid my Oil Catch Can in where the cruise module used to go. I wish I had cruise, so that may or may not be where the can gets installed.

p1231746_1.jpg

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ForcedTorque;1231746 said:
Thank you for all of the Birthday wishes!

All I asked for was to have a day where I could do some work on my car. I was able to get my spark plugs swapped out. Then, I spent time working on putting my engine bay back together. I re-installed my timing cover and the coil pack cover that had been taken off getting the bugs worked out. I also installed my fan shroud that Noah got me a while back. So here is the most complete shot of the bay yet. If it weren't for the red silicone vacuum lines, I think it would look pretty damn close to stock. If you look close, you will see that I laid my Oil Catch Can in where the cruise module used to go. I wish I had cruise, so that may or may not be where the can gets installed.

p1231753_1.jpg

MMM looking so good!
Hope you had a good one. Did you make any money?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Happy Birthday Scott. I meant to send you a pm earlier today but I got sidetracked. I hope you had a great day.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
jugodegolf;1231753 said:
MMM looking so good!
Hope you had a good one. Did you make any money?

Funny story about that George. I basically stayed on the penny and nickel slots all day. I lost just about all of the $80 I took to play around with, and then I won $76 on one spin. That put me about $5 to the good. I decided I would not lose money, but i was gonna keep playing to see what else happened. I left with a days total of winning 7 cents.

Nobody noticed that I have a new vented passenger headlight cover. Yea for more grey! Well at least both headlight covers now match each other in color.

suprahero;1232016 said:
Happy Birthday Scott. I meant to send you a pm earlier today but I got sidetracked. I hope you had a great day.

I was gonna try to call you today myself. I was gonna tell you that I sold the door handles to Carlos Estrella just before you sent the money. You also sent it to the wrong address, so I will have to refuse it there. If they weren't sold, you know there is no way in hell I would charge you for them anyway. As a matter of fact, if you need them, You can have either of the passenger handles I still have.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's o.k. Scott. I'm having my car repainted and he pointed out that my drivers side door handle was brokedededed. It's o.k. like it is though. I'm going to have about two quarts of paint left over, so I can fix it at another time. Thanks though.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well today I finally bit the bullet and bought my car a full clutch kit. I got the Stage 3 Action 6-puck set up from Driftmotion......Of Course! Aaron is the Bomb Dizzildy! I also got the braided clutch line replacement, the short one, not the full length. It doesn't swell like the stock rubber hose. I'm so tired of clutch problems. I just hope the car will make it long enough for shipping and money saving time to get it installed. That's one thing that I am just not going to put my neck through.

On a smaller note, I also bought a new positive battery cable and terminal locally today. That's the one thing that I haven't had tested, and been told it was fine. My starting issues now seem to be somewhat related to Cold weather. It was warm for a week and a half, and gave me not one problem, until it dipped back down to the mid 30's. I think now that it either the battery cable, or the starter itself. It just passed the tests at a rebuild shop while I was gonna pay the guy to rebuild it. Anybody have a spare Threaded starter that they want to sell?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
My clutch arrived today! I've been in the bed 24 hours a day since 5PM Tuesday when I got off work. If I had any strength right now, I'd post pics. But you guys are gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm out of the bed, but not out of the woods yet. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. It's basically a very rough migraine headache, accompanied by a sinus infection. I haven't eaten much at all since Tuesday.

The irony of it is, I went to my doctor for my neck/nerve problems, and he asked me if I had been having any headaches. I told him NO, but then this shit hit me by the time I got to work from there, and hasn't given up yet.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1240613 said:
My clutch arrived today! I've been in the bed 24 hours a day since 5PM Tuesday when I got off work. If I had any strength right now, I'd post pics. But you guys are gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm out of the bed, but not out of the woods yet. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. It's basically a very rough migraine headache, accompanied by a sinus infection. I haven't eaten much at all since Tuesday.

The irony of it is, I went to my doctor for my neck/nerve problems, and he asked me if I had been having any headaches. I told him NO, but then this shit hit me by the time I got to work from there, and hasn't given up yet.

Damn! Maybe you should call the doctor back and tell him about the headache. Get that neck fixed!!! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I'm at home with the flu, and so is my daughter, and my son. It's good times over here.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
The doc did set me up an appointment with a surgeon. He said he feels like the surgeon will agree that it is not quite bad enough for surgery. It was my goal this trip to let him know I am very tired of living this way. The pills keep the pain at a somewhat tolerable level, but they also keep me a zombie mentally. It's no way to live. I don't really want surgery, but I wanted to get something else out of him. Looks like he has no other options shy of surgery.