ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Pictures tomorrow to show why this car is officially getting parted out. The new car is still on the trailer. I just got back from a 25 1/2 hour non stop trip. My new car is sexy as hell!!!!!!!!

***EDIT***

Maybe just one, I can't help it. I have some more building to do.

p1310428_1.jpg

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter;1310598 said:
Damn that looks so good!!!!!!

Time for a new thread.

Goodbye Frankensupra......:sadwavey:

I will sell off most of Frank, but I have too much invested to throw away when it is over. Frank will probably be saved for a future build.

A new thread will be stared very soon. I have no help here at the moment to get it off the trailer. Gotta start a part out before a new thread, but not in here. I wanted to post here first to give my friends a head start on parts.

Mk3runner;1310605 said:
Going to the solid color delight dark side huh. Join us friend!

I'm going to use proceeds from the part out to try to get my bumpers and Bomex painted before swapping them over.

buckshotglass;1310611 said:
Awesome man. This will save you tons of time and $$. Tell me you didn't run a strap across the hood of the car..:p

Strap across the hood came off the hood at the next stop. This pic was taken of just a couple of miles from David Z's house. By the next stop, I saw the error in that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm dead beat today Noah, but maybe next week. I have an aweful lot of work to do before this car is road worthy. He had it taken apart for paint for reasons unknown. There's a small clearcoat spot on the hood that is gone. And he wanted to spray the bay and hatch area. Many parts are on the car with no bolts in them. Nothing I can't fix, but it will all have to be played with. I have to swap in my gas tank, and what I have to work with under there scares me. But I have a whole system to pull parts from.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow, new shell looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

I will be very sad though not to see Frankensupra in your sig :(:(:(

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
Great find Scott the car nice ,new carpet and the interior will be perfect . I love the shadow grey and the apexi gauges top it off. Can't wait to see it when its finished!!!!!!!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I have a black carpet over the top of the grey in my Frankensupra. I'm not sure if it is molded, but it fits perfectly. I love the quietness of the 2 carpets. I'm thinking about swapping it into the new car. I kinda like the idea of black carpet and grey mats.

So, How much do you like the Apex-i gauges? They are for sale in the thread below.

subscription.php

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter;1311081 said:
I wished I was closer so I could help. Kinda jealous at the moment. I'm not feeling the battery location though or the gauges in the glove box. Thinking you should keep the exterior appearance stock looking also.

I stared a fight last night with that relocated battery, and stripped out engine fuse block. I can't get power into the car yet. It wouldn't be mine if it was easy I guess. And 3 of the 4 parts in the glove box are for sale already.

suprahero;1311084 said:
Car looks great Scott. The only thing that might make it look better would be.........more blue.

It is the brightest shade of "Screw you COP" I have seen.

bhmsupra;1313229 said:
Looks Good Scott. Looks really good. Such potential here and I know the car is in good hands. Cant wait to see progress and the machine in person.

We may just have matching odometers when that happens. This car has under 100K like yours. I can't remember your mileage exactly, but I know it's not much.

I guess it's time to start a new build thread. I have out of town big wigs in town to see me and my 1 man operation for their company. So, this may be my only work time on today ( I doubt it). So new build may be later this evening.

***HINT*** The car was once known as a "Fast Toy", and it won't ever have that kind of power again. This build is going to be ForcedTorque's Slick and Quick build.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
ForcedTorque;1310760 said:

Is that really what shadow gray looks like? Because it looks a helluva lot like my interior, but people have told me mine is only dark gray because mine is a 88 and shadow only came on 91-92's... hmm...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I pulled the 90 model grey rear panels out of my 89 yesterday. I gan get a comparison picture. Shades are not always perfect through a camera. This interior is definitely darker than any grey cloth I have ever seen.