ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I finally got my new shell today! Now I'm a true member of the 3E5 group, although it more resembles pink at the moment. Tooqkwik needs to PM me on some buffing techniques. TooStand was the Excellent seller on this one, all the props in the world go to him. He made sure that the car had everything that I didn't have in order to put it back together. He even brought a good dash, and a set of good door panels to put in it as well. Now, I have a lot of work to do.

As for pictures, these are the first pictures he sent me of the car, in it's current state. It turned dark as we were unloading it off his trailer, so I haven't taken any yet. Don't worry tho, I have a new camera, and will be taking large amounts of pics as I go along. I will post a comment before most of these pics.

Missing the driver's rear quarter Glass (ya he brought one of those)

p482650_1.jpg

Car has very few door dings........and sawblades all around now:puke:

p482650_2.jpg

Not gonna like the holes from the tag here

p482650_3.jpg

GOOOOD Lookin Steering Wheel

p482650_4.jpg

Nice grey cloth Seats - Will be for Sale, as I will use my better lookin Leather

p482650_5.jpg

Cracked dash - but I now have a good one to swap in

p482650_6.jpg

Nice Driver Door Panel - Now has switches

p482650_7.jpg

Passenger Door Panel - but he brought me a replacement, gotta swap it

Engine compartment - almost complete, and I have everything else it needs. I'll have to clean it a good bit before installing.

p482650_8.jpg

Damaged core Support - from engine pull. Will let the body man fix that

p482650_9.jpg

Rear Bumper is Bad - will use my grey one for now. The hatch and spoiler will also be grey for a while, because this hatch is rusted. He had sold the tail lights and spoiler.

p482650_10.jpg

Dorifto stickers cover the windshield, and rear bumper

p482650_11.jpg

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Red...........What were you thinking.....:3d_frown:

JK... I'm sure it's going to awesome when you get done..Keep us up dated.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
p482844_1.jpg

You found my dream Scott an endless field of Supra parts...lol

Cant wait to see this project unfold. I personally would just consider putting all your parts from your other car on and then a paint job. That paint looks pretty far gone for buffing and polishing but if anyone could help you bring it back mr 2kwik (AKA Red Bastard Smurf Killer) :icon_bigg is your man. I personally will be glued to this build thread and I cant wait to see your finished ROTM winner. Good luck!!!
Ryan

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
da89soup said:
p482862_1.jpg

You found my dream Scott an endless field of Supra parts...lol

Cant wait to see this project unfold. I personally would just consider putting all your parts from your other car on and then a paint job. That paint looks pretty far gone for buffing and polishing but if anyone could help you bring it back mr 2kwik (AKA Red Bastard Smurf Killer) :icon_bigg is your man. I personally will be glued to this build thread and I cant wait to see your finished ROTM winner. Good luck!!!
Ryan

Check out my "JDM Tyte Yo" Japanese Liscence plate on the right side. I might leave that. Opinions?????

Ya........I don't know if Mike wants me telling how many are in that field. Let's just say they are not all pictured, and he is going to go get another soon.

And, with a grey hatch and bumper, I will have to paint it anyway, regaurdless of how it would buff out. I just want it to clean up as best it can so it will look decent until I can afford the paint I want. I have some other stuff to do today, but I'm gonna see if I can't get the motor out of the grey car. Jim helped me get the radiator out of the way when he was here this morning. Maybe I won't have to cut it out.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
ForcedTorque said:
Check out my "JDM Tyte Yo" Japanese Liscence plate on the right side. I might leave that. Opinions?????

If you keep it I would center it back where it belongs and then rock it!!! It all depends on if in Bama you only need the back plate???? In ND no front plate=ticket.....:3d_frown:

But ya the plate needs to come off or be moved you would get some crap for it when running for ROTM for sure......lol. As far as the holes go thats what the putty is for my friend. It looks like a solid rust free car that will require very little body work so score for you.

Im sure you have done it already but I would check for water in the rear quarters asap!!!

Later

rs4buddy

Apr 8, 2006
EArth
looks familiar, looks like one of the mk3's for sale here before, with the 1j =) did you buy it???? just wondering. glad to see you back on the tanks again!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, Yes it was for sale on "Earth" before. But, I bought it from TooStand in Kentucky. I believe he said he got it out of Florida, sometime within the last year. He didn't mention a 1JZ, but it could well have been. Damn It, I coulda had a 1j.

It's not back on the road yet, but it won't be long. I have found that I do need a turbo side motor mount AGAIN! I replaced that mount the night before the wreck. Anybody got one.....round style?

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Here's some new pics that show some of what was done over the weekend. What I'm quickly finding out is.........Building a stripped car back with quality in mind, is way more time comsuming that stripping a car down.

So far, I have removed and replaced the Hatch, added Tail lights, Spoiler, Body Moldings, Mirrors, Fuel Door, Trunk Floor, Power Antenna, and my rear speakers. I removed the rear body side piece that was broken, and replaced it. I added in good hatch struts, and replaced the hatch latch. I also removed all the plastic parts from the entire hatch area, and removed the back seat. None of these parts can go back in yet, as I need to still have access to the rear bumper bolts. And, I put a piece of glass in the open hole. It's not completely installed, but at least keeping out most water (I hope).

p484081_1.jpg

p484081_2.jpg

p484081_3.jpg

p484081_4.jpg

And, Here's a little more of what I did this weekend............

p484081_5.jpg

p484081_6.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, I will check to see if I have the motor mount tomorrow. Hopefully I do, but I know one of mine was broke when I took it off of the block.

I know Tookwiks car is beautiful and he know how to make red shine, but for the money, it's hard to question Mattjk's ability to make a red shine also. Here is his thread and where to get the was and polish that he uses............. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19091

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
FT, looks like it got rear-ended by another dorifto-stickered windshield. looks like the build is coming along great.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
ForcedTorque said:
Well, Yes it was for sale on "Earth" before. But, I bought it from TooStand in Kentucky. I believe he said he got it out of Florida, sometime within the last year. He didn't mention a 1JZ, but it could well have been. Damn It, I coulda had a 1j.

It's not back on the road yet, but it won't be long. I have found that I do need a turbo side motor mount AGAIN! I replaced that mount the night before the wreck. Anybody got one.....round style?
who is toostand in KY? I was going to post that I know where there are about 15 or so supras in Campton b4 I read this post. Is it Mike? Its quite a thrill to go somewhere and see that many supra worth of parts. I have gotten many from him.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
p484473_1.jpg

Um!!! Scott there is a Nissan in your back yard and to make it worse its Red. Scott you got some splainen to do.........:biglaugh:

Your new car looks so much better whole!!!! It really looks like its coming along well. The old car is kinda sad though!!! It must kill you to have to strip it like that???

I am so glued to this thread and I cant wait until the new car is running under its own power...:icon_bigg