ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

irocznissan

May 28, 2006
nj
wow that place where u got it from looks like paradise. wit all those mkIII's. where is that located. i want 1. lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
mk3forme said:
who is toostand in KY? I was going to post that I know where there are about 15 or so supras in Campton b4 I read this post. Is it Mike? Its quite a thrill to go somewhere and see that many supra worth of parts. I have gotten many from him.

Yes, TooStand is Mike from Campton. One hell of a guy!

Um!!! Scott there is a Nissan in your back yard and to make it worse its Red. Scott you got some splainen to do.........:biglaugh:

Your new car looks so much better whole!!!! It really looks like its coming along well. The old car is kinda sad though!!! It must kill you to have to strip it like that???

I am so glued to this thread and I cant wait until the new car is running under its own power...:icon_bigg

Well the 240 was bought for my son who just turned 16. It has a sr20, and a Ka24. I was gonn build it for him, but it's not a Supra, so I'm lost. It is currently for sale, and I'm gonna find him an N/A Supra

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Yeah Mike has alot of cars. I think he has gotten rid of some since I was last there. And im only an hour away. Its very helpful when I need something and he has it.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Man am I late on this thread, nice to see you are already at it man!!! I got some rubbing compounds and polishing compound from the detailers I work with, but I'm sure that Zaino is the shit, matt's car looks awesome. Toostand has a shitload of Supras, damn!! I was taking off mouldings this weekend for the paint job, I got the top and corner ones off the rear 1/4 glass, then found you have to pull the glass and reseal just to get the rest of the bottom/front piece off....f-that. You have the 89+, turbo, targa, once you do the leather .....same exact cars except mine is auto! Keep up with the pics!!!!

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
ForcedTorque said:
Yes, TooStand is Mike from Campton. One hell of a guy!

Well the 240 was bought for my son who just turned 16. It has a sr20, and a Ka24. I was gonn build it for him, but it's not a Supra, so I'm lost. It is currently for sale, and I'm gonna find him an N/A Supra
would you trade the 240 for my N/A supra? i've been in the market for one. does it run though?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
thechori said:
would you trade the 240 for my N/A supra? i've been in the market for one. does it run though?

Yes, I would consider a trade for the N/A! The 240 isn't currently running. But, both motors were purchased as low mileage running engines. You would just need to put the pieces together and install it in the car.

Is the N/A running? Your profile says BHG.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
ForcedTorque said:
Yes, I would consider a trade for the N/A! The 240 isn't currently running. But, both motors were purchased as low mileage running engines. You would just need to put the pieces together and install it in the car.

Is the N/A running? Your profile says BHG.
yes the car is running, but it has a few problems (cold start injector isn't working properly, and the car is using coolant pretty quickly). honestly i put that the car had a BHG as a joke because the car was using coolant and i got frustrated, lol.. but i'm pretty sure that the car does not have a BHG. is there a way i can talk to you without whoring this thread like aim or something? mine's [thechori], just msg me whenever i'm always on

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
MDCmotorsports said:
Im looking for a gutted rolling hard top. With a lsd. Trans or no trans. No engine, no fuel tank, no engine, no dash, no interior, no glass except for rear hatch.

Got one around?
you need to get a hold of Mike in Campton KY. I know he has something you can use!! Get his number from forcetorque

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
MDCmotorsports said:
Im looking for a gutted rolling hard top. With a lsd. Trans or no trans. No engine, no fuel tank, no engine, no dash, no interior, no glass except for rear hatch.

Got one around?
I got one to fit almost that description. But, I have sold the LSD out of it. I wouldn't want much for it. BUt, as MK3 forme said, TooStand may be a better bet for you.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
were you still interested in the trade? because i was wondering if the car would come with all needed to swap in the sr20

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I have finally done a little more work. Today, I stripped out the good looking grey cloth seats, and vaccuumed out the car so I can start out clean. I'm not really sure what this carpet is. It looks to me like it could be Shadow grey carpet. It appears to be cut just like stock carpet, but it was added on top of the original lighter grey carpet. I think I'm going to keep it, and the grey underneath. I'm sure that will deliver a quiet ride, and look good along the way. Here's a shot, with a few tools in the way. Note****The dash was also pulled today.

p489986_1.jpg

Here's a close up of my steering wheel. It's the best looking used Supra wheel I have seen. I love my new wheel!

p489986_2.jpg

And, Here's what the car looked like when I got through today. I got the new dash installed. I had 3 dashes to play around with today. I had the bad one from this car, the bad one from my grey car, and the good one that I got in the deal with TooStand..........I love that guy! (No, not in a blue way). I also investigated wether I would be able to use my current wiring harness in this car. But, the only way to do that would be to change the entire body harness, and I'm not doing that. There's no gauranty that that body harness would match eveything in the car. So, I will search for another motor harness. I think I can get one pretty quick from a buddy.

p489986_3.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Quoted by Forced Torque"and the good one that I got in the deal with TooStand..........I love that guy! (No, not in a blue way). "

You got some splaining to do......................:biglaugh:

You did a great job on that interior Scott. It looks awesome. I've always loved the gray interior and exterior. It even looks pretty good in a red supra................:evil2:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
tookwik4u89 said:
Splainin'......LOL....we ALL know what that means;)

What!!! Just because us Blues can express emotion and love for our fellow Supra brothern is no reason to stereotype us!!!!:biglaugh:

Scott the Red car is really starting to look nice. Now get that bitch on the road so I can ride in it in at the first annual Da Soup is coming to Birmingham meet...lol. No preasure by the way!!! :icon_razz