ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Damn Scott, Aaron has what's left of my wiring harness. I know where a car is though at the junkyard up here. I don't know if it's been cut yet, but I will go take a look for you. It's an 88 automatic turbo. I got the transmission out of it a while back. I'll call them Monday and see what they say about it. I know I can get the motor mount for you. I will pick it up monday if I can get them to either pull it or let me go out there and pull it. What's a fair price for a motor mount? Which side did you need? I'll make sure mine isn't broken first............lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I need the passenger side mount, but with round mounts, I don't know if it makes a difference......... Anybody know?

As for the wiring harness, I have a buddy in Atlanta that's coming to see me this week. I think I can get it from him, but haven't asked yet. He's bringing me a brand new front bumper, and the title to the 240..............and I'm giving him my driver door, fender, and roof. Also some other little parts he needs (starter relay, battery cables) Maybe I can get a harness in the deal. It's an early 89, so maybe the 88 will work. But it is grey plugged.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
You should leave the paints mismatching. Swap a qp with your gray car if you can. Then build it up. People will get way more pissed that their 10k Pusstang just lost to a 20 year old car they've never heard of with mismatched paint.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque said:
I need the passenger side mount, but with round mounts, I don't know if it makes a difference......... Anybody know?

As for the wiring harness, I have a buddy in Atlanta that's coming to see me this week. I think I can get it from him, but haven't asked yet. He's bringing me a brand new front bumper, and the title to the 240..............and I'm giving him my driver door, fender, and roof. Also some other little parts he needs (starter relay, battery cables) Maybe I can get a harness in the deal. It's an early 89, so maybe the 88 will work. But it is grey plugged.
Round mounts will not fit the 87-88 crossmember,only the square.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
No, Looking for a late 88 Grey plugged wiring harness or early 89. The harness I have is for late 89 and up. It has one more plug than what my early 89 car has. I'm not even exactly sure that late 88 will fit, or if there even is a "late" 88.

I have 3-4 sets of square mounts. And the round mount I need is the one I replaced the night before I wrecked my car, and broke it again. $50 for a day's work.....Yipee! I've had women that cost less!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
^^^ Scott thats why I think the car needs to stay Red!!! (God help You!!:biglaugh:) I Just think that you need to move on from the old car and start fresh. This Red car is reall coming along well and I think with all the hard work you will have in it you will love it even more than the Grey car??? Keep up the good work!!!:icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
MKIII N00b said:
where is this supra heaven located? and how come he hasnt parted any of them out?

Supra Heaven is in Campton , Ky. He's got a farm many miles from normal civilization, from what I can gather. Supras seem to have the privacy enough to multiply there.

He parts them constantly on ebay. His ebay name is Glenna and some numbers I can't recall. This car was being parted, which made it more attractive for me, since I had most of what is needed to revive it

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
They usually sell for anywhere between $125 and $150. I can't do pricing for Mike, but you can PM him. He's TooStand here. I priced mine at $150 in my part out, and luckily, they didn't sell before I got my shell.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Yes, the 89+Tail lights and 3-piece spoiler are very pricey. It's because they are highly sought after by many people with the 86-88. It's supply and demand pure and simple. I saw an auction for a set of 86-88's that couldn't even get $20.