ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott 1
caution to the wind 0

You can always go and just watch them race Scott. When you go to a football game, you don't put on pads.........:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Oh, but I want to. The problem is, I'd have to go play with the 5th graders. I went to the Satsuma high school game the other night, and was intimidated by the size of the kids on the other team as I was on the field on senior night with my son. Then, when Satsuma came out, I realized how small Baker was. Satsuma is not even one of the bigger teams.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
ForcedTorque;1170985 said:
wideband is back Noah, but it still doesn't do shit! I want to throw it out the window. All I get is 111,222,111,222. I'm wondering if the sensor is bad.

i forget what settings are on the back of the display, but do you have it set right?
also, do you have it connected correctly?

the AEM is supposed to go through those numbers on start up, as it loads.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Once again, I had to find a ride to work this morning. The rigging done by Ricky and Tim on my starter has now let me down twice. I guess I need to start looking for another starter.

I'm getting very tired of messing with this car. Anybody want a highly modded car that needs paint and a little tweaking? I'd probably trade it for a stock unmolested clean good running car.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1176293 said:
Once again, I had to find a ride to work this morning. The rigging done by Ricky and Tim on my starter has now let me down twice. I guess I need to start looking for another starter.

I'm getting very tired of messing with this car. Anybody want a highly modded car that needs paint and a little tweaking? I'd probably trade it for a stock unmolested clean good running car.

Well you did see all those supras last week on your little clutch break in cruise. Now I'm not advocating you to trade because you've come so far with this car.

What kind of starter rigging is done? Is it the starter or wiring that's the problem?

Hang in there Scott!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It is the place on the starter where the harness plug fits into. That broke off, and they ran a wire out of the solenoid to connect to the harness. That has a good connection, so I'm guessing that where they ran that wire from has a problem in the solenoid. Last time I fooled with it, it started right after I made sure there was a good connection on the outside. I must have disturbed the connection on the inside enough to make connection. This time, that wouldn't even work. Maybe whenever I get more time to work on it, I can get it to crank again, but I'm not gonna live with it like that. I've got to find another starter, and threaded is the only way I want to go.

Since typing what I did, I have been thinking. If I did a part out of this car, I could probably go get that 92, or at least the 89 with a rebuilt motor and bad tranny. My motor (put back stock) in that 92 would make me very happy. Or, I could sell all of my goodies and buy the 89 with a good motor, and then use my motor in that 87 if it was cheap enough. I have a lot of money tied up in brand new upgrades that I have yet to be able to figure out how to make them mesh. I feel like I am Pete with Lucy. That is exactly where he was.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I haven't given up yet, just getting a little frustrated. It would be nice if I could just jump in it, and not have anything to worry about. It's always something, but I guess even with another Supra, there will always be something, and what I was talking about would bring on more work than swapping a starter. I called that pawn shop with the 87-88, and was told it was the owners car, and not for sale. I really want to go ask about the 92 though. It doesn't need paint at all.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I hear ya on being frustrated! Mine is being a gigantical pita too! And she also has a fubarred starter... Not cool when we have 4 cars in the driveway, and I need to quickly move her :(

Just stick it out... You will feel so much better driving something you have put your blood, sweat and tears into, as opposed to something else! :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
any updates Scott, or have you been to busy celebrating the demolition of the LSU kittens........:biglaugh:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ways to solve said problems. 7mge and W58...or 1 or 2jz :p
I've got a lot of NA parts but don't think the starter is the same. Its also from an 87 :/

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
As a matter of fact, there is an update. I came in and ate and took a shower before posting this. BUT, She lives again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The repair guy said that the soldering job had come undone. He also said this starter has Plenty of life left in it.