Checked out head to toe!!!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
So I'm in the big easy at a light. I look to the right and this lady is checking my car out from head to toe. She sees me, rolls her window down and asks what kind of car? I tell her she nods, and I ask do I get the thumbs up. She says oh yes. I love red.

Just curious how often the rest of you guys/gals get checked out.:naughty:

More stories welcome.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I find myself walking out to my car and people are posing with it a fairly regular sight when I'm out and about. I've had many people ask what it is and checking it out at lights. It's an awesome feeling!

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I havent gotten a single compliment yet, except from one old receptionist at the Dentist Office said she bought one new in '88, but no real compliments when im out an about. I always figured it was because its a Pre89 even i admit they arent as eye appealing at Post89's, but i still love the old school look. Lol i have been told the car is ugly, and that i should convert to Post89 body parts but those are usually from local Supra guys.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
with my white car, at a gas station, some dude selling some car wax in a can (works pretty damn well, by the way http://www.fw1shine.com ) asked me if it was twin turbo, I told him it was N/A but going to be swapped soon, saw him again a month later, the day after my 7MGTE swap and told him "told you I wasn't kidding", gave me a thumbs up.

Another guy selling the same stuff at another gas station near my parents' house asked if it was 1JZ, I told him it's an NA swapped to a 7MGTE and he told me it was cool and he liked the kit/lip I had on it, and how his dad used to have one, and asked if I wanted to sell it...

no compliments on my black/blue cars yet though...:(

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
The first experiance of that kind was when i registrated the car in my country. Three of the workers came to inspect it(usualy only one does it). They "inspected" it from outside to inside. Also, asked questions, that are not related to registration:D. We'll it's o.k. , because Supra's are pretty rare here. Also, i get a lot of looks from pedestrians and other drivers when i'm on the road. At least one driver per day tries to race me from the light. When a car is parked at my home, i see a lot of people stoping to see it up close. It's a nice feeling. But not all understand why i payed such a sum of cash for a 92 car :D.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I would get comments every once in a while, though rarely did people stop to take a closer look. Then again, my car wasn't the prettiest example of an 88, even when it was running. I will admit to having spent some time eyeing a good looking brunette I saw in an 89+ a while back. I do love a good looking woman in a good looking car...

Who

Supramania Contributor
I went to grab a pizza at a local shopping center and they were having a domestic car show. Somebody yelled out "Look a rice burner". I dared not make eye contact. I immediately used my powers of melody and tonal interpretation and I told myself that the tone of his voice was respectful and not sarcastic. Does this count as a thumbs up?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
nope, he was laughing at your car..

I would have burned out and let the BOV go off a few times.:D

that's one thing I love about my supras, they don't sound like Civics, there's a nice deep tone that can only be had with a 3.0L engine..

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
My 89+ has most of the clear coat completely faded, and I have had 1 girl chase me down and ask if I'd sell it (maybe she fancied what was under my hood wink wink who knows haha) and 2 or 3 guys stop me at lights and ask if it was for sale.

Cruising on the highway with my smelly exhaust leakin headgasket, a guy pulled up next to me in a very tastefully modded STI and gave me props and hoped I was doing things with it.

I can't wait till the new engine is in and my super awesome blitz black paint is completed. From the responses so far, I'd think she'll really turn some heads.

On the downside I had a crazy Latin woman shout an immense amount of obscenities at me because my exhaust smelled so bad, I just shrugged and apologized. It was quite hysterical though...my exhaust smells HORRIBLE on a humid day.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Nghty89;1297562 said:
I find myself walking out to my car and people are posing with it a fairly regular sight when I'm out and about. I've had many people ask what it is and checking it out at lights. It's an awesome feeling!

:boink:

JDMMA70;1297567 said:
I havent gotten a single compliment yet, except from one old receptionist at the Dentist Office said she bought one new in '88, but no real compliments when im out an about. I always figured it was because its a Pre89 even i admit they arent as eye appealing at Post89's, but i still love the old school look. Lol i have been told the car is ugly, and that i should convert to Post89 body parts but those are usually from local Supra guys.

Derek your car is NOT ugly.

RazoE;1297584 said:
with my white car, at a gas station, some dude selling some car wax in a can (works pretty damn well, by the way http://www.fw1shine.com ) asked me if it was twin turbo, I told him it was N/A but going to be swapped soon, saw him again a month later, the day after my 7MGTE swap and told him "told you I wasn't kidding", gave me a thumbs up.

Another guy selling the same stuff at another gas station near my parents' house asked if it was 1JZ, I told him it's an NA swapped to a 7MGTE and he told me it was cool and he liked the kit/lip I had on it, and how his dad used to have one, and asked if I wanted to sell it...

no compliments on my black/blue cars yet though...:(

I get offers alot. Yesterday a guy made offer:3d_frown:

enjoyer;1297587 said:
The first experiance of that kind was when i registrated the car in my country. Three of the workers came to inspect it(usualy only one does it). They "inspected" it from outside to inside. Also, asked questions, that are not related to registration:D. We'll it's o.k. , because Supra's are pretty rare here. Also, i get a lot of looks from pedestrians and other drivers when i'm on the road. At least one driver per day tries to race me from the light. When a car is parked at my home, i see a lot of people stoping to see it up close. It's a nice feeling. But not all understand why i payed such a sum of cash for a 92 car :D.

92's should bring the most if our cars ever become really worth anything.

MK3Brent;1297588 said:
I don't get the "What kind of car is that?"

I get "What's that smell?"

:aigo::aigo:

Who

Supramania Contributor
RazoE;1297626 said:
nope, he was laughing at your car..

Dammit no support, not even from my fellow Supramaniacs. My wife was with me that day and she whispered in my ear "You should of kept the Mustang".........Bitch!!

RazoE;1297626 said:
I would have burned out and let the BOV go off a few times.:D

that's one thing I love about my supras, they don't sound like Civics, there's a nice deep tone that can only be had with a 3.0L engine..

Unfortunately I have a automatic and I haven't mastered the burn out.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
put it in D, hold the brake with your left foot, and gas it..

my automatic 240sx with an open differential was a burn out machine (albeit one wheel)...

jugodegolf said:
92's should bring the most if our cars ever become really worth anything.

nice, my black car's a 92 hardtop (so sun roof)..:naughty:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
whowouldfigga;1297642 said:
Dammit no support, not even from my fellow Supramaniacs. My wife was with me that day and she whispered in my ear "You should of kept the Mustang".........Bitch!!

Unfortunately I have a automatic and I haven't mastered the burn out.

:kickinthenuts:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I've had people pull me off to the side to ask me about it even in the shit shape it was in at the time; they're mostly middle aged dudes and this was one of their dream cars in the day or something like that I figure. It surprised me how many really, but I guess its not like there's many kinds of sports cars around here :dunno:

Unfortunately there's an equal amount of morons, with the aww I thought you had a mk4, or the your car is from the 80's so it must be a pos. :3d_frown:

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
George , you have seen my Supra , & you know damm well I get looks all the time .:sarcasm:

This girl I know said it looks like a catfish .... It kinda does :3d_frown:

Even though shes an ulgy mutt , I still love her:love:

Cant wait to get my White Supra back together :naughty:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Dr Chill;1297668 said:
This girl I know said it looks like a catfish .... It linda does :3d_frown:

What the MKIII? lol I had some mag coverage a while back that said and I quote " not all supra turbos look like catfish" as the heading, referring to the MKIV. :D

Duane