Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
So there was a no go on these??

I guess i'll put my handicrafting skills to the test, see if i can create a replica.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
rodel;1773190 said:

Oh Shit! Time for people to put their money where their mouth is. I love this wing and if I was closer to doing my paint/body work I'd jump on this right now.

Somebody here pick this sucker up and have a mold made!!! $600 is actually pretty reasonable when it includes shipping for a legit Kaminari 3-piece. I'm still debating it... but chances are it'd get damaged in my garage before I got to have it painted, installed.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
suprarx7nut;1773193 said:
Oh Shit! Time for people to put their money where their mouth is. I love this wing and if I was closer to doing my paint/body work I'd jump on this right now.

Somebody here pick this sucker up and have a mold made!!! $600 is actually pretty reasonable when it includes shipping for a legit Kaminari 3-piece. I'm still debating it... but chances are it'd get damaged in my garage before I got to have it painted, installed.

I doubt that whoever picks this up, will be getting a mold made so that everyone could have a copy. $600 is the premium to have a rare part. If I didn't have one yet, I'd pay the $600 RIGHT NOW.

But here's an idea...Someone pick this up, collect cover charge totaling $600 amongst those who want a mold made to get into Club Kaminari. For example: collect $50 from 12 people, $100 from 6 people, $12 from 50 people (LOL), etc..

That way the buyer gets a free Kaminari wing. Ask Shine to make a mold. Everyone is happy!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
rodel;1773195 said:
I doubt that whoever picks this up, will be getting a mold made so that everyone could have a copy. $600 is the premium to have a rare part. If I didn't have one yet, I'd pay the $600 RIGHT NOW.

But here's an idea...Someone pick this up, collect cover charge totaling $600 amongst those who want a mold made to get into Club Kaminari. For example: collect $50 from 12 people, $100 from 6 people, $12 from 50 people (LOL), etc..

That way the buyer gets a free Kaminari wing. Ask Shine to make a mold. Everyone is happy!

Hmm... opening up paypal.... NO! must resist.... dammit Rodel....

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
suprarx7nut;1773196 said:
Hmm... opening up paypal.... NO! must resist.... dammit Rodel....

When this wing is sold, everyone will be saying, "I should've listened to Rodel and paid the $600!"

Then I will respond, "Coulda, woulda, shoulda." Watch, someone stealthy that hasn't even posted in this thread will buy it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
rodel;1773197 said:
When this wing is sold, everyone will be saying, "I should've listened to Rodel and paid the $600!"

Then I will respond, "Coulda, woulda, shoulda." Watch, someone stealthy that hasn't even posted in this thread will buy it.

Two years from now, when I actually do body work and a paint job, I know I'll be saying that. Maybe I'll cruise my garage tomorrow and craigslist my way to this wing.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Does the molding process ruin the original item? If not, I am seriously debating taking one for the team to get a mold made... enough to put my engine plans on hold...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I don't believe the mold would damage anything. It shouldn't be a sacrificial wing, just a loaner to a shop that can make it.

I'd love to see it in carbon fiber.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marotta1

Supreme Lurker
If a few people chipped in to get a mold, I would be in. I might buy the wing myself and have the mold made if that happened. Why don't we start a list of people who are ready to put up money right now. This way no one has to "take one for the team" and take the $600 hit.

6 people could throw in $100 or 12 people could throw in $50. Any takers?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, I offered Shine the chance to replicate the Regulus wing I picked up sometime last year, but at the time they had no interest in replicating it. This thread however, seems to have a hope. I like the idea of a "community" wing, get enough people to pitch in and send the original one straight to Shine. After all, $250-300 is a lot better for a wing than $600 in my opinion. :)

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
well... i was beat to it. I wonder if the new owner would like to take up the burden of providing mold material lol...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1773597 said:
You know, I offered Shine the chance to replicate the Regulus wing I picked up sometime last year, but at the time they had no interest in replicating it. This thread however, seems to have a hope. I like the idea of a "community" wing, get enough people to pitch in and send the original one straight to Shine. After all, $250-300 is a lot better for a wing than $600 in my opinion. :)

Its likely that a replica of the Kaminari would cost more that $300...but i doubt $600. This wing would be complicated to make.