Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
when I spoke to Rodel about them, he said he had a semi difficult time getting a hold of one, or so it seemed. it didn't take me too long to find them though..

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dylan JZ;1698853 said:
when I spoke to Rodel about them, he said he had a semi difficult time getting a hold of one, or so it seemed. it didn't take me too long to find them though..

Dylan, did you find a company that could actually obtain one for you? Or did you find a company that advertised it? I contacted Kaminari years ago. I was informed that the mold to make the wing no longer exists. Perhaps they made a new mold after I contacted them. :icon_eek:

For anyone that wants this wing...my advice is to dive on the opportunity on a used one like a loose ball in a tied game 7 of the NBA Finals with 3 seconds remaining on the game clock.

Last edited:

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I haven't found any pictures that really show off the wing. But I can say I've always been interested in that wing since I saw it on Rodel's car.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
rodel;1698878 said:
Dylan, did you find a company that could actually obtain one for you? Or did you find a company that advertised it? I contacted Kaminari years ago. I was informed that the mold to make the wing no longer exists. Perhaps they made a new mold after I contacted them. :icon_eek:

For anyone that wants this wing...my advice is to dive on the opportunity on a used one like a loose ball in a tied game 7 of the NBA Finals with 3 seconds remaining on the game clock.

You might want to sit down to hear this.. but I'm actually a magician.

jokes aside, I might get around to emailing that site..

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dylan JZ;1698902 said:
You might want to sit down to hear this.. but I'm actually a magician.

jokes aside, I might get around to emailing that site..

About that site: http://www.google.com/products/sell...yusAOdsKj6DA&ved=0CC0QqQwwAA&biw=1280&bih=610

They got an "F" grade from the Better Business Bureau
http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/KGS-Engineering-Inc-100044422'

"Complainants allege a variety of order, delivery, and return problems, coupled by allegations of poor quality merchandise. Customers complain that body kits, hoods, bumpers, or other parts, do not fit their vehicles; have jagged edges and must be re-cut; must be modified, or are otherwise not compatible with electrical or mechanical components of their vehicles. Complainants also report dissatisfaction with the 25% to 30% restocking fee charged for returns, and for paying the postage on returns for damaged or defective merchandise. The company has responded in a few cases by advising complainants that they cannot accept returns on any merchandise that has been altered or modified, or by advising customers that all kits need work to make them fit. In one case a refund was issued. One or more complaints are unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate. Most complaints remain unanswered."

Why don't you just contact Kaminari directly?
http://www.kaminari.com/contact

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Spanish Surprise;1699725 said:
So when is Shine Auto taking on the challenge? :drink1:

they need a molding to make them from 1st..

someone send them there's ill most likely be interested in one as long as i dont have to drill anymore holes

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

becareful this is quoted driectly from Kaminari's website

"The following are known unauthorized dealers, who may or may not be selling counterfeited Kaminari kits:''

andysautosport.com
autosportz.com
body-kits.biz
body-kitz.com
bodykits.shopzilla.com
carbodykitstore.com
gofastperformance.com
hopuracing.com
horsepowerfreaks.com
Ilovebodykits.com
importrendz.com
itz-usa.com
mustangspeed.com
kgsengineering.com
automega.com
procivic.com
customautotrim.com
sfxperformance.com
Buyspoilers.com
shop4bodykits.com.com
yourhotcar.com

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
dragracer;1696284 said:
Somebody needs to make a copy of this. Id buy.

dubsupra209;1696149 said:
i want it too...

lithium14;1696079 said:
I will get on that asap!!

supra1008;1708199 said:
I'd definately be down for one!!

D.J.T.;1708194 said:
I'd definitely get one so

+1

if only someone would send theres in for the mold...

Spanish Surprise;1699725 said:
So when is Shine Auto taking on the challenge? :drink1:

I've heard this many times, gentlemen, but when it's time for buyers to commit, the story changes. If I see indication that 25 buyers are willing to commit, not who is "interested," then I'll consider asking Shine to replicate my Kaminari 3 piece. Commitment requires full payment upfront prior to having the mold made, which is the way all the group buys that I've organize has worked.

(Next, the response that I foresee from buyers is, "Depends on the price." LOL.)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I think my 86.5 once had this wing, because when I installed my 89 3 piece (bought it wingless), the holes were in almost the same location, but they were extended further out in each direction. Never thought about it further until now..

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I'm pretty sure all three pieces are different, and Rodel, i am in, considering that this process may take months, so given my savings plan, I think I could set aside enough for this. Perhaps we can get a new thread started solely for the purpose of collecting names... or later tonight i can covert this thread :D

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
The 3 pieces of the Kaminari spoiler are all different from the stock 3 piece. Price is unknown until Shine evaluates a project, but for those that have bought Shine products, you know that their prices are always good and reasonable.

As I mentioned, I will consider the project if there is indication of 25 committed buyers, meanwhile, I'll be a passive observer for you guys' Kaminari 3 piece initiative.